forum

Singletapping with Middle or Index finger.. :C

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Florrow
hey guys, most of my osu career i've been playing osu! by singletapping with my index finger, but i found out that when there are some stream bursts and then fast jumps i just break combo. Tried switching fingers and singletapping with index. Altho it was hard to get the speed and stamina i had with my index finger (im only playing with middle for like 2-3 days) i could get burst really nice and getting some FCs.

My question is the following:
Should i just keep going with index finger and get used to the streams or just move on to middle finger ?
Switching over to middle finger would require some time to get the speed and stamina i have on my index.
Jellyfish McGub
purei moe
Xyrus_old_1
Learn to alternate streams, some streams are simply too fast to singletap. You can still singletap slower streams if you want though.
Topic Starter
Florrow
i meant that when i stream and after that there are fast jumps i cant get them with my index.
it feels better as a gameplay with middlefinger, but it hurts since im not used to it and i still need to gather stamina and speed.
Skybussa
It doesn't hurt to become proficient in singletapping with both fingers.

On high BPM it's especially useful because you can allow one finger to get a break in the song. For example, you singletap 10 or 20 notes with your index, then 10 or 20 notes with your middle and switch. It may be difficult to get used to starting off triples/streams with your "off" finger, but you'll get used to it if you stick with it..

However, just use whatever is comfortable, it is all up to you.
Yuudachi-kun
I wish I could use my middle finger for everything but sadly I can't start streams well with it. stupid index
Endaris
Index is technically better as the middlefinger has a short distance to move while streaming(cause it's longer), theoretically allowing you to reach a higher speed without specific practice.
When you singletap with middle, your index has to travel a lot of distance or you have to curve your hand in a weird way.
N0thingSpecial
I can't start streams with index finger, so I start stream with middle finger and single tap with middle finger
Yuudachi-kun
When I singletap with middle can twp faster, longer, and my aim isnt as fucked up at higher bpms.

Sad life
DeathHydra

N0thingSpecial wrote:

I can't start streams with index finger, so I start stream with middle finger and single tap with middle finger
Jellyfish McGub
see what i do is i press button
Topic Starter
Florrow
i think im gonna play with my middle finger from now on.
I wont be excluding my index as i will use it to tap a few times for my middle to rest.
I know it would take some days to gain the speed and mainly stamina i have with my index but overall i think its worth it, i got better control over stream bursts or just simple streams, and the fast taps that come after the streams or even before.