osu!catch World Cup 2016 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
JBHyperion
But do you have #Potential ? (^:

He Ang CTB

Loctav wrote:

only Germany missing! (someone should poke NoteKuroi, if he's alive lol)
The fates of your brothers are in your hands now, choose your destiny. (AKA rosters)
Kagari

JBHyperion wrote:

long live the queen
ZiRoX

JBHyperion wrote:

No Tom, no potential
GlyVyX
So I finally get locked out of CwC because everyone accuses me of being -Kuroha Neko- (literally an multiaccount) and there are no proofs of it.

I thought the rules were sth like this

There is NO rule that says that I'm getting locked out if I'm suspicious or because everyone thinks I'm an multiaccount.

If I would be really an multiaccount I would be banned but instead Im only locked out and not being banned... SO WHY am i not allowed to play in the cwc?? I'm not even banned I'm only "suspicious".

Why don't you admins at least follow some of your own rules just because I am suspicious doesn't mean I AM guilty. If Im guilty then ban me and dont lock me out of anything lol

Edit: lololol 1 post \o/
Riari

ZiRoX wrote:

JBHyperion wrote:

No Tom, no potential
kek
lineqtxz
gl to all

xd
DeletedUser_500696

JBHyperion wrote:

I am expecting great things. Good luck to everyone :)
Riari
Fun
autofanboy
Hype
_felix_
So, good luck everyone!
Topic Starter
Loctav
schedule and mappool is on the wiki. I will update the participants list with the groups later!
nya10

Loctav wrote:

schedule and mappool is on the wiki. I will update the participants list with the groups later!
Also when you'll look at the wiki, would you like to fix the flag picture on "Belgium"?
dsh
hf :P
o x
I'm excited to watch this year (: looks like some really fun matches are going to be played

I'm loving the map pool as well!
slimmecodo1
I have a question but idk if I should ask it here but ehh... yeah

So i'm playing on a mac, but i can't switch to stable (latest). It locks at stable (fallback). My question is, will I be able to play the tournament on stable (fallback)? The score V2 only works on stable (latest) if I'm right.

(Btw excited for the tournament :D GL everyone!)
Topic Starter
Loctav
I asked for that and I got told that you should use a PC, unless you can get the Alpha release for OSX working (check http://osx.ppy.sh/)

Stable Fallback does not support ScoreV2 and therefore can not be used during the tournament at any platform.
slimmecodo1

Loctav wrote:

I asked for that and I got told that you should use a PC, unless you can get the Alpha release for OSX working (check http://osx.ppy.sh/)

Stable Fallback does not support ScoreV2 and therefore can not be used during the tournament at any platform.
Okay i downloaded it and stable (latest) works. Problem is that it has a delay. Is there a way to keep the delay at a minimum?
JBHyperion
Some really interesting picks in the mappool this year - I follow the progress of quite a lot of unranked sets but was surprised to find several maps I was completely unaware of lol.

Rip all the nomod/HD players who signed up for the Convert World Cup though (^:
autofanboy

JBHyperion wrote:

:>
Pew_old_1
That's a really nice tiebreaker map

Tbh i thought go 4 it rain was gonna be the tiebreaker
DeletedUser_500696

JBHyperion wrote:

Some really interesting picks in the mappool this year - I follow the progress of quite a lot of unranked sets but was surprised to find several maps I was completely unaware of lol.

Rip me
JBHyperion

Pew wrote:

Damn map selectors crushing our dreams (^:
He Ang CTB

JBHyperion wrote:

Pew wrote:

Damn map selectors crushing our dreams (^:
I thought Augo was in DT pool. Stop crushing my dreams map selectors :x
Hirikoshi

JBHyperion wrote:

Rip Me
worst mappol ever ups
Deif

JBHyperion wrote:

It's surprising how many good Pending/Graveyarded CtB osu!catch beatmaps are there, and from so many different mappers/styles. And people thought CtB was dead! You can expect from year to year that the number of specific beatmaps will increase though.

He Ang Erika wrote:

I thought Augo was in DT pool. Stop crushing my dreams map selectors :x
Augo DT is even too easy for the Group Stage please :^)
Kingkevin30

Deif wrote:

JBHyperion wrote:

It's surprising how many good Pending/Graveyarded CtB osu!catch beatmaps are there, and from so many different mappers/styles. And people thought CtB was dead! You can expect from year to year that the number of specific beatmaps will increase though.
Thats rather discouraging for me ;w; i never took a liking to where Specifics where pushing the Map-Designs..
everything is either High AR Flow-Snap Hyperchain Maps, or tilted Streams....but welp, nobody can be satisfied ~
Bunnrei
where are the mbomb platters
autofanboy
i am waiting for piano11 for finals tiebreaker
CelegaS
Map scoring is based on a new metric, called Score V2, but unlike in osu! without the accuracy score portion.
Loctav said about scoreV2 in osu!

Loctav wrote:

70% of the 1m is (combo / 10 + 1) * base_hit_values.
30% of the 1m is accuracy ^ 10.
So instead of 70% for combo we have 100% and combo's behaviour are the same as in actual score. So it's actual score scaled to 1million without accuracy.
For exemple we have a map with 200 combo, one player do 100 and 99 combo an other one fc.
What we have:
Actual score:
Player1: 636,060
Player2: 1,242,060
1.95 factor (P2/P1)

ScoreV2
Player1: 538,813
Player2: 1,000,000
1.86 factor

Same idea with 400 combo we have 1.98 factor vs 1.92 so same behaviour.

And since scoreV2 scale has fixed max score it's like bananas get huge bonus factor.
ScoreV1 bananas are more worth than scoreV2 bananas before max point are 3,142,857, after they are less worth.

Finally we can say scoreV2 = scoreV1 with scaled bananas.
Momota
[Nico]

Momota wrote:

hype?
Zak

CelegaS wrote:

Map scoring is based on a new metric, called Score V2, but unlike in osu! without the accuracy score portion.
Loctav said about scoreV2 in osu!

Loctav wrote:

70% of the 1m is (combo / 10 + 1) * base_hit_values.
30% of the 1m is accuracy ^ 10.
So instead of 70% for combo we have 100% and combo's behaviour are the same as in actual score. So it's actual score scaled to 1million without accuracy.
For exemple we have a map with 200 combo, one player do 100 and 99 combo an other one fc.
What we have:
Actual score:
Player1: 636,060
Player2: 1,242,060
1.95 factor (P2/P1)

ScoreV2
Player1: 538,813
Player2: 1,000,000
1.86 factor

Same idea with 400 combo we have 1.98 factor vs 1.92 so same behaviour.

And since scoreV2 scale has fixed max score it's like bananas get huge bonus factor.
ScoreV1 bananas are more worth than scoreV2 bananas before max point are 3,142,857, after they are less worth.

Finally we can say scoreV2 = scoreV1 with scaled bananas.
Wrong. Accuracy can count for up to 10% of your total score, meaning if you miss a lot of droplets and FC you will have trouble beating other FC's unless your spin is way better.
CelegaS

Zak wrote:

Wrong. Accuracy can count for up to 10% of your total score, meaning if you miss a lot of droplets and FC you will have trouble beating other FC's unless your spin is way better.
Staff fix cwc wiki plz
Slainv
Good luck to everyone, and may France win :3

Preparing myself for commentary!
Nitrous
CWC 2016 Hype!
Go Philippines!
Rurree
We always get auto loss, it's disappointing. :cry:
ztrot
I think we are just seeing a few food allergies :U lets hope the rest of the matches go smoothly fruit HYPE
Rurree
Good luck to Finland! Even if my support for my home country is unwavering, being someone who lived in Finland, my support goes out to them too.

Brazil will be tough.
Hirikoshi

Why so many walkovers? This is the most important tournament for all ctb players, its terrible seeing so many wbd's. No comment for this T.T
show more