forum

osu!catch World Cup 2016 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rad
you really have problems with mothers (don't insult mine plz)
Rurree

Hirikoshi wrote:

Why so many walkovers? This is the most important tournament for all ctb players, its terrible seeing so many wbd's. No comment for this T.T
Two of our players were mostly unavailable. The blame is on us tbh, we only had 3 members signed up, it sucks though, considering they were pretty skilled.

Hopefully me and the other Filipino newbies become skilled enough to participate in next year's CWC. :)
DeletedUser_500696
I agree with what you wrote about it being just a game, for many of us it's easier said than done though (especially when you look at twitch chat after a miss) :o. Also seen two camps when it comes to cwc captains so far, those that want to have the "best possible" team and chance at winning and those that are more relaxed with their picks. People don't seem to realize that having the best possible team has a completely different meaning in a group tourney setting than solo mode.
Deif
Mystery of the Group Stage mappool was resolved, related to Sedan Girl and Dirt Devil:

Topic Starter
Loctav
Wiki is updated!

finally groupstage done ;_;
Divine Cake
One question and one request

First i wonder if the tournament starts middle of may each year. Making it easier for me to know when to look for signups.

I would also like to point out that i missed the signup dates. This is nobody fault but my own. I was busy with schoolwork last week and as i have gathered that was the same week as signups. I would just like the signup possibility to be extended or that info of when signups will start is more readily available in game. I still you guys are doing great work :) just a bit sad that i missed the signups >.<
Rurree
It always starts at this time of the year, but registrations started weeks ago. Each world cups have like a month between them before you have the chance to sign up.

Announcements are always made so you shouldn't have too much of a problem signing up for next year as long as you actually take time to check the home page.
Zak

Divine Cake wrote:

First i wonder if the tournament starts middle of may each year. Making it easier for me to know when to look for signups.

I would also like to point out that i missed the signup dates. This is nobody fault but my own. I was busy with schoolwork last week and as i have gathered that was the same week as signups. I would just like the signup possibility to be extended or that info of when signups will start is more readily available in game. I still you guys are doing great work :) just a bit sad that i missed the signups >.<
Signups are usually over a month before the tournament starts, lasting I believe 3 or so weeks, with an announcement right on the front page as well as being shown on the main menu of the game, so it should be pretty hard to miss as long as you log in at least a couple times per week. Rurree was also correct, we usually have CWC around the same time every year, which is sadly inconvenient for me as it overlaps a week long trip to Florida that I have every year.
Divine Cake

Zak wrote:

Divine Cake wrote:

Signups are usually over a month before the tournament starts, lasting I believe 3 or so weeks, with an announcement right on the front page as well as being shown on the main menu of the game, so it should be pretty hard to miss as long as you log in at least a couple times per week. Rurree was also correct, we usually have CWC around the same time every year, which is sadly inconvenient for me as it overlaps a week long trip to Florida that I have every year.
Thank you Ruree and Zak. Might make it easier next year. I did not see the signup on the main page IG but might just have been me. However knowing that the tournament is held at the same time each year might counteract this problem next year.
Slainv
Congrats to all those whom won and a fruit sorbet for those whom have lost. You have given us awesome matches for the most part, and I am so happy to be commenting this tournament, with France winning and all this!
He Ang CTB

Slainv wrote:

I am so happy to be commenting this tournament, with France winning!
I hope Ttobas' computer explodes midway during Round of 16 D: And may the debris land on LeRenegat's head :O
JBHyperion

He Ang Erika wrote:

I hope Ttobas' computer explodes midway during Round of 16 D: And may the debris land on LeRenegat's head :O
Top-tier sportsmanship right there (^:
He Ang CTB

JBHyperion wrote:

He Ang Erika wrote:

Top-tier sportsmanship right there (^:
Team SG is Unseeded in that category LOL
autofanboy

He Ang Erika wrote:

T R I G G E R E D
farxhan
Have Done
deadbeat
JBHyperion
Catch the Chokes (^:
ZiRoX

JBHyperion wrote:

Catch the Chokes (^:
Choke the Beat
Topic Starter
Loctav
Wiki has been updated! Don't forget you can support your team by purchasing the team banners here
Topic Starter
Loctav
and again, the wiki has been updated! (wow, this thread is dead)
Artavia
So sweet
FuZ
TWC brackets?

Topic Starter
Loctav
woops. should update soon(tm)
yamile789
como puedo entrar?
-Takeshi
I want purchase a banner, but i have no credit card, can i use this system?

http://imgur.com/sl00KaX
Deif

yamile789 wrote:

como puedo entrar?
¡En este hilo sólo se puede hablar en inglés! El plazo de inscripción se cerró hace meses. Esa información la puedes mirar en la wiki del torneo (el link está en el primer post de este hilo). Además no has jugado nunca a osu!catch, así que no esperes que te acepten en un torneo a nivel internacional como éste.

-Takeshi wrote:

The paying methode you highlighted is one of the alternatives to paypal, so you can use it for sure.
-Takeshi

-Takeshi wrote:

The paying methode you highlighted is one of the alternatives to paypal, so you can use it for sure.[/quote]

No, peppy say i can't =/

http://imgur.com/9PXC3wr
Topic Starter
Loctav
wiki has been updated!
ZHSteven
I think Deif is intentionally putting my first and 2nd CTB map into the pool....

But anyway, good luck~~~
Hirikoshi
tiebreak map of final mappol was soooo predictiable, shame on mappickers :(
He Ang CTB

Hirikoshi wrote:

tiebreak map of final mappol was soooo predictiable, shame on mappickers :(
Ouch ;n; Polish players too outspoken about things QnQ
Zak
Not exactly a large list of better tiebreaker options unfortunately, the only other map I can think of that might have fit is maybe Uta
JBHyperion

Zak wrote:

Not exactly a large list of better tiebreaker options unfortunately, the only other map I can think of that might have fit is maybe Uta
hi there
Bunnrei

JBHyperion wrote:

Zak wrote:

hi there
damn jbh back at it again with the mapads
JBHyperion

Chara wrote:

damn jbh back at it again with the mapads
I regret nothing (:
Ascendance
i think ascendance's maps are pretty cool
Ddraigon

Zak wrote:

Yep, I exactly think the same map, too. I think the TB of Final will be Uta. But this TB will be very hard.
Niko-nyan
Congratulations to Indonesia
goodluck on Grand Final
_Nuvy
gg indonesia! now we are waiting for Korea vs USA! :D :D
Urabe Mikoto
indonesia hype hype hype lol
Btw good play for both team and good luck for tommorow
show more