JBHyperion wrote:

Rip all the nomod/HD players who signed up for the Convert World Cup though (^:
:>
Pew_old_1
That's a really nice tiebreaker map

Tbh i thought go 4 it rain was gonna be the tiebreaker
DeletedUser_500696

JBHyperion wrote:

Some really interesting picks in the mappool this year - I follow the progress of quite a lot of unranked sets but was surprised to find several maps I was completely unaware of lol.

Rip me
JBHyperion

Pew wrote:

Damn map selectors crushing our dreams (^:
He Ang CTB

JBHyperion wrote:

Pew wrote:

Damn map selectors crushing our dreams (^:
I thought Augo was in DT pool. Stop crushing my dreams map selectors :x
Hirikoshi

JBHyperion wrote:

Rip Me
worst mappol ever ups
Deif

JBHyperion wrote:

Some really interesting picks in the mappool this year - I follow the progress of quite a lot of unranked sets but was surprised to find several maps I was completely unaware of lol.

It's surprising how many good Pending/Graveyarded CtB osu!catch beatmaps are there, and from so many different mappers/styles. And people thought CtB was dead! You can expect from year to year that the number of specific beatmaps will increase though.

He Ang Erika wrote:

I thought Augo was in DT pool. Stop crushing my dreams map selectors :x
Augo DT is even too easy for the Group Stage please :^)
Kingkevin30

Deif wrote:

JBHyperion wrote:

It's surprising how many good Pending/Graveyarded CtB osu!catch beatmaps are there, and from so many different mappers/styles. And people thought CtB was dead! You can expect from year to year that the number of specific beatmaps will increase though.
Thats rather discouraging for me ;w; i never took a liking to where Specifics where pushing the Map-Designs..
everything is either High AR Flow-Snap Hyperchain Maps, or tilted Streams....but welp, nobody can be satisfied ~
Bunnrei
where are the mbomb platters
autofanboy
i am waiting for piano11 for finals tiebreaker
CelegaS
Map scoring is based on a new metric, called Score V2, but unlike in osu! without the accuracy score portion.
Loctav said about scoreV2 in osu!

Loctav wrote:

70% of the 1m is (combo / 10 + 1) * base_hit_values.
30% of the 1m is accuracy ^ 10.
So instead of 70% for combo we have 100% and combo's behaviour are the same as in actual score. So it's actual score scaled to 1million without accuracy.
For exemple we have a map with 200 combo, one player do 100 and 99 combo an other one fc.
What we have:
Actual score:
Player1: 636,060
Player2: 1,242,060
1.95 factor (P2/P1)

ScoreV2
Player1: 538,813
Player2: 1,000,000
1.86 factor

Same idea with 400 combo we have 1.98 factor vs 1.92 so same behaviour.

And since scoreV2 scale has fixed max score it's like bananas get huge bonus factor.
ScoreV1 bananas are more worth than scoreV2 bananas before max point are 3,142,857, after they are less worth.

Finally we can say scoreV2 = scoreV1 with scaled bananas.
Momota
[Nico]

Momota wrote:

hype?
Zak

CelegaS wrote:

Map scoring is based on a new metric, called Score V2, but unlike in osu! without the accuracy score portion.
Loctav said about scoreV2 in osu!

Loctav wrote:

70% of the 1m is (combo / 10 + 1) * base_hit_values.
30% of the 1m is accuracy ^ 10.
So instead of 70% for combo we have 100% and combo's behaviour are the same as in actual score. So it's actual score scaled to 1million without accuracy.
For exemple we have a map with 200 combo, one player do 100 and 99 combo an other one fc.
What we have:
Actual score:
Player1: 636,060
Player2: 1,242,060
1.95 factor (P2/P1)

ScoreV2
Player1: 538,813
Player2: 1,000,000
1.86 factor

Same idea with 400 combo we have 1.98 factor vs 1.92 so same behaviour.

And since scoreV2 scale has fixed max score it's like bananas get huge bonus factor.
ScoreV1 bananas are more worth than scoreV2 bananas before max point are 3,142,857, after they are less worth.

Finally we can say scoreV2 = scoreV1 with scaled bananas.
Wrong. Accuracy can count for up to 10% of your total score, meaning if you miss a lot of droplets and FC you will have trouble beating other FC's unless your spin is way better.
CelegaS

Zak wrote:

Wrong. Accuracy can count for up to 10% of your total score, meaning if you miss a lot of droplets and FC you will have trouble beating other FC's unless your spin is way better.
Staff fix cwc wiki plz
Slainv
Good luck to everyone, and may France win :3

Preparing myself for commentary!
Nitrous
CWC 2016 Hype!
Go Philippines!
Rurree
We always get auto loss, it's disappointing. :cry:
ztrot
I think we are just seeing a few food allergies :U lets hope the rest of the matches go smoothly fruit HYPE
Rurree
Good luck to Finland! Even if my support for my home country is unwavering, being someone who lived in Finland, my support goes out to them too.

Brazil will be tough.
Hirikoshi

Why so many walkovers? This is the most important tournament for all ctb players, its terrible seeing so many wbd's. No comment for this T.T
- Banana -

Hirikoshi wrote:

Why so many walkovers? This is the most important tournament for all ctb players, its terrible seeing so many wbd's. No comment for this T.T
Our best two players pulled out
I love my cat

- Banana - wrote:

Hirikoshi wrote:

Our best two players pulled out

I was wondering what happened to ya'll. Sorry to hear that happened :(
The Fire Tiger
So now that Peru is most likely out of this competition, I'd like to share my experience and hope that others looking at this thread in the future will be inspired to try out this tourney for themselves!

...or at least, that's what I would have done, had Peru not lost by default 2 matches. But whatever, I'd like to highlight something else.

See, I'm pretty antisocial and as such, I don't get along with most people as quickly as you guys. This also applies to my own team, and although I have given team captain to AleZer0 once my team was sorted out, he didn't do a good job of organizing the team. It's why we lost the last round by default: they thought the match was tomorrow. xd

Truth be told, I could have warned them had I done so as soon as the others finished their second match, but it never crossed my mind, so now we're stuck here. It seems kinda anticlimatic for me since I was looking to get royally funk-mastered by China but alas, that wasn't possible. That, however, was the least of my problems.

Sorry for having to call you out, but the dispute that followed once everyone left between me, AleZer0 and Loctav can be summarized as such:
-AleZer0 thinks he has control of the schedule (and apparently needs English lessons)
-Team Peru was planning this for a year and apparently I was considered an intrusion since I didn't give a shit about winning
-The staff has their head in the wrong places
-I apparently had no say in anything except for opinions

I'm at a neutral party now. Honestly, everyone and everything went wrong, and now that's irreversible. All I did was come here for the fun, why couldn't it stay that way? Isn't that what the tourney is supposed to be about in the end?

Look, I don't want anyone replying to this since I don't want to ignite yet another war about how much of a circlejerk the staff can be or any of that, but I want to say that the staff should be more flexible with contestants, and vice versa. Sure, it makes sense that just one person can't change the schedule, but I think that if every person in the tourney agrees to have their match postponed, it should be logical that we could move it to a (obvs reasonable) new time. I bet if AleZer0 had bribed talked to China's team captain to go later we would have been fine, had this implication been in place. Same goes for how one treats the staff: You can't just go offending every one of them, but it also doesn't hurt to try and understand their point of view as well.

And now, for those looking into joining a World Cup, some pointers:
* Being a team effort, all people should have a say on any decision the team makes. It's senseless to go around and sticking to a little group of friends, which is exactly what happened to Peru. I'll admit I may be a bit flawed here as I kinda reserved myself, but hey, I kinda expected everyone else to know the match was today.
* Please, please, PLEASE check your schedule for the entire month and the next before you even decide to sign up. Consequently, when you do have the times for your rounds, double-check them to make sure they're correct.
* Don't be startled or frigthened if you're Team Captain. It's literally just a label. Seriously.
* This one's not required, but if possible, have everyone meet at a single place for the tourney. Team Peru had this one right, as I could not attend to their reunions. Hey, at least they went down a team, right?
* For the love of whatever gods you worship, it's just a game. Sure, prize cash is now on the line, but is that really why you sign up? Looking at everything like a life or death competition isn't the best way to live, but apparently it's why I "shouldn't have signed up [for CWC] in the first place". Honestly, if you look here for fame, you're not gonna get it.
* And finally, rememeber that Nervous Breakdowns, both map-wise and personally, are normal. It's just our human reaction towards something as big as this, and with it being streamed to the world, your armpits may start to sweat. Don't worry though! Take deep breaths and have confidence in the maps you know you can pass.

Well, that'll be all for me. I'm hungry, tired and working on a beatmap, so I'll just disappear now.

Until another interesting topic, I guess!

--TFT
Topic Starter
Loctav
You signed up well knowing that we dont reschedule anything. especially not on group stage. You signed up well knowing that Group Stage happens on this weeked, months ahead. If we start taking requests for reschedule, everyone and their mothers want a reschedule and we can not plan anything properly. We went past this already years ago and we won't change our stance on that.
Rad
you really have problems with mothers (don't insult mine plz)
Rurree

Hirikoshi wrote:

Two of our players were mostly unavailable. The blame is on us tbh, we only had 3 members signed up, it sucks though, considering they were pretty skilled.

Hopefully me and the other Filipino newbies become skilled enough to participate in next year's CWC. :)
DeletedUser_500696
I agree with what you wrote about it being just a game, for many of us it's easier said than done though (especially when you look at twitch chat after a miss) :o. Also seen two camps when it comes to cwc captains so far, those that want to have the "best possible" team and chance at winning and those that are more relaxed with their picks. People don't seem to realize that having the best possible team has a completely different meaning in a group tourney setting than solo mode.
Deif
Mystery of the Group Stage mappool was resolved, related to Sedan Girl and Dirt Devil:

Topic Starter
Loctav
Wiki is updated!

finally groupstage done ;_;
Divine Cake
One question and one request

First i wonder if the tournament starts middle of may each year. Making it easier for me to know when to look for signups.

I would also like to point out that i missed the signup dates. This is nobody fault but my own. I was busy with schoolwork last week and as i have gathered that was the same week as signups. I would just like the signup possibility to be extended or that info of when signups will start is more readily available in game. I still you guys are doing great work :) just a bit sad that i missed the signups >.<
Rurree
It always starts at this time of the year, but registrations started weeks ago. Each world cups have like a month between them before you have the chance to sign up.

Announcements are always made so you shouldn't have too much of a problem signing up for next year as long as you actually take time to check the home page.
Zak

Divine Cake wrote:

First i wonder if the tournament starts middle of may each year. Making it easier for me to know when to look for signups.

I would also like to point out that i missed the signup dates. This is nobody fault but my own. I was busy with schoolwork last week and as i have gathered that was the same week as signups. I would just like the signup possibility to be extended or that info of when signups will start is more readily available in game. I still you guys are doing great work :) just a bit sad that i missed the signups >.<
Signups are usually over a month before the tournament starts, lasting I believe 3 or so weeks, with an announcement right on the front page as well as being shown on the main menu of the game, so it should be pretty hard to miss as long as you log in at least a couple times per week. Rurree was also correct, we usually have CWC around the same time every year, which is sadly inconvenient for me as it overlaps a week long trip to Florida that I have every year.
Divine Cake

Zak wrote:

Divine Cake wrote:

Signups are usually over a month before the tournament starts, lasting I believe 3 or so weeks, with an announcement right on the front page as well as being shown on the main menu of the game, so it should be pretty hard to miss as long as you log in at least a couple times per week. Rurree was also correct, we usually have CWC around the same time every year, which is sadly inconvenient for me as it overlaps a week long trip to Florida that I have every year.
Thank you Ruree and Zak. Might make it easier next year. I did not see the signup on the main page IG but might just have been me. However knowing that the tournament is held at the same time each year might counteract this problem next year.
Slainv
Congrats to all those whom won and a fruit sorbet for those whom have lost. You have given us awesome matches for the most part, and I am so happy to be commenting this tournament, with France winning and all this!
He Ang CTB

Slainv wrote:

I am so happy to be commenting this tournament, with France winning!
I hope Ttobas' computer explodes midway during Round of 16 D: And may the debris land on LeRenegat's head :O
JBHyperion

He Ang Erika wrote:

I hope Ttobas' computer explodes midway during Round of 16 D: And may the debris land on LeRenegat's head :O
Top-tier sportsmanship right there (^:
He Ang CTB

JBHyperion wrote:

He Ang Erika wrote:

Top-tier sportsmanship right there (^:
Team SG is Unseeded in that category LOL
autofanboy

He Ang Erika wrote:

T R I G G E R E D
farxhan
Have Done
show more