forum

Good Acc?

posted
Total Posts
show more
_DT3
Well, lots of times maps have like 1k objects ore more, so getting 97 % in that case is kinda bad, I guess...
winber1
as most people say, 97% is starting to borderline "bad" but hell getting a 94% on some maps still makes me feel good depending on how streamy/hard it is and what od its at. like hell if i could even get an 90% on four dimensions i'll just quit the game in satisfaction
but that's cuz i suck so whatever
chainpullz

winber1 wrote:

as most people say, 97% is starting to borderline "bad" but hell getting a 94% on some maps still makes me feel good depending on how streamy/hard it is and what od its at. like hell if i could even get an 90% on four dimensions i'll just quit the game in satisfaction
but that's cuz i suck so whatever
Adamqs sucks too tbh. Shit acc he should have quit in satisfaction already. :^)
Yukitemi
If you play to enjoy the damn game you shouldn't care about others opinion. Only thing you should care is, you satisfied in your performance or try again to improve. #0fcsgiven
DeathHydra
If you're struggling to get 97% on kinda low OD maps, that just means you're not reading the map properly. Look carefully on each approach circle, or maybe you can examine your replay and see what you're doing wrong (like you keep hitting too early or too too late) and try to fix it.

Good acc is kinda map-dependent, because I feel like some maps are harder to acc than the other. It's also different for every people, but most of the time, above 97% is already quite good, and the barline should keep going up as you improve
Xyrus_old_1
Accuracy doesn't come with retrying, it comes with playing more maps. When you play, do you have a sense of when you're coming in early or late? Don't just accept getting a 300 as being able to read the map, focus on nailing each circle to within a small amount of time. For example, to get a 300 with OD10, you need to hit it within 0.195 seconds of the beat, you then add on 0.06 seconds for every 1OD you drop down.

Try playing some OD7 maps (0.375 seconds), then watch your replay and see how how far apart your hits are on the Hit Error bar. While you're playing slow and easy parts, can you land right next to the centre each time? How wide do you start going on triples, quintuples, etc. Can you maintain your accuracy on jumps etc.

Rather than trying to get good accuracy by repeating maps over and over, try playing through several new maps once. Don't worry about getting good acc or FCing, just play through and focus on reading the map as best as you can. Repeating the same map over and over is boring and will only improve your accuracy on that map, playing more maps in general will improve your accuracy overall.

Rosten wrote:

I've always wondered exactly what is considered good accuracy.

DeathAdderz wrote:

Good acc is kinda map-dependent, because I feel like some maps are harder to acc than the other. It's also different for every people, but most of the time, above 97% is already quite good, and the barline should keep going up as you improve
This ^ .

Rosten wrote:

I see some people (mainly HR players) say that anything below 99% is trash
It depends on your skill and how hard the map's difficulty pushes you. For me, anything less than 99% on most 3.5-4* maps I'm playing nomod for the 1st time would be trash. Go up to 4.5* and I'd have to play it a few times to get 98+%. Go to 5* and 96.5% is about as high as I'll achieve for now. There are even some low 4* maps I have trouble breaking 95% on... :(

Those numbers will get higher for me, and they'll get higher for you too. Just play more.
ithgyu
depends how hard the map is. The reason people say less thatn 99% acc is shit is because when you play high od and, the difference between over 99% acc and say between 98-99% acc is a fuck load of pp, so often its not worth getting an fc unless you get very close to or over 99% acc
Topic Starter
Rosten
Would anyone happen to have a number of good OD 7-10 for 4-4.5*? Most of the maps I have within that sort of FC-able-but-not-too-easy range are like, OD 4-6.
ithgyu
most new 4 star maps are min od6, just play more man, you will get better acc naturally
Endie-
feel the beat
-Makishima S-

II Jelli II wrote:

depends how hard the map is. The reason people say less thatn 99% acc is shit is because when you play high od and, the difference between over 99% acc and say between 98-99% acc is a fuck load of pp, so often its not worth getting an fc unless you get very close to or over 99% acc
Also very very true.

supercell - Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari [Celestial] (98.76%) worth 176pp
99,5% worth over 200pp

not even 1% difference.

High level maps tend to have difference of like 40-50pp, not mention HR makes it even more acc strict due OD10.
Jelli, what's adverage difference for a 5,5* map with HR between 98 and 99%?
Xyrus_old_1

Rosten wrote:

Would anyone happen to have a number of good OD 7-10 for 4-4.5*? Most of the maps I have within that sort of FC-able-but-not-too-easy range are like, OD 4-6.
Most 4* maps are OD7-8

OD8.5 - https://osu.ppy.sh/b/781370&m=0
OD9.0 - https://osu.ppy.sh/b/36223&m=0 (it's also CS5)
OD9.5 - https://osu.ppy.sh/b/731535&m=0

Prepare to get rekt by those 3 ^ 8-)

Beyond that there's always osusearch
-Makishima S-

Xyrusd0t0 wrote:

Rosten wrote:

Most 4* maps are OD7-8

OD8.5 - https://osu.ppy.sh/b/781370&m=0
OD9.0 - https://osu.ppy.sh/b/36223&m=0 (it's also CS5)
OD9.5 - https://osu.ppy.sh/b/731535&m=0

Prepare to get rekt by those 3 ^ 8-)

Beyond that there's always osusearch
OD9.5 map is a nightmare, star rating is waaaaaaaaay too low for difficulty what this map present. Personally i could rate this one map around 5,5* in term of difficulty... hell, even some 5,5* didn't gave me more pain than this one.
Sayorie
I can't even follow my rhythm to a metronome's beat (recently doing guitar lessons), so to people who say that '"having a bad sense of rhythm" is just an excuse', you just don't know what it feels like to have a shit acc ;___;
ithgyu
one of the keys to acc is understanding that in 1/2 beats which is what you will come across most of the time, the time between 2 notes is the same, align yourself with the music by listening to it, like actually listening to it, and then just tap at regular intervals at the bpm
Topic Starter
Rosten

II Jelli II wrote:

one of the keys to acc is understanding that in 1/2 beats which is what you will come across most of the time, the time between 2 notes is the same, align yourself with the music by listening to it, like actually listening to it, and then just tap at regular intervals at the bpm
Harder than it sounds Q_Q

Keeping a perfectly consistent rhythm over time is pretty damn difficult

Also @ArmstrongGuyIThinkYourNameIsXyrus??? Thank you so much for that link, how could I have never known something like this existed.
Yuudachi-kun
Or just be me and only acc when you want pee pee
Topic Starter
Rosten

Khelly wrote:

Or just be me and only acc when you want pee pee
you say that like i ever dont want pp

i live for the slowly incrementing numbers.

xP
tfg50

Xyrusd0t0 wrote:

Try playing some OD7 maps (0.375 seconds), then watch your replay and see how how far apart your hits are on the Hit Error bar. While you're playing slow and easy parts, can you land right next to the centre each time? How wide do you start going on triples, quintuples, etc. Can you maintain your accuracy on jumps etc.
No, these numbers are wrong. The timing window is exactly 10 times smaller than that.... Imagine if OD7 were 0.375 seconds for a 300. In that case if you play OD7+AR10 you have 83.3% of the time the circle is in your screen to get a 300. The circle stays in the screen for 0.45 seconds on ar10...
-Makishima S-

tfg50 wrote:

Xyrusd0t0 wrote:

No, these numbers are wrong. The timing window is exactly 10 times smaller than that.... Imagine if OD7 were 0.375 seconds for a 300. In that case if you play OD7+AR10 you have 83.3% of the time the circle is in your screen to get a 300. The circle stays in the screen for 0.45 seconds on ar10...
Numbers are right.
http://w.ppy.sh/6/68/ARTable.png
http://w.ppy.sh/8/88/ODTable.png
tfg50
The OD table uses ms... 37.5 ms = 37.5/1000 seconds = 0.0375 seconds not 0.375 seconds... just use common sense, if it were like he said it would be literaly impossible to get early 100s while playing ar11+od7 because the 300 timing window would be higher than the timing window of the circle disappearing...

Also you would be able to stream full 300s on od10 while being WAY WAY WAY off beat, if you want I'll do the math but it is something like you would be able to start streaming after the timing you are suposed to click the third circle of the stream and get 300s. Or even worse depending on the bpm.
-Makishima S-
The OD table uses ms... 37.5 ms = 37.5/1000 seconds = 0.0375 seconds not 0.375 seconds
Right, pardone.
Was just checking raw numbers.
E m i
High od is mostly about finger control B)
I recommend using the same force and speed every time you press key.
You can't aim for the actuation point because you can't feel it too well and because of input/audio delay also.
But you can aim to make the time difference between passing the actuation point and bottoming out, constant.
Xyrus_old_1

[Taiga] wrote:

The OD table uses ms... 37.5 ms = 37.5/1000 seconds = 0.0375 seconds not 0.375 seconds
Right, pardone.
Was just checking raw numbers.
I fell into the same trap :(
Topic Starter
Rosten
Whelp. I now have 1337 PP with Surprise Buttsecks as my top score (Would be higher but I gave up trying to get HD FC after missing in the 500 combo range fifty times.) Brb archiving my profile page so this ridiculousness will forever be immortalized on the internet.

Real talk now, I actually really like playing OD 8.5 songs. 7 seems to lenient now, and 9-10 too strict. It's a shame there aren't many OD 8.5 maps at my level, guess I'm just gonna have to start getting good (5.5* maps soon... *Looks at 92% on Fluorite's Kiss* Soon.)

Thanks for all of the advice and such on this thread. It's helped me quite a bit with not having completely god awful accuracy.
Endaris

Rosten wrote:

Real talk now, I actually really like playing OD 8.5 songs. 7 seems to lenient now, and 9-10 too strict. It's a shame there aren't many OD 8.5 maps at my level, guess I'm just gonna have to start getting good (5.5* maps soon... *Looks at 92% on Fluorite's Kiss* Soon.)

Thanks for all of the advice and such on this thread. It's helped me quite a bit with not having completely god awful accuracy.
As long as you're incapable of getting 99%+/SSing OD7 maps there's no need to play higher OD to improve your accuracy.
In fact playing OD close to 10 can be entirely worthless accuracywise because you will get 100s at spots where you can't even tell from your hitsounds/keyboardclacks whether you were early or late.
Improving accuracy is a very consistent process without any shortcuts or lifehacks once you start talking about OD9+.
Below you can improve your accuracy by improving your reading.
tfg50

Endaris wrote:

In fact playing OD close to 10 can be entirely worthless accuracywise because you will get 100s at spots where you can't even tell from your hitsounds/keyboardclacks whether you were early or late.
This is a lie, if you acc is sharp enough you can feel stuff like "I streamed this a bit late" or "my timing on that section was a bit too early" even on od10 while getting 300s. Ofc getting 100% is hard as it is execution but it's not 100% random.

The rest is true though, playing od10 while your acc isn't good enough might not help you. I play mainly nomod/hd maps and my acc steadily increases even though I'm getting 100%/close to ss on the maps I'm playing. Acc is almost all about consistency.
Endaris

tfg50 wrote:

Endaris wrote:

This is a lie, if you acc is sharp enough you can feel stuff like "I streamed this a bit late" or "my timing on that section was a bit too early" even on od10 while getting 300s. Ofc getting 100% is hard as it is execution but it's not 100% random.
Yeah, assuming one is already that good it's true of course.
It also depends on the map though, on medium to fast maps it's easier to acc high OD compared to low bpm.
B1rd

Momiji wrote:

better than anything i am able to get
So I need to beat 99% on Freedom Dive [Another] with HR to get 'good acc'??

Nope, no thank you, I'm not even gonna try to get good acc, I'll stick with 97% on OD8 thank you very much.
Saunamaisteri

Mahogany wrote:

99%+ is good acc
98%+ is acceptable
97%+ is kinda borderline
Anything below is kinda bad
I have exactly the same acc policy.
MrMcMikey22
oh god meanwhile I have 90% acc. xP
[AlphaCentauri]
oh god meanwhile i have commented about how you have necroposted a 6 year old thread
Karmine
Why would you do this?
Szynkowice
Why is it still possible? Threads should obviously be locked after 1 or 2 months of no new messages.
[AlphaCentauri]

Szynkowice wrote:

Why is it still possible? Threads should obviously be locked after 1 or 2 months of no new messages.
imo should be auto lock
xyz123_567
Idk. It depends on what map it is. But overall i find >96% acc pretty decent
Simon12
SS is good acc
AccountWontWork
3 yil
Voidedosu

Simon12 wrote:

SS is good acc
ayyyyyyy