forum

streaming finger positions?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sylveon
the problem I have with stream is that. no matter what I try (thus far) i cant get my index finger to actually register a tap after middle finger, when trying to stream with the lowest force possible (trying to practise using red keys and not using alot of pressure).

sure, if im allowed to hit the keys as hard as i want then i can stream 180-200 (not bursting these actually streaming then properly). but i want to get beyond this.

Trying to tap the keys lighter is a nightmare so far. I was wondering if anyone else had/has this issue and found a hand/finger position that allows both fingers to easily press down on the keys lightly and fast after one another. E.G i tried using letter 'h'and 'm' placing my middle finger on H and index on M to try to make it easier for my hand to move both fingers. maybe one finger is straight the other bent. etc. Do you all stream bent fingers or straight or one each? etc. anyone gone through this already and can help me out.

thanks.

( if i steam like i normally would (quite hard for reds) then i can easily get gfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfgfg. however now i try faster gfffffffffgffffgffffffffffffgfgfffgffgfgfgffgffgfgfffffffgfgfffffgfgfffff.

if I really tense my hand i can get the
fgfgfgfgfffffffffffffgfgfgfggffgfffgffgfgfgfgfgfgfgggfgfgfgfgfffffffgfgfggggfg (well that wasnt much better..)
but its very uncomfortable and i can only do it for sure times (less than a second)
which leads me to believe its not my fingers but the position they are in that causes this. am i wrong?
Manysi
so you are not able to alternate your fingers perfectly while streaming?
Topic Starter
Sylveon

Manysi wrote:

so you are not able to alternate your fingers perfectly while streaming?
i can if i press down hard but max bpm for that is 200. when i try to go less pressure on reds its like one finger presses down fully and the other only skims the key not even registering anything at all. its not that they both register but i just can alternate accurately. They are both going at the same speed but only one is pressing hard enough to register.
Endaris
That's why people tell people to learn streams on slow speed.
If the speed is slow but too fast to singletap you will naturally go too fast if you use force aka you have to stream lightly for good results(or at the very least exert very good control over how much force you're using)
Since I play index+ring I don't have any input on hand position though as mine is naturally balanced.
Xyrus_old_1

Sylveon wrote:

the problem I have with stream is that. no matter what I try (thus far) i cant get my index finger to actually register a tap after middle finger, when trying to stream with the lowest force possible (trying to practise using red keys and not using alot of pressure).

I was wondering if anyone else had/has this issue and found a hand/finger position that allows both fingers to easily press down on the keys lightly and fast after one another. E.G i tried using letter 'h'and 'm' placing my middle finger on H and index on M to try to make it easier for my hand to move both fingers. maybe one finger is straight the other bent. etc. Do you all stream bent fingers or straight or one each? etc. anyone gone through this already and can help me out.
Try tilting your keyboard clockwise so that your middle finger doesn't have to bend, then just use keys that are next to each other, e.g. ZX, QW, FG, etc. As for positioning your hand, that's personal preferance, just experiment with different hand positions each day until you find the one that suits you best.
Topic Starter
Sylveon

Xyrusd0t0 wrote:

Sylveon wrote:

I was wondering if anyone else had/has this issue and found a hand/finger position that allows both fingers to easily press down on the keys lightly and fast after one another. E.G i tried using letter 'h'and 'm' placing my middle finger on H and index on M to try to make it easier for my hand to move both fingers. maybe one finger is straight the other bent. etc. Do you all stream bent fingers or straight or one each? etc. anyone gone through this already and can help me out.
Try tilting your keyboard clockwise so that your middle finger doesn't have to bend, then just use keys that are next to each other, e.g. ZX, QW, FG, etc. As for positioning your hand, that's personal preferance, just experiment with different hand positions each day until you find the one that suits you best.
will try thanks.

also do people stream with ring and middle finger?
dung eater
i've got keyboard slightly turned clockwise ~5-10 degrees, also i keep a 2cm thing under the front of the kb so the front is tilted up ~10 degrees.

try to position your keyboard so that you are pressing keys directly in the direction they actuate. any force in any other direction is wasted
ithgyu
tapping the keys lightly is not something that makes you stream really fast. I bend a bit, almost claw like, i find it helps
Yuudachi-kun
I just tense my arm and relax my hand, man...
Topic Starter
Sylveon

Khelly wrote:

get off my posts khelly...... :>)
chainpullz

Sylveon wrote:

Khelly wrote:

get off my posts khelly...... :>)
I mean, do you want to be able to long stream 240+bpm? If so I'd listen to his advice. In this case at least it's consistent with what other speed streamers would recommend.
Topic Starter
Sylveon
im not trying to discount what hes saying. Hes just on alot of my posts and I wanted to let him know I realise, in a joky fun manner. It doesnt bother me, it just felt like something i should respond to ;P (what I said wasnt to be taking seriously)

I sometimes forget Americans can take things.. rather bluntly lol
Yuudachi-kun
That is literally all I've done to stream faster and longer. Everything else is just arm muscle exercise.
Topic Starter
Sylveon
i think the tilting your keyboard upwards could be a good idea. going to try it tomorrow
Endie-

Sylveon wrote:

i think the tilting your keyboard upwards could be a good idea. going to try it tomorrow
Tilt your keyboard in every way possible. Try everything out. Find a position that suits you, and don't use something weird because some "pro player" is.
P e r s o n a l p r e f e r e n c e
Florrow
try lifting your hand a bit and try streaming like that, just a bit above the keys, not too much.
of course it will be more consuming to keep u hand like that for minutes but just try the position and see what u get
i usually do this when i have fast bursts