forum

Suddenly cannot jump

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bozzeh
Problem Details:
Hi, lately i have been really bad at jumping on osu, since i changed from a tv screen to a monitor to be exact (3 or so weeks ago). Since the change i have been able to connect properly in streams, for example Cold Green Eyes - Divine 5.13 https://osu.ppy.sh/s/371128, i useto be able to clear this map with ease every attempt, with 95.12% being my best one, now days i would try maps like this and similar and cant even complete, i personally think im clicking to fast and cant read the approach circles but idk, if anybody has tips on what i can do to improve i suppose, please drop below or pm.

osu! version: 20160408.5 (latest)
Rivals_7
You just have to adapted with your monitor first and set your mouse/pen sensitivity until you feel satisfied.
Pretty sure your skill will be back really soon. c:

that's the least i can tell tho
Cinia Arctica
Im sure it takes time to adjust but try and change ur universal offset too maybe improve your acc. You just gotta get used to it. Also what hz is your monitor. You might be messing up if your monitor is 144 hz bcuz 144hz hurts my head and detrimentally reduces my acc. Try switching to 60hz
Topic Starter
Bozzeh
I was already on 59hz
VeilStar
If you're unsure why you're missing jumps you can try to record your replay and watch it back frame-by-frame to see what you're doing wrong. Alternatively the Cutting Edge release stream has a 'super slow motion' feature during replays which you can activate by pressing the 5 key on your keyboard (not the numpad one).

Moved this to Gameplay & Rankings.
Topic Starter
Bozzeh
Could it also be the case that im doing quite alot of DT? Because im quite easily able to read dt and dthr.
Yuudachi-kun
If you're DTing hards, stop that.
Topic Starter
Bozzeh
I am dting quite abit yeah, although throughout the day im only playing nomod's, if i struggle i get bored and frustrated, thats when i play dt and when i rank like i did tonight, go a new top play and took me below 50k, i continue to play it rofl
Yuudachi-kun
Stop playing DT for rank until that DT is about 5.5* or the nomods are around 4.00* and you can fc them. Go back to playing harder nomods at whatever the level of nomods you can fc or continue to not develop any sort of aim or complex pattern reading abilities. That is my advice.

For the record I moved to DT when I had ~4400pp and my top nomods were about 200-220pp/and I was fcing between 5.3-5.9* depending on the nomod map. The DT maps were around 5.4-5.6* after DT and roughly around 4.00* nomod.

This map was around the level of a 140pp fc for me when I fc'd it:

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/227772

Compare it to your hards + DT

Here's another one of my 140's pp plays from a year and 2 months ago https://osu.ppy.sh/b/192508 I got 144pp from this

Do you see the aim difference requirements?
sayonara_sekai
i couldnt FC 4 star AR9 maps at rank 10k because of playing 99% DT, good luck if u choose to continue

the games a lot more fun when you have to work for your PP, feels like you accomplished something and improved yourself. I could probably shit out 140+pp scores if I chose to use DT, 140pp nomod is at least 5x as hard as DT.

and btw you not being able to jump is because of DT 100%, the same thing happened to me and it wont get any better until you go back to AR8 and build your reading back up.
Yuudachi-kun

sayonara_sekai wrote:

i couldnt FC 4 star AR9 maps at rank 10k because of playing 99% DT, good luck if u choose to continue

the games a lot more fun when you have to work for your PP, feels like you accomplished something and improved yourself. I could probably shit out 140+pp scores if I chose to use DT, 140pp nomod is at least 5x as hard as DT.
I hope you mean to say 140pp DT
sayonara_sekai
? thats what i said. 140pp with DT is a joke and a real ball buster with nomod.
Yuudachi-kun

sayonara_sekai wrote:

140pp nomod is at least 5x as hard as DT.
This doesn't mean what you thought it means. DT is hard if you're actually playing insanes with DT and it's at least above 230 bpm. Hards with DT aren't fucking worthwhile at all and I wish people stopped doing that.
sayonara_sekai
what? AR8 hards are 140pp territory and are incredibly easy compared to SSing a 4.6-4.7 star OD8 map
Yuudachi-kun

sayonara_sekai wrote:

what? AR8 hards are 140pp territory and are incredibly easy compared to SSing a 4.6-4.7 star OD8 map
140pp nomod is at least 5x as hard as DT = 140pp nomod is at least 5x as hard as ALL dt. Do you not understand what you say?
Xeiiryuu

Khelly wrote:

sayonara_sekai wrote:

140pp nomod is at least 5x as hard as DT = 140pp nomod is at least 5x as hard as ALL dt. Do you not understand what you say?
I think what he wants to say is.
Its easier to get a "X" pp score with ar8+DT. than playing a no mod map that would give the same amount of pp.

for example:
Babs seed + HDDT SS = 200
Eien Friends + HD 100x2 = 200.

Eien Friends + HD is harder for me at least.
sayonara_sekai
yes 140pp with nomod is 5x harder than 140pp with dt. obviously assuming that he isnt playing some ridiculous CS5 mistimed 2009 maps with DT, which he isnt.

of course I know playing 4+ star maps with DT is fucking hard hurr. But thats way above 140pp territory.
Xeiiryuu

sayonara_sekai wrote:

yes 140pp with nomod is 5x harder than 140pp with dt. obviously assuming that he isnt playing some ridiculous CS5 mistimed 2009 maps with DT, which he isnt.

of course I know playing 4+ star maps with DT is fucking hard hurr. But thats way above 140pp territory.
5x is a little bit exaggerated though.. let's settle with about 2x or 3x harder.
Yuudachi-kun
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/4738 This is a great non mistimed 2009 DT map.
Xeiiryuu

Khelly wrote:

did you know more maps like that? I basically looking for ar8/od8 to od10 old maps with a good mapping.
Yuudachi-kun

Xeiiryuu wrote:

Khelly wrote:

did you know more maps like that? I basically looking for ar8/od8 to od10 old maps with a good mapping.
I have lots of old maps, but they're from a time where ar = od and they're all ar 6 to 8 thus od 6 to 8.
Yolshka
Interesting, a lot of the discussions recently have led to discussing DT.Although here op mentioned it.
dt on hard 2-5 times easier though? :?
Seems quite extreme.

Btw I don't think it's that bad that you are not able to play a map exactly like you used to, i don't think i can.
But i can see why you are not happy about it.

Anyway, good luck.
DeathHydra

ShadyAngel wrote:

If you have the speed then yes, it is way easier if you compare it to nomod with same star rating.
Yuudachi-kun

DeathAdderz wrote:

ShadyAngel wrote:

If you have the speed then yes, it is way easier if you compare it to nomod with same star rating.
Ive seen some 6.2*+ nomods easier than lower star dt I obviously have the speed for
DeathHydra

Khelly wrote:

Ive seen some 6.2*+ nomods easier than lower star dt I obviously have the speed for
Hard diffs + DT doesn't reach 6.2*

He did say it's DT on hard diffs, which is usually around 5*

Edit : I might need to say most of the time, because I don't play much DT so I don't know much
keep playing jump maps
Yuudachi-kun
Oh yeah on hard they're basically going to be that way all until 5.5* and it doesn't distinguish itself until nearly 6.00
Railey2

Khelly wrote:

sayonara_sekai wrote:

140pp nomod is at least 5x as hard as DT.
This doesn't mean what you thought it means. DT is hard if you're actually playing insanes with DT and it's at least above 230 bpm. Hards with DT aren't fucking worthwhile at all and I wish people stopped doing that.
I'd argue that it is worthwhile to play them to build speed and stamina in your tapping hand. Hards with DT were the first maps that really forced me to use my wrist, although they (of course) did only little for me in terms of getting more consistent or good at aiming.

You have to start somewhere, and DT hards are a good starting point. Although, the main goal should always be to move on from that and pushing to play harder maps. And NEVER abandon nomod.
Yuudachi-kun
There are plenty of worthwhile nomods that will already handle that for you