forum

"Reload Skin" Button

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +251
Topic Starter
NoFailHR
Small button important to skinners, someone who's testing skins should have a designated spot or something related to testing skins. Getting a little tired of constantly opening folders, and looking through color picker for perfect colors and finding the right stuff to eventually have to search through a tall list of skins I created. I'm a person of efficiency and a button like this would make more sense for skinners.
Kathex
thats will be great!
Supairo
There's already a Reload Skin command. Just press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S on any menu or on a replay to reload the skin. Using this command while playing will queue the reload.
Kathex

koopa712 wrote:

There's already a Reload Skin command. Just press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S on any menu or on a replay to reload the skin. Using this command while playing will queue the reload.
WE WANT A BUTTON!

Pawsu
No. There is already a command for this. We don't need a button.
Topic Starter
NoFailHR

koopa712 wrote:

Pawsu wrote:

>implying awkwardly pressing four keys is better than clicking a simple button that says "reload skin"
What are you guys on? This reload command is really stupid.
abraker

koopa712 wrote:

I request that to be bindable to another key combo
Rilene

koopa712 wrote:

Pawsu wrote:

I never knew that command until now and why not have a button? It would be lot more convenient.
Bauxe
The reload command isn't in any way awkward to press. 4 buttons all very close together. I don't really see the need for a button honestly.
MyAngelNanahira
I don't see why we need a button for that... is it really too hard to remember a 4 key combination?
Kathex

OneStay wrote:

I don't see why we need a button for that... is it really too hard to remember a 4 key combination?
yes
Niick Akira
great..
Adder

Abronymous wrote:

koopa712 wrote:

Pawsu wrote:

>implying awkwardly pressing four keys is better than clicking a simple button that says "reload skin"
What are you guys on? This reload command is really stupid.
Pressing 4 keys is easier
Seto Kousuke
after doing it 3-4 times you get used to and make that 4 keys command in a really automated way...way faster than searching for some buttons lols
Bara-
If you are on the song select menu, you think it's better to open the options first, scroll down a lot (or type "reload") and click it?
Ctrl Shift Alt S is better (though it always adds a paragraphe symbol)
Pawsu
I just can't wrap it around my head why we would need another way to refresh skins when there's already an existing feature. Use ctrl + shift + alt + s. It's really not that hard.
LastExceed
No button please, the command is enough
Bara-

abraker wrote:

koopa712 wrote:

I request that to be bindable to another key combo
This'd be better imo
Rilene

Pawsu wrote:

I just can't wrap it around my head why we would need another way to refresh skins when there's already an existing feature. Use ctrl + shift + alt + s. It's really not that hard.
But do you ever know that there are some people who don't even know this command, I always turn osu! off and on everytime I tried to reload a skin.
crystalsuicune
Wait,hold the damn phone.

You're telling me there's a command for reloading the skin all along and I've never heard of it until now?!!
What?!

But yeah seriously this shit has to be in the skinning tutorial thread OP or at least somewhere in that forum.

(also make it possible to change the key sequence please)
Pawsu

Rilene wrote:

Pawsu wrote:

But do you ever know that there are some people who don't even know this command, I always turn osu! off and on everytime I tried to reload a skin.
This is definitely a problem, yeah. I'll try to ask around to add it to the Skinning Tutorial to gain some popularity.
Adder
It is right there on the wiki
-hx
Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S Isn't hard to remember at all. It's literally all the modifiers and S for skin. There's nothing more to it. A button would just make the interface more cluttered and complicated. Ctrl Alt Shift S reloads your skin instantly. It's way easier. Just learn to use that.

to people saying people don't know how to do it,

1. it's in the wiki.

2. When I was skinning, it took me about 2 minutes of googling to find out about this feature.

Stop being childish and just deal with it. You don't need a button.
abraker
I just use ctrl+o to open options menu and reload the skin that way