forum

Halsey - Colors (Nightcore Mix)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cookie
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, December 19, 2018 at 1:48:52 AM

Artist: Halsey
Title: Colors (Nightcore Mix)
Tags: Colors Halsey Blue Gray Grey Nightcore
BPM: 120
Filesize: 5590kb
Play Time: 01:09
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (0.98 stars, 35 notes)
  2. Hard (2.84 stars, 83 notes)
  3. Normal (1.81 stars, 69 notes)
  4. Overflowing Sink (4.24 stars, 163 notes)
Download: Halsey - Colors (Nightcore Mix)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
ONLY LOOKING FOR OVERFLOWING SINK MODS RIGHT NOW.

To-Do:

1) Fix My DIffs LUL
2) Mods (pls)
3) GDs (?)
4) Become a famoose mapper to get this ranked ;w;

Update 07/22/17 - Added Overflowing Sink 2.0. May possibly go for ranking.
Update 07/23/17 - Added Overflowing Sink 3.0 which is a mix of the two and some new parts. Still unsure about ranking. v3.0 is most likely final version. Easy/Normal/Hard are cancer and will be fully replaced.
Update 7/29/17 - Added Overflowing Sink 3.1. Working on 4.0 which will be almost an entire remap.
Update 11/24/17 - If I don't finish this by the end of January, it probably will not ever be finished (unless over summer)
Update 12/19/18 - Updated Overflowing Sink. Might go for ranked :)
fastmarkus
Hello! Lately I've been listening a lot of Halsey! She's pretty talented and it's nice to see a song by her over here (even a Nightcore version xD) :D

I played all diffs for a while (NF the last one, since I'm a noob - the sliders are pretty AF and the diff isn't as hard as other 4.2 stars songs, so it feels good) and two little things got my attention:

1) The timers on the 2 easier diffs are pretty outdated I feel.. Don't know if they're necessary;

2) The CS and AR on the Easy and Normal diffs are too big for me, it felt more comfortable to play those with 3 and 3, respectively for the Easy diff and 4 and 5 for the Normal diff;

I don't feel comfortable enough to talk anything about the third diff other than the hitsounds are very distractive and I dislike them.

I feel like you mapped them differently, and that gives a nice feel to it, really enjoyed them and hopefully someone more experienced than me can help you more, if it's necessary. Good job :)
Topic Starter
Cookie

fastmarkus wrote:

Hello! Lately I've been listening a lot of Halsey! She's pretty talented and it's nice to see a song by her over here (even a Nightcore version xD) :D

I played all diffs for a while (NF the last one, since I'm a noob - the sliders are pretty AF and the diff isn't as hard as other 4.2 stars songs, so it feels good) and two little things got my attention:

1) The timers on the 2 easier diffs are pretty outdated I feel.. Don't know if they're necessary;

2) The CS and AR on the Easy and Normal diffs are too big for me, it felt more comfortable to play those with 3 and 3, respectively for the Easy diff and 4 and 5 for the Normal diff;

I don't feel comfortable enough to talk anything about the third diff other than the hitsounds are very distractive and I dislike them.

I feel like you mapped them differently, and that gives a nice feel to it, really enjoyed them and hopefully someone more experienced than me can help you more, if it's necessary. Good job :)
Thank you for the feedback on the easier diffs. It's too easy for me so i can't tell what is good and what isn't so that was very helpful - I'll update them in a few hours. I'll most likely end up changing AR and CS like you suggested and maybe move the notes around a little since they're a little too calculated. The easy diff was my first ever beatmap so I know it's pretty garbage. Also can you clarify what you mean by timers? I may be stupid but I don't know what you mean.

Anyways, thank you for the feedback. I'll be sure to soften the hit sounds in some of the diffs and change them because in my skin they aren't too distracting but they probably are really annoying in others. I'm glad you like it.

PS: I'm happy you like the sliders :D
fastmarkus

Cookie wrote:

fastmarkus wrote:

Thank you for the feedback on the easier diffs. It's too easy for me so i can't tell what is good and what isn't so that was very helpful - I'll update them in a few hours. I'll most likely end up changing AR and CS like you suggested and maybe move the notes around a little since they're a little too calculated. The easy diff was my first ever beatmap so I know it's pretty garbage. Also can you clarify what you mean by timers? I may be stupid but I don't know what you mean.

Anyways, thank you for the feedback. I'll be sure to soften the hit sounds in some of the diffs and change them because in my skin they aren't too distracting but they probably are really annoying in others. I'm glad you like it.

PS: I'm happy you like the sliders :D

With timers I meant the countdown, I'm sorry. The AR and CS changes will be gladly appreciated, although on a more personal note, I'd make them even smaller/faster, but I believe they will be alright with the numbers I mentioned before for those diffs.

I'd like to remind you that it's the first time I'm testing maps (new mapper aswell), but I've put as much effort as possible on it. So you can take my comments as you wish ^^

Whenever you make changes, make sure to notify me and I'll gladly put more time into it. Have fun and good luck!
fastmarkus
Hello! The maps feel better already (played the new diff aswell, it feels the best one for me - still can't pass the last diff zzzzzzz), but I've got some notes:

Easy: The spinner (00:34:424) should be smaller - there should be a note on 00:37:174, not the end of the spinner. The spinner should end exactly one second before, at 00:36:174 and start at 00:34:674 and not 00:34:424 (I think they're too close for an Easy song).
The same thing for the second spinner at 00:51:430 for me, but I'd remove it and I'd make the slider return, then it'd be right on the hitsound at 00:52:680.. Just to not repeat the same pattern (although that's not too bad for an Easy diff).

General: I noticed you tried to match the hitchsounds with the end of the spinner - although it's cool, I'd rather have a note on them and make the spinners start a little bit later. The diff is pretty much spot on with the rest for me.

-----------------------------------------------

Medium: I wouldn't change anything here - I feel the map is pretty cool as it is;

-----------------------------------------------

Hard: For me, it's the best diff out of the map, you really hit the nail here. A suggestion I'd give is to remove the 00:56:680 and incorporate it to the slider prior, the timing is perfect for that and it would be a nice jump - or you could just move it to the end of the slider, right under the end of it, like doubles or triples, which would be nice too.
I'd stack the following notes: 00:57:180 with 00:57:420, 00:57:930 with 00:58:180 and 00:58:680 with 00:58:930 - it looks and plays better, in my opinion.

------------------------------------------------

Overflowing Sink: As I said before, I'd rather not talk about it

--------------------------------------------

Another thing: since you named one difficulty, I reccomend you to name all of them! Just use something from the song itself, like you already did with "Overflowing Sink".

Other than those tips, I believe I did as much as I could and I really enjoyed playing your maps. Hopefully someone can help you with the last diff and you get it qualified/ranked! Good luck!
O0alonexX
please make it so it plays the full song >:( >:( >:( >:(
jeongyeoonie
Is there a Colors song of Halsey that isn't unranked and nightcore? But this remix was really nice. Keep up the great work dude! :) :)
Topic Starter
Cookie

Aioshi wrote:

Is there a Colors song of Halsey that isn't unranked and nightcore? But this remix was really nice. Keep up the great work dude! :) :)
There are no ranked Halsey maps, mainly due to them being so slow. One of the only reasons I chose nightcore was so that it would be faster.
jeongyeoonie

Cookie wrote:

There are no ranked Halsey maps, mainly due to them being so slow. One of the only reasons I chose nightcore was so that it would be faster.
Oh I see, (woops sorry for super late reply) thanks for the reply anyways and hope you do more beatmaps! :lol:
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.