forum

Modding v2: Modding Panel - Feedback Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
riffy
Resolved includes both denied and applied.
Kibbleru
this is gunna take some time to get used to xd
Mekki
Seems a bit confusing ,but it should be nice :3
Smokeman
So... 2000 words long mods wont be a thing anymore or will we be still allowed to drop walls of texts as mods aswell?
I like the coherent flow of an idividual text more than a timeline everyone can post on (mb im misunderstanding this?), since you can specificly aim to mod one aspect of a map at a time and not just throw everything you see on a timeline. OR just have a distinct style which needs to be done in text form :/
Imo small comments on a section don't allways cut it to bring one's point across either.

The different kind of tags you can put on your comments are awesome though. Now i dont need to use different colours to distinguish suggestions from problems (never did but i'd love to try it out).

It would be cool, if every mod could have its own timeline and you could toggle all of them together to see overlapping problems. Like this people will be able to see what has been mentioned or look at the comment and decide for himself if its a problem or worth changing.

Also: Is that header thing customaizable? It might cut the background in a wierd way, so maybe allow the submitter to change the position of the background so it looks cool :[
abraker
Posting for the sake of posting so replies end up in my inbox and I dont forget about this later in the day. I need to try this, it looks cool
ProfessionalBox
First thing I noticed that needs to be fixed is to allow mappers to tick the resolved box even after replying to a comment. Since I'm unable to currently edit my comments, there are multiple replies that do not have the resolved option selected, while they should have. Also I think it would be nice if the most upvoted mods would show on top of the page of the respective difficulty
Mindwaves
So... 2000 words long mods wont be a thing anymore or will we be still allowed to drop walls of texts as mods aswell?
Don't see the problem in having very long mods in this new format, and you can just scroll directly to the bottom if their to much of them.
ztrot
Already with the fact modders can now list what needs to be fixed and what is suggestion is leaps and bounds better than what we have been doing, aka color coding text, now things are much more clear for our mappers, I made a suggestion myself just now!
HappyRocket88
Really nice! Never thought this will be released so fast since the last time Ephemeral said something about it on #modhelp.

I just hope the BBCode buttons will be kept for this system too. As long as they make things friendlier to read and understand.
Kibbleru
i wish there can be more interfaces for long mod posts as well
abraker
Ok so one thing I find limiting is that since this is focused to be posts with short mod descriptions, it doesn't really allow me to deliver the full picture of what I am trying to mod. I think having a hierarchy for this would be nice. You have a mod - the post relating to the range of timing it applies to (should not be too big) along with a short description, and within that mod are the individual edits you want to apply. I had to be a bit creative to achieve what format I am aiming for here, take a look at the Liberation (4k Insane) diff. Also I am using keywords such as ADD and BRING, and I think native support for those keywords would present a nice format to display the edits in.

My first post looks too ugly to look at btw. Why even?
Kurokami
It looks really good and easy to use. I only wonder about that overlap here: http://kurokami.s-ul.eu/U3tP7oeJ on overcomplexification [Extreme]. Along with timestamps it could become unreadable. Or just my browser bugged a bit due to my internet. :C
Axarious
Hmm, I'm getting a "Failed Saving Post" message; will try posting later.
AncuL
this is a feature-asking request but can you probably have the creator a control to who can resolve / deny it?
edit: and probably make the "hidden comments" the default one because sometimes the comment is painful to be scrolled
Kurai
Great. Just one little thing bothering me:

Wouldn't be better if the diff name was on top and the gamemode name below?
We already now what game mode it is by looking at the icon, and it's easier to navigate looking directly at the diff names (also, they are hard to read because the font size is too small).
Anxient
lol modding v2 is alot more fun than i thought :L
Full Tablet

The "FontAwesome" font used for several symbols doesn't look good if you disable font anti-aliasing. Since the font is used for characters usually not present in a font, they can't be replaced with web safe fonts.
Anxient

Kurai wrote:

Great. Just one little thing bothering me:

Wouldn't be better if the diff name was on top and the gamemode name below?
We already now what game mode it is by looking at the icon, and it's easier to navigate looking directly at the diff names (also, they are hard to read because the font size is too small).
like this? lol

i think with the way the font is used Exo 2.0 SemiBold and Semi Light (?), i think the "1" and "y" would be too close to touching. but hey thats just me. well this would only apply yo Easy tho :L
Haruto

Anxient wrote:

lol modding v2 is alot more fun than i thought :L
Yup, i think the same too lol. As we can discuss the selected part one by one with each mappers/modders opinion.
peppy
I've written up all the feedback so far in github issues.

https://github.com/ppy/osu-web/mileston ... g%20System

Please either file issues yourself (if you have a github account and are willing) or post here with anything that hasn't been added yet.
JMC
[suggestion for user interface]
I prefer using tab (with more orderly of course) like old website
than use scroll list, it's make me tired to scroll
Sonnyc
Btw, is it only me who experience a broken web?
Liiraye

Liiraye wrote:

How will this affect irc modding? Will this be the only way of modding in the future?
still looking for an answer
peppy
this thread is not for such questions, but have an ansewr: yes
Deppyforce
peppy
not the thread for discussing of rewards. that will come in time.
LordRaika
err 1 more thing that still bugging me...

i cant change difficulty.... since the beginning of this new modding panel....

Notice the link above... 123760/discussion#:436586 (ive already click another diff, the link changed)
but its just staying at "lZenxl's Easy" difficulty...

im using Google Chrome.
it just wont load another difficulty's page or something.... any idea whats wrong with it?

Deppyforce wrote:

How about when those map got rank... everyone got kds....
dont know how much..... but +1 for each person is fair... and "extra" kds for those who mod moreeee
Anxient
raika to be fair kds really doesnt do anything other than show that you want this map ranked

looks at brain power
Secretpipe
nice
Flower
I don't know if this has been discussed, but whatever I need to emphasise this.

I strongly recommend to avoid using drop-down menu. This takes significant effort when switching between difficulties, especially that it has multiple modes, and it takes like 5 seconds each time finding a difficulty.

Make difficulties display flat on the board like current beatmap info page will be far more friendly. Like:

You can make buttons smaller, saving more space on the board. The idea will also make the most of the wasted white space of the right of the drop down-button.

Thanks for reading.
Mafumafu

Flower wrote:

I strongly recommend to avoid using drop-down menu. This takes significant effort when switching between difficulties, especially that it has multiple modes, and it takes like 5 seconds each time finding a difficulty.

Make difficulties display flat on the board like current beatmap info page will be far more friendly. Like:

You can make buttons smaller, saving more space on the board. The idea will also make the most of the wasted white space of the right of the drop down-button.

Thanks for reading.
Agree with that.
Underforest

Flower wrote:

Thanks for reading.
Same thing
iza-
(Not sure if this is the place for suggestions, but here's my first impression of this +suggestions)

It looks really clean and nice-looking! I especially like the praise capability.

In order to make the modding site a little less busy at first glance, it might be a good idea to automatically collapse all resolved threads (I know that there's a Pending button, but at first glance it's a lot). If another modder finds something at the same note, then s/he could open up that mod and figure out if the mod was already resolved.

Maybe instead, once the map is updated all of the accepted mods could go away completely as they do not need to be dealt with again (this could also reduce the clutter in the timeline as someone above posted something about).

This is purely aesthetic, but consider on the timeline to put general time frames (0:00, 1 min, 2 min, end time, etc) , because it seems a bit plain with only the lines on it and it would give a sense of where to click to find the place where a mod might be time wise (to check if one suggestion has been discussed or not). I would definitely not put timestamps on all mod lines.

I noticed that when collapsed, there is no way to make there not be shadow on at least one of the boxes, maybe if you click on the same box again it goes back to no shadow.

If something is collapsed and it is selected through the top bar, expand the box. Also, maybe make the sidebar icon also able to do that, but it might take away the functionality of the expand/collapse button... hm
Drafura
Is there a way (planned ?) to point many timepoints in a same post ? Like having the possibility to create an issue and attach a list of all timepoints where the problem occurs ? Or should we do this throught general ?

Also if you're going to beatmap general section why not go for gamemode general section too, so modders and the mapper can discuss about the gamemode spread there ?

I like the way you get an overall view on what's pending/denied?/resolved very neat idea. I also like the way one problem have one discution thread, search discution about one specific issue in a big ass thread is a real pain.

Good work so far.
peppy

Drafura wrote:

Is there a way (planned ?) to point many timepoints in a same post ? Like having the possibility to create an issue and attach a list of all timepoints where the problem occurs ? Or should we do this throught general ?

For the time being you'd either refer to the first point it happens and then point out the rest in brackets, or if it's a more serious issue you'd likely post at each point it happens.

Drafura wrote:

Also if you're going to beatmap general section why not go for gamemode general section too, so modders and the mapper can discuss about the gamemode spread there ?

Probably a bit too complicated to add so many general sections.
Drafura

peppy wrote:

Drafura wrote:

Probably a bit too complicated to add so many general sections.
From what I've seen an "easy" way to implement it would be to add a "Spread discution" difficulty for each game mode in the top combo box, this difficulty will have no timeline discution, only a general discution section.

"Easy" implying it's possible to add fake difficulties in the combo box, disable timeline for fake difficulties, adapt database scheme to store general discution of fake difficulties, other things... But i'm getting out topic here cause it's not a suggestion thread.
Axon
This actually looks really cool
Sonnyc

Sonnyc wrote:

Btw, is it only me who experience a broken web?
After the a new test panel being released, I still experience this issue. (Internet Explorer 11)

Besides, clicking the other difficulties does not allow me moving to another. It just stucks at "Extra". Couldn't try the lower diffs on modv2 this time.

Also I feel it to be awesome if "Praise/Suggestion/Problem" category is also visible in the mobile version. Hell yeah, none will apply mods by looking at their mobile device, but at least I frequently check mod replies through my phone. Providing additional information whether something is a problem, or a praise etc will help more imo.
Ambrew
Any thoughts on when this will be public?
Professor Gila
Although editing response is available, but shouldn't you add resolve mark when edit the response? just in case if the mapper forgot to mark the issue resolved, rather than do double or multiple response to mark as resolved
show more