osu!catch World Cup 2016 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Syko
good luck!!
Zak

Riari wrote:

Quite a few people agreed with my suggestion last year. When picking a HR/DT map pool, people pick it to play HR or DT, NOT HD. I understand its fair game in the HD pool and freemod, but the advantage outside of those two just seems unfair.
Its allowed because there is no free mod pool because unlike standard everything that would be hard enough would be pointless to try with anything other than HD, and picking it on HR or DT can still be risky as you have a higher chance of misses, it wasn't unfair and was accepted rather well last year, so there is no reason to not allow it this year too.
[Eun]
Good luck all :3
Lobsterr

Rurree wrote:

PH hype!! >w<
dunno if there gonna join :/
Zoe

Riari wrote:

Quite a few people agreed with my suggestion last year. When picking a HR/DT map pool, people pick it to play HR or DT, NOT HD. I understand its fair game in the HD pool and freemod, but the advantage outside of those two just seems unfair.

And then everyone forgets about the HD only players that then wouldn't be able to play maps from the HR/DT pools.

Also, good luck to everyone entering.
Riari

Zoe wrote:

Riari wrote:

And then everyone forgets about the HD only players that then wouldn't be able to play maps from the HR/DT pools.

Also, good luck to everyone entering.
We should put HD in the nomod pool then too, I'm a HR only player so I also expect fair treatment.

It is also about the fact that it has a multiplier if you bothered to read my post.
Founntain
Good Luck everyone... Lets Catch Together some Bowling Balls :^)
o x

Zak wrote:

Well hey guess what? In both Standard and Taiko if you're the only player in the match to miss that more than likely means you lost that point, so why should it be any different here in a mode where high accuracy is such an easy thing to come by? Yes it's important to have accuracy decide some of the score but anything bigger than 10% is too much.
I want to put my two cents into this matter, sorry

I like how you brought up taiko into this. In finals week 1 when Hong Kong and South Korea were brought to a tiebreaker South Korea missed in the middle somewhere and Hong Kong took the lead, but nearing the end of the map Hong Kong missed a lot at the end where South Korea did not and they came back and won

The reason this works for taiko is because there is no 1,000,000 score cap. where in CTB if you were to have the same situation happen then Hong Kong would have won because they missed at the end which is not as heavily weighted than the middle is.

In mania the 1,000,000 score cap works because the mode is so heavily based on accuracy and based so little on combo than score from combo doesn't bother lots of people. Since there is a score cap i dont think that combo should not be the main deciding factor in score.

It does worry me a lot having this placed in tournaments when Score V2 is not even fully ready to use, what also worries me is that map selectors might pick easier maps to be played in CWC with harder middle sections and with that it doesn't showcase the skill some players have and it doesn't show what the level that professionals are playing at and that might discourage new players.

^this is all in my own opinion of course
Colin
I actually agree with this
Nwolf
actually it wouldn't have mattered in taiko if the score cap was 1000000, it's just that the higher combo of Hong Kong didn't do them any good because after 100 notes it doesn't matter anyway. Maybe have a cap in ctb where combo only gives a bonus until a certain point if you are so worried that missing in the middle will ruin the score too much
Zak
Also take into account in ScoreV2 if you miss a lot your score can actually decrease unlike normal scoring where you just stop getting points
o x
I thought score decrease only happened once you failed the map
Zak
Failing the map makes your score 0 unless you revive before it ends, but missing in ScoreV2 I believe makes your score decrease, so missing a lot should make the decrease rather noticeable.
Topic Starter
Loctav
More and more teams are spawning on the team listing. Please check out the wiki to find out more!

Keep in mind that not all teams and countries are on the listing yet.

https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/CWC_2016#Participants
He Ang CTB
Wow the line-up for this year's CWC is insane. Every country has their best players all ready to go. It's sure to be the most exciting tournament this year.
Riari

He Ang Erika wrote:

Wow the line-up for this year's CWC is insane. Every country has their best players all ready to go. It's sure to be the most exciting tournament this year.

Y-yeah...

Best players...
juankristal
I want to see how far can Argentina make it this year, they look really strong!
Ascendance
velperk :0
no exgon :0
ascendance not usa captain :0

interesting stuff this year boys
sweetbravery
GL ALL!!
Topic Starter
Loctav
only Germany missing! (someone should poke NoteKuroi, if he's alive lol)
The Fire Tiger
Well, guess I should pitch in now that my fate has been officially sealed.

I registered to this cup not expecting much because I barely knew any CTB players around my area (or anywhere, for that matter). I really wasn't hoping I'd get into the cup but if I did, I would only participate as a simple member that no one would pay attention to. After all, I've only been here 7 months and haven't even interacted with anyone here.

well shit went down and now im team captain for peru so :^)

srsly tho, good luck to everyone and I hope to have fun here :)
Rurree

The Fire Tiger wrote:

Well, guess I should pitch in now that my fate has been officially sealed.

I registered to this cup not expecting much because I barely knew any CTB players around my area (or anywhere, for that matter). I really wasn't hoping I'd get into the cup but if I did, I would only participate as a simple member that no one would pay attention to. After all, I've only been here 7 months and haven't even interacted with anyone here.

well shit went down and now im team captain for peru so :^)

srsly tho, good luck to everyone and I hope to have fun here :)
There are a lot of good Peruvian players! I bid your team good luck! (:
JBHyperion
But do you have #Potential ? (^:

He Ang CTB

Loctav wrote:

only Germany missing! (someone should poke NoteKuroi, if he's alive lol)
The fates of your brothers are in your hands now, choose your destiny. (AKA rosters)
Kagari

JBHyperion wrote:

long live the queen
ZiRoX

JBHyperion wrote:

No Tom, no potential
GlyVyX
So I finally get locked out of CwC because everyone accuses me of being -Kuroha Neko- (literally an multiaccount) and there are no proofs of it.

I thought the rules were sth like this

There is NO rule that says that I'm getting locked out if I'm suspicious or because everyone thinks I'm an multiaccount.

If I would be really an multiaccount I would be banned but instead Im only locked out and not being banned... SO WHY am i not allowed to play in the cwc?? I'm not even banned I'm only "suspicious".

Why don't you admins at least follow some of your own rules just because I am suspicious doesn't mean I AM guilty. If Im guilty then ban me and dont lock me out of anything lol

Edit: lololol 1 post \o/
Riari

ZiRoX wrote:

JBHyperion wrote:

No Tom, no potential
kek
lineqtxz
gl to all

xd
DeletedUser_500696

JBHyperion wrote:

I am expecting great things. Good luck to everyone :)
Riari
Fun
autofanboy
Hype
_felix_
So, good luck everyone!
Topic Starter
Loctav
schedule and mappool is on the wiki. I will update the participants list with the groups later!
nya10

Loctav wrote:

schedule and mappool is on the wiki. I will update the participants list with the groups later!
Also when you'll look at the wiki, would you like to fix the flag picture on "Belgium"?
dsh
hf :P
o x
I'm excited to watch this year (: looks like some really fun matches are going to be played

I'm loving the map pool as well!
slimmecodo1
I have a question but idk if I should ask it here but ehh... yeah

So i'm playing on a mac, but i can't switch to stable (latest). It locks at stable (fallback). My question is, will I be able to play the tournament on stable (fallback)? The score V2 only works on stable (latest) if I'm right.

(Btw excited for the tournament :D GL everyone!)
Topic Starter
Loctav
I asked for that and I got told that you should use a PC, unless you can get the Alpha release for OSX working (check http://osx.ppy.sh/)

Stable Fallback does not support ScoreV2 and therefore can not be used during the tournament at any platform.
slimmecodo1

Loctav wrote:

I asked for that and I got told that you should use a PC, unless you can get the Alpha release for OSX working (check http://osx.ppy.sh/)

Stable Fallback does not support ScoreV2 and therefore can not be used during the tournament at any platform.
Okay i downloaded it and stable (latest) works. Problem is that it has a delay. Is there a way to keep the delay at a minimum?
show more