forum

Having problems using a tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DanieI
Hey guys, a few days ago I purchased a tablet. I got the wacom intuos photo. The reason I switched to tablet is because I had a very hard time adapting to high sensitivity with a mouse and I kept running out of space on my desk if I played a song longer than TV sized animu stuff (there are a few exceptions, some long songs had perfect break times allowing me to reposition my mouse). The tablet has been nice so far. I'm still a bit shaky, especially when I'm not warmed up and I keep breaking sliders every now and then but the bigger problem is that my accuracy is very bad on the left side of the screen, specifically bottom left. Has anyone else experienced this? Got any tips?
PS: Here's my tablet area just in case it helps https://gyazo.com/633c2172c30d0d07d1e47cc75e1ce696
PPS: I am left handed
DeletedUser_7520443
This probably belongs in the gameplay and rankings forum https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/7
Flabby-chan
oNano for your tablet are you hovering or are you dragging along the tablet area?
Topic Starter
DanieI

QuillGill wrote:

This probably belongs in the gameplay and rankings forum https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/7

Sorry I don't use the forums really often :C
Topic Starter
DanieI

Fab_Osu_Potato wrote:

oNano for your tablet are you hovering or are you dragging along the tablet area?

I hover. I might try dragging once I can get my tablet area small enough
Mahogany

oNano wrote:

I had a very hard time adapting to high sensitivity with a mouse
Well your first problem is the fact that you're switching to high sens. Low sens is better.

oNano wrote:

I kept running out of space on my desk
I don't have anything to add to this, but it's called "Mouse drift" and changing your aiming style can help make it a bit better :p

As for your main problems, I assure you they're all teething problems. You're using an entirely unfamiliar aiming apparatus, and you just need time to adjust and build muscle memory.

I think your tablet area is alright...but...is that a SQUARE? I'd advise you use force proportions D:

I'd say you shouldn't really decrease your tablet area much further. I think it's fine as it is, with room to grow, even.

Also, yeah, this would probably be more appropriate in the Gameplay+Ranking subforum.
Topic Starter
DanieI

Mahogany wrote:

oNano wrote:

I had a very hard time adapting to high sensitivity with a mouse

Well your first problem is the fact that you're switching to high sens. Low sens is better.

oNano wrote:

I kept running out of space on my desk

I don't have anything to add to this, but it's called "Mouse drift" and changing your aiming style can help make it a bit better :p
As for your main problems, I assure you they're all teething problems. You're using an entirely unfamiliar aiming apparatus, and you just need time to adjust and build muscle memory.
I think your tablet area is alright...but...is that a SQUARE? I'd advise you use force proportions D:
I'd say you shouldn't really decrease your tablet area much further. I think it's fine as it is, with room to grow, even.
Also, yeah, this would probably be more appropriate in the Gameplay+Ranking subforum.

Yeah I guess this is definitely something new for me, I'll get used to it eventually. I can't play with forced proportions for some reason