forum

Osu-Challenge #13k to #1k in 30 days

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aquantum
As mentioned above, i'm gonna challenge myself from currently 13k to 1k in hopefully less than a month.

I will start at Monday 18.04.2016 and will end the challenge at Wednesday 18.05.

Every playhour will be livestreamed at my twitch channel linked in my profile, feel free to tune in, chat or give me some advice for pp farm maps.

I hope this post doesn't violate against any rules, and if it does i'm sorry. :lol:

Thanks for reading, have a nice day and keep it up!

Edit: changed schedule to night, cause too much stuff is going on when the sun is still up lol.
Rilene
You sure? That's a huge leap in terms of progress and can be VERY challenging but anyways, good luck.
ithgyu
have fun failing unless you intend to play like 20 thousand maps in those 30 days
Yuudachi-kun
It took me from April to June to go from 4,000 to 5,000pp; June - August, then january - march to go from 5,000 to 6,000pp and even at ~6100pp I'm hardly rank 1.2k.

You're not going to get to 1k in 30 days.
Topic Starter
Aquantum
Well, that's what a challenge is supposed to be, isn't it?

God bless me then, haha.
N0thingSpecial
pretty sure you will fail, with subpar accuracy you're not going to get too much pp, at least you'll have to FC more maps to get more pp
DeathHydra
Good luck. I think it's kinda impossible though, and it's not a challenge if it's impossible.

For maps, my top rank might be a good start for you (that is if you can stream 190 bpm)
Endie-
not gonna happen buddy. took me around 4-5
Lets see how far you go though!
Good luck~
-Makishima S-
Good luck, get as high as you can.

1k is impossible.
B1rd
My version: Get from #9,600 to #9,200 in a month.
Sylveon
let me put it this way. if you do it won't be legit.
if your skill level is higher than your current pp (as mine was) you may shoot up dramatically (as I did from 13k-5k in about 4 days) but you will plateau as its only natural. I havnt gained any noticeable pp in over a month and a half now, but im not to bothered as the only reason i bothered getting rank 13k-5k was to shut an arrogant friends mouth.

judging from your 90 day graph, I wouldnt suspect to find a huge increase in ranking now, and if it did occur I can tell you it would be suspicious in the least.

whats in your favour? I guess you've been playing for 4 years, I do find that people with lower PC/hours played but with a longer starting date (3-4 years ago) do tend to have more PP > PC/hours spent than those who started 2 years ago and have grinded the fuck out of the game
Topic Starter
Aquantum
Well, don't let stats deceive you. I indeed play for about 4 years. The first 2 years were the casual mouse-play days, where i played like 2-3* songs and didn't really give any thought to rank. The third year was a total break and i didn't play at all, i started playing a little bit seriously and bought a tablet about 1 year ago. And didn't really put too much effort into it. Around 12k plays in ~ 1 year. If i put my back into it and grind for 30 days nonstop, let's see what i ( or anyone else) can accomplish.

Thanks for your feedback guys and i know it won't be easy.

Btw. the low hit acc comes from jumping from 4* maps to 6*, and my acc wasn't that great from my mouse days anyway. But i don't think acc is everything i'll do it Fuduji style.
Sylveon

Aquantum wrote:

Well, don't let stats deceive you. I indeed play for about 4 years. The first 2 years were the casual mouse-play days, where i played like 2-3* songs and didn't really give any thought to rank. The third year was a total break and i didn't play at all, i started playing a little bit seriously and bought a tablet about 1 year ago. And didn't really put too much effort into it. Around 12k plays in ~ 1 year. If i put my back into it and grind for 30 days nonstop, let's see what i ( or anyone else) can accomplish.

Btw. the low hit acc comes from jumping from 4* maps to 6*, and my acc wasn't that great from my mouse days anyway. But i don't think acc is everything i'll do it Fuduji style.
i did put my back into it for my first month of playing. I grinded the fuck out of maps for PP and played 8-12 hours a day. I had a tablet after the first week. the end result was 8k PC and rank 16k or something like that. by 3 months I was rank 8k, then after going to uni I didnt gain any pp for a year and a half, but did play here and there.

thats what I accomplished in one month (basically 3 months) of no lifieing this game

after the end of most days I would have to stretch each finger on my pen holding hand out individually because my hand was stuck in the position of my grip and wouldn't move unless forceably stretched. I would also spend a good 5 minutes stretching out my leg as I always had one leg bent on my chair (which I would lean on), as often it would go into cramp when i tried to move it. I also developed a lump in the middle of my left hand due to (i suspect rsi) from using a terrible keyboard.

So while you grind this next month, please remember that what your doing isnt exactly revolutionary, people have done it before you and will do it after. If you enjoy the game this way then go ahead, but from experience I can tell you that was not fun, the competitive side of the game was 'fun' but not the actual game itself (esp when you realise how many people cheat there way past you anyway, it makes you feel like a retard for trying so hard). Now I do enjoy it alot more then I did, because I hardly play it
KanoSet
go away

Edit: "But i don't think acc is everything i'll do it Fuduji style."
acc = pp .. so for your challenge yeah.. acc is everything
Endie-

Aquantum wrote:

Its easier to go from 30k to10k than it is to go from 10k to 1k. You'll have to be able to fc around 5,8* maps to actually get some decent pp.
Sylveon
-Makishima S-
Sylveon, gib nomod maps too pls ^^

@Edit - nvm

t/376823

300-350 range maps are scary as motherfuck.
Railey2
this is an impossible challenge
Topic Starter
Aquantum

[Taiga] wrote:

Sylveon, gib nomod maps too pls ^^

@Edit - nvm

t/376823

300-350 range maps are scary as motherfuck.
Thanks for the maps :)

I think i can handle it somehow. I never no-life grinded this game so far, so i think my improvement with 8h / day will be extreme RSI inc.

RIP my wrists
Darkwing_420
Good luck.I will make sure to tune into that stream
Sylveon
tbh for no mod plays just check my mates profile https://osu.ppy.sh/u/5002270
Topic Starter
Aquantum

Sylveon wrote:

tbh for no mod plays just check my mates profile https://osu.ppy.sh/u/5002270
So you can get #3k with only 250pp plays, that's interesting. :oops:

My schedule will probably be Mo-Fr 09:00 - 18:00 with 20 min breaks every 2h to meditate or relief stress and a lunch break from 12:00-13:00.
Let's see how far my fingers will take me.

Not sure if i should also play on weekends, probably a little bit.

Cheers~
Endaris
Hello, Gameplay and Rankings is NOT your diary. READ the forum-specific rules.
Put such stuff on your profile instead.
Thank you.
Yuudachi-kun

Endaris wrote:

Thank you.

Woobowiz
Lambykinz
I wonder if you gave your account to some high ranking player (hvick, cookiezi, etc.) would this still be possible?

Edit: nvm ofc it would, you would start getting 1000s of pp per day lmao
Sylveon

Khelly wrote:

Endaris wrote:

Thank you.

Woobowiz

^^^^ this
DeathHydra

KanoSet wrote:

acc is everything
No acc is not everything. Look at this guy https://osu.ppy.sh/u/1583218
Yuudachi-kun
Acc helps get pp
Rilene
if ming gets good acc, ming can get like extra 1-1.5k pp by now
B1rd

Rilene wrote:

if ming gets good acc, ming can get like extra 1-1.5k pp by now
Getting acc on 255bpm deathstreams is more of a speed and stamina issue, rather than an acc issue.
show more