forum

[confirmed] Long notes don't appear osu!mania in compatibility mode GMA

posted
Total Posts
show more
VeilStar
Seems to only happen on Intel GMA graphics. I'll confirm this and drop this by the dev channel in a bit. Thanks for the info!
For now you'll have to wait for a fix and potentially be asked for more information and testing.
Topic Starter
Xenoblade
Any update on this? I'd expect this to be of high priority, as it does makes osu!mania unplayable.
VeilStar
I don't have an update on this.

Can your run osu! without compatibility mode? If so, why are you using compatibility mode? If not, poke a dev in the #cuttingedge channel on slack.
Topic Starter
Xenoblade
I can run osu! without compatibility mode, but the screen goes white when shaders render and the screen goes black in full screen if another window gains focus. And also, my inputs seem a bit more responsive in compatibility mode, especially on my low end computer.
Topic Starter
Xenoblade
Any further word on this?
Topic Starter
Xenoblade
Still not fixed in b20160422.1cuttingedge... I play in compatibility mode because I get a weird input lag when I play Standard, so a fix for this would be greatly appreciated so I can play osu!mania.
farsdewibs0n
I tried it in my GMA 3600 and it works fine (with little lag 20-60 fps) and the compability mode also works the same way
Topic Starter
Xenoblade

farsdewibs0n wrote:

I tried it in my GMA 3600 and it works fine (with little lag 20-60 fps) and the compability mode also works the same way
That's because you don't have MY computer. Nothing works right on it...
farsdewibs0n

Fayne Aldan wrote:

That's because you don't have MY computer. Nothing works right on it...
What is your computer spec?
have you tried changing skins?
Topic Starter
Xenoblade

farsdewibs0n wrote:

What is your computer spec?

I don't have access to the PC RN, so I can't give detailed specs, but I know it has Celeron. Personally, I blame Windows 10. After upgrading, it couldn't use my graphics drivers and went to generic drivers with the fallback OpenGL 1.1 implementation, making me use Fallback osu!. However, I got the "updated" (old drivers for Win7) drivers from Acer's website, which allows me to play osu! latest.
EDIT: I know I have an Acer Aspire 5336, but everytime I've tried looking up information on it, the information I find is incorrect. What I find online is that it should be dual-core, but my computer is single-core and only has 3 GB of RAM.

farsdewibs0n wrote:

have you tried changing skins?

Some skins, such as Yugen and Hexarcle, do fix the problem, but I don't want to have to use a skin because I really like the default skin.
farsdewibs0n

Fayne Aldan wrote:

I don't have access to the PC RN, so I can't give detailed specs, but I know it has Celeron. Personally, I blame Windows 10. After upgrading, it couldn't use my graphics drivers and went to generic drivers with the fallback OpenGL 1.1 implementation, making me use Fallback osu!. However, I got the "updated" (old drivers for Win7) drivers from Acer's website, which allows me to play osu! latest.
EDIT: I know I have an Acer Aspire 5336, but everytime I've tried looking up information on it, the information I find is incorrect. What I find online is that it should be dual-core, but my computer is single-core and only has 3 GB of RAM.
PC RN???

So, your laptop is currently on windows 7 or 10??

My Potato is way worse thany yours (with intel atom, INtel GMA 3600 and 1GB DDR2 RAM)
Topic Starter
Xenoblade

farsdewibs0n wrote:

Fayne Aldan wrote:

PC RN???

My Potato is way worse thany yours (with intel atom, INtel GMA 3600 and 1GB DDR2 RAM)
Windows 10 right now.
farsdewibs0n

Fayne Aldan wrote:

farsdewibs0n wrote:

PC RN???

Windows 10 right now.
what version of GMA do you have

If you're using GMA 3600, I suggest u read this first
https://communities.intel.com/thread/77701?tstart=0
Topic Starter
Xenoblade

farsdewibs0n wrote:

How do I check which version of GMA I have?
farsdewibs0n

Fayne Aldan wrote:

farsdewibs0n wrote:

How do I check which version of GMA I have?
[Start Button]+R and check in the display tab
Topic Starter
Xenoblade

farsdewibs0n wrote:

Last I checked, Win+R opens the run dialog...
farsdewibs0n

Fayne Aldan wrote:

farsdewibs0n wrote:

Last I checked, Win+R opens the run dialog...
Oh, shit I forgot...

When you open run dialog type 'dxdiag" and press enter, THEN check the display tab
purplehaze
https://www.dropbox.com/s/or9dxb65y1b9e ... e.log?dl=0
i have the same issue
here is my runtime log
TheVileOne
The Skin.ini has multiple ways of displaying the slider texture. You say that some skins show sliders. If you change the NoteBodyStyle property in the skin.ini, you may be able to workaround this issue. You can have a skin.ini in the User folder in your Skins directory and those settings will be applied to the default skin when you have the skin set to User.

https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skin.ini#.5BMania.5D
kiyoemon
The same problem happens to me.
I deal with it by setting the skin version to 2.4. It makes the hit lighting smaller, but the long notes reappear.

runtime.log
31.5.2016. 21:19:18: GL Initialized
31.5.2016. 21:19:18: GL Version: 2.0.0 - Build 8.14.10.1930
31.5.2016. 21:19:18: GL Renderer: Intel 965/963 Graphics Media Accelerator
31.5.2016. 21:19:18: GL Shader Language version: 1.10 - Intel Build 8.14.10.1930
31.5.2016. 21:19:18: GL Vendor: Intel
31.5.2016. 21:19:18: GL Extensions: GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_ARB_multitexture GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_NV_blend_square GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_WIN_swap_hint GL_EXT_framebuffer_object
31.5.2016. 21:19:18: GL Context: Index: 4, Color: 32 (8888), Depth: 16, Stencil: 0, Samples: 0, Accum: 64 (16161616), Buffers: 2, Stereo: False
Topic Starter
Xenoblade

kiyoemon wrote:

The same problem happens to me.
I deal with it by setting the skin version to 2.4. It makes the hit lighting smaller, but the long notes reappear.

runtime.log
31.5.2016. 21:19:18: GL Initialized
31.5.2016. 21:19:18: GL Version: 2.0.0 - Build 8.14.10.1930
31.5.2016. 21:19:18: GL Renderer: Intel 965/963 Graphics Media Accelerator
31.5.2016. 21:19:18: GL Shader Language version: 1.10 - Intel Build 8.14.10.1930
31.5.2016. 21:19:18: GL Vendor: Intel
31.5.2016. 21:19:18: GL Extensions: GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_texture3D GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_ARB_multitexture GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_NV_blend_square GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1 GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_WIN_swap_hint GL_EXT_framebuffer_object
31.5.2016. 21:19:18: GL Context: Index: 4, Color: 32 (8888), Depth: 16, Stencil: 0, Samples: 0, Accum: 64 (16161616), Buffers: 2, Stereo: False
Um, how did Vile have your runtime.log?
VeilStar

Fayne Aldan wrote:

I assume you meant me and not TheVileOne. I got his log after asking for it at the #help channel as he was (is) having this issue. It looks like he also happened to have this issue and posted in this thread so I figured I might as well add his runtime log when I saw his post here.
Topic Starter
Xenoblade

VeilStar wrote:

Fayne Aldan wrote:

I assume you meant me and not TheVileOne.
I blame auto correct. ._.
iyw
is there any update for this issue.

I also encounter with this. :( :(

And unfortunately, my laptop can only run osu in compatibility mode.

It's really unplayable now. :( :( :( :(

Edit

For now, I can play it through Fuwa candy skin. So, it is not unplayable anymore :) :) :) :)
However, if possible, i much more prefer osu default skin.
Topic Starter
Xenoblade
I actually can't help diagnose this issue anymore since I no longer have old laptop. Howeve, for a workaround, some skins don't have this problem.
iyw

Xenoblade wrote:

I actually can't help diagnose this issue anymore since I no longer have old laptop. Howeve, for a workaround, some skins don't have this problem.
You're right

Now I get the skin that funtion.
Thank you :) :) :)
Jesper
maybe your gpu drivers glitching out.
Dntm8kmeeatu
As TheVileOne said above there are multiple ways a skin can display the slider texture. Most likely the skins that work just so happen to have the setting that works.
bashiru
Can someone please tell me how to fix the problem?
Dntm8kmeeatu

bashiru wrote:

Can someone please tell me how to fix the problem?

Read

TheVileOne wrote:

The Skin.ini has multiple ways of displaying the slider texture. You say that some skins show sliders. If you change the NoteBodyStyle property in the skin.ini, you may be able to workaround this issue. You can have a skin.ini in the User folder in your Skins directory and those settings will be applied to the default skin when you have the skin set to User.

https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skin.ini#.5BMania.5D

If this doesn't help, you'll have to wait, likely for the lazer client.