forum

Host family in Kyoto

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
floflim
You didn't understand... I was in a taiwanese high school. I didn't fail, I couldn't work you see. You're from Herzegovina right? Are you able to grade in Chinese high school? I came in Taiwan I barely could say hello. So, it's normal that I lost a school year.
Aurani
You wrote this "that's when I've started playing Osu! And watching more and more anime. I lost a French school year as I didn't work."
Now, from my perspective and with your English, I recon it means "I fucked around with animu and games and thus failed a year". You can't blame me for misinterpreting your post when your English still needs some work. :p

Also no, I'm not from Bosnia.
Topic Starter
floflim
Well, then first change your flag. And I never said I have an amazing level of english. I'm french and it's normal that it's hard for me to make people understand what I'm saying, I'm doing my best...
Cyclohexane
to be fair, he seems to have the english level of your average french student

why look to enroll in high school abroad again if you don't speak the language of the country you're going to? Aren't you just going to waste more time?
Topic Starter
floflim
I can speak japanese more than chinese when I arrived in Taiwan. And the reason why I really want to go to Kyoto is that they have a french highs chool there so I don't loose another school year.
laport
Maybe you can ask peppy if he can put a banner on the homepage for you
Topic Starter
floflim
LOl, that's a smart idea, I'm sure he'll accept !
Mahogany

peppy wrote:

wank wank wank dicks dicks dicks
mx04ma
i am very bad at posting or generally being a good human being

please ridicule me at every given opportunity

xxx
DeletedUser_7520443

mx04ma wrote:

i am very bad at posting or generally being a good human being

please ridicule me at every given opportunity

xxx
gg eph
mx04ma
The Klein–Gordon equation (Klein–Fock–Gordon equation or sometimes Klein–Gordon–Fock equation) is a relativistic version of the Schrödinger equation. It is second order in space and time and manifestly Lorentz covariant. It is a quantized version of the relativistic energy-momentum relation. Its solutions include a quantum scalar or pseudoscalar field, a field whose quanta are spinless particles. Its theoretical relevance is the same as that of the Dirac equation, Electromagnetic interactions can be incorporated, forming the topic of scalar electrodynamics, but because common spinless particles like the pi-mesons are unstable and also experience the strong interaction (with unknown Hamiltonian), the practical utility is limited.
Aurani
Man can someone just find where this guy lives and hang him?
mx04ma

Aurani wrote:

Man can someone just find where this guy lives and hang him?
try it ill dropkick you back to the third world country you crawled out of
Rilene

mx04ma wrote:

The Klein–Gordon equation (Klein–Fock–Gordon equation or sometimes Klein–Gordon–Fock equation) is a relativistic version of the Schrödinger equation. It is second order in space and time and manifestly Lorentz covariant. It is a quantized version of the relativistic energy-momentum relation. Its solutions include a quantum scalar or pseudoscalar field, a field whose quanta are spinless particles. Its theoretical relevance is the same as that of the Dirac equation, Electromagnetic interactions can be incorporated, forming the topic of scalar electrodynamics, but because common spinless particles like the pi-mesons are unstable and also experience the strong interaction (with unknown Hamiltonian), the practical utility is limited.
Quantum science is sure interesting.
Railey2

Aurani wrote:

The cute goal aside, idk how anyone can fail ANY kind of grade below uni. I mean, the only time you ever really get "tested" is in uni; elementary, middle and high school are just jokes. :p
If you view HS through the lens of adulthood, of course it will seem like a joke to you. Looking back, these times will always seem easier, because you become more capable as you get older. Back then, it was probably different.
Now you might be one of the select few that were intelligent enough or hardworking enough to never have any problems with school. Good for you then. However, many teenagers struggle with school, and I wouldn't make the mistake of looking at their problems condescendingly by judging them with the skills that most people only acquire later in life.

If you look at it, children struggle with the most ridiculous things. And yet, the struggle is real.
Aurani
While I thank you for the sincere compliment of my intelligence, I must say that it has nothing to do with studying. Studying is all about memorisation, and the ONLY time you'll need to UNDERSTAND what you're reading so you don't have to recite 1800 pages to the professor is the uni.
You're an intelligent lad, so tell me if you passed your high school with perfect grades? No? Well then you have your answer - it's about time management and memorisation. :p
Railey2
If you define studying as being about time management and memorization, then how does this conflict with what I said?

Children are incredibly bad at time management, they are bad at memorization, and they get distracted easily. Even lesser quantities of material can test their limits. But I don't think that it is just about that.

You say that you don't need to understand anything in HS. However, I've seen people trying to do math while not understanding shit and it doesn't work, same with chemistry and physics. And besides, memorization gets infinitely easier when you do understand what you memorize, so even for subjects like history I'd argue that having a well structured mental model of the things you learn is insanely beneficial.
Children suck at forming structured mental models, they suck at reading comprehension, their vocabulary is limited and they often listen to adults that are equally bad at thinking logically. Hence why school is a challenge for many.
Aurani
But everything you listed there depends exactly on them and them only. It's their problem if they choose to have a role model who knows nothing, or choose to not learn things in math besides school assignments.

Intelligence only plays an auxiliary role in studying and yes, it can help you IMMENSELY, but you don't outright REQUIRE it to be successful. You want to know why I know it? Well, 2 of the students in my high school who were right under me on every test don't know where our CONTINENT is on the map, heck, they don't even know what a world war is, yet they had PERFECT marks in both history and geography. Same goes for math and chemistry - if you asked them what 4x4x4 is, they'd react like your stereotypical bitch from anime "hah, you want me to like, answer that question like, who the cares like, bitch please". They memorised every single line word for word and got excellent marks for it without even understanding what the shit they said.

They're both currently in uni, studying to become DOCTORS, and if they succeed, it'll prove my point that even the dumbest, most retarded fucks can go through the whole school system without ever utilising their intelligence. I'd hate to be a patient of those two in the future, as I wouldn't trust them on guarding a rock, let alone fiddling with my insides.

The only thing you need to get through the entirety of the elementary, middle and high school is the will to study - nothing else. It's not an argument if you tell me that they struggle with time management and memorisation when it's solely THEIR fault for it - it's not something one person is inherently better at; you develop it yourself, not God, and therefore everyone who has no mental deficiency is on the SAME level in it.
Railey2
mate, I've seen people studying a fucklot and still being shitty at school. Conversely, I've seen people studying next to nothing and being decent at school (using myself as an example).

It is evidently not all about the will to study. I don't know what school you went to, but at my school you didn't get an A in maths if you didn't understand what it was about. I give it to you that its possible to get an A in history while not understanding anything about it, but for some subjects that is just not true. Or at least it wasn't in Germany. We've had multiple people fail over the years due to math, and I can assure you that most of them did study. They just weren't able to use the sort of mathematical thinking that was required to pass.

And like it or not, memorizing things is still using your intelligence. These two students you talked of might seem stupid to you because you associate intelligence with critical thinking and structured thought, but in reality they might have still been better equipped than the ones that study and fail.
If you really want to know why people fail, you should look at those that fail. Not at the ones that pass because they are great at memorization.

Look at the people that never learned how to think, which is required for some subjects (albeit, as you said, not for all). The people that never learned how to study properly or just don't take the time to study because their priorities are childish and harmful. The people that are simply born less intelligent than their peers. The people that are sucked into a social circle where being bad and edgy is what gets them validated. Be it self-imposed or not, there are many good reasons why people fail even the easy shit. And as I see it, you underestimate all of these reasons, because you see it from the point of view of an adult who knows how to handle all of them.
FuZ
here we go again longpost battle
Topic Starter
floflim
The fact is that I didn't fucked up my year it's just as I didn't do it, was a sabbatical year... I'm a really good student.
There's no reason to debate about this...
Railey2

floflim wrote:

There's no reason to debate about this...
its cool, I tend to enjoy these exchanges, especially when its with someone who knows his shit

SPOILER
compliments intensify
Topic Starter
floflim
Well, as you want lol
Aurani
Railey and I have a special thing going on where we like doing meaningful things, like debating random shit just because we want to secretly stroke each other's penises. :V
DeletedUser_7520443

Aurani wrote:

Railey and I have a special thing going on where we like doing meaningful things, like debating random shit just because we want to secretly stroke each other's penises. :V
I'm telling Hika on you ;P
Aurani
I'm only one out of 327 for Hika, she won't mind. :V
Lacrimae
i can't believe i witnessed an intellectual circlejerk
Railey2
Hika cheated on Aurani with Aomi, so she can't really complain without being a hypocrite.
Cyclohexane
i read absolutely fucking nothing of what was said before

but i remember having failing grades back in high school because i didn't give a shit

i passed anyway though
Aomi

Railey2 wrote:

Hika cheated on Aurani with Aomi, so she can't really complain without being a hypocrite.
you called?
DeletedUser_7520443

Aomi wrote:

Railey2 wrote:

you called?
You sick bastard
Faust
Railey so sugoi.

Does this count as dick stroking ?