forum

Pop-up / PM / Email when a newly ranked map is available

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +42
Topic Starter
GrilledCheeese
Currently the situation is me checking osu!direct every time whether or not there's a new ranked song is available.
I even followed the osugame twitter which supposedly tweets when a new map is officially ranked, but this twitter is slow and not realtime.
I wanna be right on top of the new map when it releases right away.
Therefore I suggest a pop-up / pm, maybe even an email saying there's a new ranked song. A method that is real time and immediate.
You can add options like which preferred mode you'd like to receive these messages from whether it's Taiko / CTB / Mania / Osu! or all of them.
This option would be disabled on a new account / new install and only used if specifically checked in the options / account options. (To reduce spam)
If you wanna make it really fancy you can even add options like BPM / Star difficulty

If there's already a better way to do so, or if you have suggestions on how to make this idea better, by all means let me know in a reply.

Thank you for reading
Pawsu
Subscribe to a mapper - t/30678
Ability to customize what we read@#announce - t/104939/start=0
Subscription Link on the User Panel (Forums) - t/211501
Any of these feel similar to your request?
Topic Starter
GrilledCheeese

Pawsu wrote:

Subscribe to a mapper - t/30678
Ability to customize what we read@#announce - t/104939/start=0
Subscription Link on the User Panel (Forums) - t/211501
Any of these feel similar to your request?
"Option allowing us to receive a notification whenever any map is ranked/approved. Message could be different if the ranked/approved map comes from some mapper we have already subscribed to, it should differentiate from any other "X map is now ranked!". Also, this would help us avoid duplicate message. (If I subscribe to X, and his map gets ranked, I'd be getting two different messages, one from the subscription and one from the general ranking thing)."
Quote from t/104939/start=0

This could be part of the solution, I tried putting "ranked" as a notification popup for newly ranked maps, but it just doesn't work the way i want it to.
Every time someone mentions the word "ranked" in any chat im a part of, i get a popup. It could be made much better and a lot of features added to it to actually make a difference in the competitive scene surrounding new ranked maps. Checking announce every few seconds isn't what I desire to do either.
Pawsu
I personally don't see the need to be emailed/notified when a map gets ranked, since we already have #announce, and it's pretty easy to go check to see if a map has been ranked. Did you take a read through t/30678/start=0, though? I feel like it's an overal better post.
Topic Starter
GrilledCheeese

Pawsu wrote:

I personally don't see the need to be emailed/notified when a map gets ranked, since we already have #announce, and it's pretty easy to go check to see if a map has been ranked. Did you take a read through t/30678/start=0, though? I feel like it's an overal better post.
Subscribing to every single mapper (every person that plays osu) seems an unreal practise to me, that's not what I'm looking for at all. Did you even read my feature request?
I want to be notified for every single new ranked beatmap via pop-up / pm or email. You may not like it, that's why the option should be turned off on new installs /new accounts. And people who want this feature can turn it on. Like myself.
Stefan
Do we talk about QUALIFYING or RANKING a map? Because that currently is a little problem since qualified beatmaps gets the attention, such as #announce notification or iirc the Twitter status on @osugame.
Bara-
Having a side list (like bookmarks, subscriptions etc.) for new maps is likely the best way to go for this
Topic Starter
GrilledCheeese

Stefan wrote:

Do we talk about QUALIFYING or RANKING a map? Because that currently is a little problem since qualified beatmaps gets the attention, such as #announce notification or iirc the Twitter status on @osugame.
When any map for any specifics you set gets RANKED, preferrably a notification right away.
I personally would like to receive one for every single map.