forum

Still Can't Do One Spot Spam Hitcircles

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Denkalis
Hello, I am not a bad player at osu and get B's on AR9 maps but I still haven't overcome the trick of spamming hitcircles in one area without getting lots of 100s. These one spot spam hitcircles really get my score down in maps just because I can't figure out the trick and timing. I also always alternate from x to z and never just stick use one button. I would like to know your guys advice.
-Makishima S-
Skill comes while you play more maps on your level and progress slowly into higher once. Jumping from beginner level to Insane maps it's now what you should do, instead of this play easy -> normal -> hard and keep up high acc.
7ambda
Use the first approach circle as an indicator when to alternate. If you're still getting 100s, you're probably not alternating your fingers at a consistent rate.
Jellyfish McGub
91.5 acc op op
Sayorie
Don't spam. You can listen to how the hitsounds sound in auto and try to replicate the same speed when you play, or you can also go with the song's rhythm. Sometimes, it may be a "guess the bpm" stack, which I really don't like either.
I Give Up
You mean stacks? Click the circle to the beat.
Topic Starter
Denkalis

KukiMonster wrote:

You mean stacks? Click the circle to the beat.
I've been using this beatmap for practice: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/366963&m=0. I looked online and you have to do the z-x-z pattern and I am still having trouble alternating from zxz fast enough. Any other ideas?
Mahogany
You could try learning alternating on singletaps and it might help your finger co-ordination
Caenis
I Give Up

Denzakalis wrote:

I've been using this beatmap for practice: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/366963&m=0. I looked online and you have to do the z-x-z pattern and I am still having trouble alternating from zxz fast enough. Any other ideas?
A simple exercise is to practise triple tapping on your desk without any music or other distractions. Keep your hand relaxed and listen to your normal tapping speed. This is also how you determine your natural bpm. As Yuno wrote, play with loud hit sounds and occasionally watch beatmap with auto mod to get used to perfect accuracy hit sounds.

Edit: just had a look at your practise map, that map is very stamina heavy. e.g. 2 consecutive triples (zxz zxz) uses almost same stamina as 7 note stream (zxzxzxz). That map has like 38 consecutive triples (equal to 151 note stream). It will take you several months of practise to be able to beat that map. Focus on actually playing a variety of beatmaps rather than targetted practise maps.