forum

What is the worst gaming community (in your opinion)?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lacrimae
self-explanatory title.

imo league and smite have the shittiest communities based on my experience

country-wise, it would be the PH community
Navizel
osu
Aurani
Hahaha nice thread mate.

Osu's.
a1l2d3r4e5d6
I have a limited selection.

osu!, most likely. It just beats out World of Tanks for me.
Justykanna
League of Legends is pretty high up there for me. It's a team game and there's a lot of people who are both toxic and don't want to work as a team, which comes off as odd to me... because it's a team game.
Maplestory was pretty bad for me. I leveled to 30 and between then and the start, I ran into a LOT of kill-stealers and people who'd spam chats for no real reason.
World of Warcraft is a close third, though I wouldn't say it was as bad as the previous two above.

osu! I've found has had a really friendly community. I'm on the forums all the time (I've posted over 1000 times, I'm not sure why my counter reset recently) and I've rarely had to deal with people badmouthing others in a really hardcore way. I've asked a lot of questions and brought up some other topics and I generally get friendly answers.
Cianuro chan
I m not of a online player, I don't even play Osu! online so I dont know much about his comunity, but is weird that no one says Call of duty or GTA online comunities XD And league of legends... sometimes I found ppl with I can talk too but, at high lvl, there are hard to find XD I have to mute in almost every game :c
Pawsu
I can't see osu! ever being up there in the worst community, compared to some games, this community is amazing.
I do say elsword is pretty bad though.
Justykanna

Cianuro chan wrote:

I m not of a online player, I don't even play Osu! online so I dont know much about his comunity, but is weird that no one says Call of duty or GTA online comunities XD And league of legends... sometimes I found ppl with I can talk too but, at high lvl, there are hard to find XD I have to mute in almost every game :c
Omg I forgot about CoD... You get a LOT of kids who dunno what the crap they're talking about.
My friends had a lot of times in Modern Warfare 2 where they'd get consistently accused of hacking... Can sit here and tell you that they don't hack. People need to learn to use their brain every now and then.
Fourth
Minecraft
My country #1 armed robbing/theft/assault/serial killing/trash talking online simulator.

Nah just kidding but it's still sucks tho

These FPS community: Point Black/ X-Shot/ Special force
It's basically a community full of squakers who already f*cked your mum several times and hacked your ip address.
Rurree
I dislike the osu forums recently but the worst community based on experience has to be Dota 2. Worse than League for sure.
deadbeat
Dota is a different kind of horrible though. Dota 2 is more of an elitist community. from what i know about the LoL one, it's just all around horrible(someone can correct me on this)

also since this is a rather negative discussion, let's try not go to far with the discussion ok
Stefan
I have absolutely no idea why do we need to ask that out.
DeletedUser_3905941
osu. At this point it's not even a community, but a bunch of several different groups that keep on throwing shit at each other.
Witch Mercy
League's community is pretty bad.
GSG95
You know that one game that has all the children running around with garishly coloured knives? You know, the one where apparently everyone has fucked your mom?

CS is pretty cancer. But I can't say it's the worst because I have met some really nice people there.
Gumpy

GSG95 wrote:

CS is pretty cancer.
Cyclohexane
either neogaf or jeuxvideo.com both are terrible in their own right
Lambykinz
Kind of a silly thread that doesn't do much to address why these gaming communities are the way they are, but whatever.

I feel like a lot of multiplayer FPS games (such as Call of Duty and CounterStrike) tend to have slightly more "toxic" players than the average. This could be due to a number of reasons: (1) team games in general give you the ability to yell at your teammates and blame others for your loss, which could result in more toxic behavior among players; in competitive 1v1 games this is not possible because the only person you can blame is yourself really. (2) FPS games have that first person perspective, so when you kill someone the feeling of domination over them might be higher than if you kill someone in a MOBA for example, because you really feel like you killed that player in person. This could lead to testosterone fueled pride if you kill someone or testosterone fueled rage if you mess up or whatever.
SubZ
I just came here to see how many people wrote "osu".
Justykanna

SubZ XD wrote:

I just came here to see how many people wrote "osu".
osu! is far from the worst community I've seen lol.
Kibbleru
osu

league is bad but most toxic players r just trolling tbh
osu is some next level drama

tldr, league is men fighting
osu is women fighting
Propensity
-LoL
-DOTA 2
-Combat Arms
Manysi
Once i played a WoW private server, dont remember the name rn but people there were pretty fucking toxic.
DeathHydra
Almost every game is kind of toxic tbh
Surono
Should I wrote this? oke, Osu!
others game Imo just like not reality, but here yus.
show more