forum

What is the worst gaming community (in your opinion)?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Gezuli
Me neither. I've yet to meet one toxic guy in osu!, meanwhile getting salty people is the norm in CS:GO and Overwatch. From what I've seen, the osu! community is alright, and, IMHO, encouraging conversation and participation.

On an unrelated note, the osu! community is multilingual. That's not really the case with CS:GO because most of the Russophones playing there consider the CS:GO community as their backyard.
credible
fortnite
DeletedUser_10198015
heck yeah i can agree, fortnite's community was WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY toxic i'll be honest. I only lasted 2 seasons, because guess what? I GOT BORED.

Basically, I started in late season 3, got hiatus for boredom, returned for season 4, and then early season 5, bye bye.
Rizevim
csgo i think
pockybeatss
tbh overwatch fandom is unnecessarily rude. in osu we are all just sarcastic and blunt so no one takes any hate to heart but with overwatch some people are REALLY vocal about what they don’t like and it’s one reason why i don’t play as much anymore :,)
DeletedUser_6709840
Animal Crossing, holy heck. These are the people who get toxic because a stupid ugly sheep came to their island, bully people to trade for Nook Miles Tickets and bells, and hounded Nintendo for years wondering when they would get New Horizons.
Eifuyu
Overwatch?
lot
For sure Dead by Daylight or Csgo. Both filled with hackers and people that take advantage of bugs and glitches in the game. Csgo is a bit more toxic because of the voice chat but Dead by Daylight is horrible considering killers and survivors will lag switch, players from other countries will use VPNS to get an advantage, Or a survivor will team up with a killer and throw the whole game.
Nuuskamuikkunen

Wei Wuxian wrote:

Animal Crossing, holy heck. These are the people who get toxic because a stupid ugly sheep came to their island, bully people to trade for Nook Miles Tickets and bells, and hounded Nintendo for years wondering when they would get New Horizons.
God. How the hell did the most wholesome nintendo series turn into that in the span of 3 years? D:
dashnyam_mn
Dota 2 makes all other games look like school playground also never go to /r/dota2.
Asphiee

dashnyam_mn wrote:

Dota 2 makes all other games look like school playground also never go to /r/dota2.
I second this. Russians do their own thing, Pinoys just got some loud hole...

and for some reason there's a dota tension between the 3 spirit brothers which is malaysia, indonesia and philippines... lmao
Phantonym
Mobile Legends
Asphiee

ChargeIon wrote:

Mobile Legends
mobile legends, when a certain rafaela spammer gets no tank in the game - fast gg.
qwt
R6/Fortnite
- Yuno Gasai -
Tales Of Wind
joanne_kong
roblox
-BunZ-
League of Legends
RealMadzie
Super Smash Bros. is the most toxic gaming community ever, in my opinion.

It's so easy to get into the toxicity of "my character didn't make it!" or "Sakurai, this isn't competitive-friendly!", and it makes it so hostile. The Waluigi fandom makes it even worse, with people acting like he is the most neglected Mario character ever and it is a crime for him to be an assist trophy. Not that I'm against Waluigi or any character being playable, but some people take it to the extent where I question if they are truly happy or if they feel their only lives' purpose is to get Geno playable in Smash (although I do want Geno in Smash).

The recent competitive controversy makes the whole community look terrible, and I feel bad for every good person who just wants to play for fun in tournaments.

(I tried to make this as civil as possible, so I apologize if this sounds angry)
Luka-
Any competetive pvp game like:
Lol
Dota 2
Rainbow six siege
csgo
fortnite
TatianaOrtiz
League of Legends, is one of the most toxic communities that I could enter, that is to play a few games and the players kick you out.
haha i rolypoly
the call of duty community and halo community. Both communities have an ongoing war on what game is better, plus almost everyone of them are probably like 9
Dilly_P
Fortnite, I have never wanted to hurt kids as much as when I play that game. I’ve never met a nice 12 year old on that game smh
Mentee
Most competitive games are, in my opinion, as the community they grow is made out of very negative and toxic individuals. A primary example would mean Dota 2.
KiddHusky
Well, most of the communities I've been involved in have been pretty tame until I turn on my mic lol. And being someone who gets my feelings hurt real easy I just kind of. Gave up on stuff like Overwatch or Rainbow Six.

So I guess what I'm saying is pvp stuff can be pretty toxic :P

(that's not to say all of them though)
DeletedUser_13702493
Noob
League of Legends.
outcastqt
This may seem out there but personally I think it's Hypixel Skyblock. If you don't know what it is it's basically Minecraft Skyblock but with extra aspects as well as being multiplayer.

I was unfortunate enough to because a YouTuber on the Hypixel Network primarily making Skyblock content. I had to spend hours of my life grinding for new things in the game so that I could make a video on it quicker than anyone else. And when you spend that much time in a game like that you start to learn about darker sides to the game.

People we're IRL trading, scamming people out of hundreds if not thousands of dollars, credit card fraud, tax evasion. All through the in game currency. Not to mention people doxxing people, leaking addresses, phone numbers, full names, because of something in a video game.

Crazy set of people.
Sophie Twilight
Anything that builds a huge ego in little kids around me

and that would be ML:BB + Malay community
aNoob543
roblox lol
animeslayergp
osu,etterna
robloxavatar14
Roblox
MisakiSakaki
Drift City Remastered

From the time he joined until I stopped playing, the only thing I found was hate speech, pro Hitler speeches, doxxing, etc, etc.
The moderators allow these behaviors and devs are not far behind, although it is true that in their discord they are a little more "controlled" but disgusting and toxic ingame.

Because it's a fanmade, it's made by players who played the game before it shutdown, so they have an abstract vision of what the game is, making progress in it unpleasant for those who have not previously known the game and known its mechanics, which in the current Remastered are abused in order to progress.
This is very important to note since if half of the toxicity occurs with the aforementioned, the other half understands this well, the devs does not care completely if you do not manage to progress, they have removed absolutely all the helps to help the player that It was difficult to progress (see, by not completing a mission in the established time, the counter tended to increase a couple of seconds (with a maximum increase, obviously) in order to help said player, since typically the missions are usually completed in a remaining margin of 1 to 3 seconds on average since for some reason, the devs have unreal time stamps for an average player, since as I have previously explained, they have a vision game abstract).

Surely I am leaving aside many things since I stopped playing months ago and honestly I do not know what the current state is, I hope for the better, but they really do not deserve it.
Suguri-
League, so much toxic people smh. Don't really play it that much anymore tbh.
Akumace1
Call of Duty. Great game but you will be called the worst things imaginable. From a little kids saying they had sexual relations with your parents. Grown up stoner heads calling you a faggot. Angsty teens trying to be edgy. And one day, you will have enough of the toxicity and you will join the toxicity yourself. You will one day become the very thing you hated most. And that’s the COD community for you.

Oh and you will get booted offline (ddosed) over and over and over again. It is such a damn problem me and my friend quit multiplayer and only played zombies mode. But luckily new Black Ops Cold War made it so you can hide your ip meaning you can talk so much shit without the fear of being ddosed.
Nuuskamuikkunen

pk kkr toho 999 wrote:

the call of duty community and halo community. Both communities have an ongoing war on what game is better, plus almost everyone of them are probably like 9
So nothing has changed since 2007 it seems.
Meseta
probably the pvp community of minecraft, it's really toxic
Apraxye
Rocket League is as toxic as you can get sometimes.
MasterJoshua456
Animal Crossings community fell from grace since nh has been released. Theres a load more toxic ppl now and I tend to stay away from it now.
tylert528
While I would jokingly put osu!, I would put the ROBLOX game Juke's Towers Of Hell, specifically the Joke Towers part of the community. as the main JTOH community is a little toxic (calling players who beat a soul crushing tower (towers that are insane difficulty or higher) a noob as they beat a harder one) and the joke towers community will ban, who is considered by most people, the most important person in the community because they said "Effortful"(Yes, this really happened).
somebody_33
In my opinion, League has the worst community. People flaming each other for feeding bot lane or making the littlest mistake. You'll meet a lot of toxic people in norms/ranked as well.
BTW I changed my username yesterday to peppy points and I achieved mastery 6 with Lux.
show more