forum

Mousepad advice

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mulraf
Hey. I know there's a thread about mousepads already but

- it's 5 years old
- it's about the creator who had other 'needs' then me.
- i already have the most common answer as a mousepad and i'm not satisfied D:

so i decided on doing a new one. hope this is fine : x anyways. i'm having problems with my mousepads. i've come to the conclusion that the mousepad is, for me, the most usefull peripheral, if you can call it that. switching my mouse hasn't done much since they just well... work right. keyboards: my 10 year old rubberdome works just fine. but with mousepads i got new ones and every time i felt a HUGE impact.
Yet there's a problem. All my mousepads don't have any longlivity. I had the razer goliathus, the zowie g-sr (probably best experience so far) and the steelseries qck (current). so pretty much everything that the top mouse players use. but they only work perfectly for the first couple days. then you can feel that they degraded a bit. and after about 2 or 3 months you sometimes just want to throw them away and play on your table since it's better.
So my questions basically are:

1.) Do other mouse players experience this problem? (especially directed at the rather experienced osu! community)
2.) Are there any other mousepads you would advise (in those circumstances)? ( i want a mousepad with low friction and high durability)
3.) What's your experience with plastic mousepads? since i only used cloth so far maybe that would be an alternative.
dung eater
I've had everglide titan since 2007 and it still feels good.

I'd recommend some good quality cloth mousepad that's big and thick (can wash it, feels comfortable, can absorb moisture, bodily oils and dirt).
autoteleology
plastic mousepads
Do they make these in XL? This would be super useful for me since my cloth mousepad (Mionix 900) is always covered in dust/cathair/bullshit

can absorb moisture, bodily oils and dirt
Why are you saying this like it is a good thing, it's not
I Give Up
I've been using my desk for the better part of a year but the surface is all warn out now so I need to use a mousepad now. I tried out a cheap clothpad and my aim didn't feel quite right on it. Quality mousepads are super expensive here, like $40 for a small pad. And I need a large heavy one coz these tend to slide around on my desk if they are light and I find that unplayable. I'm getting a qck+ the moment I can get one.
Endaris

Philosofikal wrote:

It starts to be useful once your wrist starts surfing on the wet surface of your waterproof mousepad.
Topic Starter
mulraf

Philosofikal wrote:

Endaris wrote:

It starts to be useful once your wrist starts surfing on the wet surface of your waterproof mousepad.
+1

anyways. that mousepad's not available anymore :x but i'm starting to think plastic might be interesting to at least give it a try anyways. i always thought i would get shouted at if i recommended plastic but it doesn't seem to be hated so much :x
Jellyfish McGub
i thought u were talking about the little square area of a laptop
KanoSet
most of cloth pads -if not all- worn out soon or later.. you may wanna try another type if you got the money
for cloth pads, steel series qcl+ or heavy
or kingston hyperx fury
both are not so expensive like much others and ppl love em
Topic Starter
mulraf

KanoSet wrote:

most of cloth pads -if not all- worn out soon or later.. you may wanna try another type if you got the money
for cloth pads, steel series qcl+ or heavy
or kingston hyperx fury
both are not so expensive like much others and ppl love em
as i said, i currently own the steelseries qck :/ and the qck+ is basically the same just bigger if i remember correctly.
i'm willing to spend some more money on a good mousepad, that zowie g-sr did cost over 40€ as well (think that's about 45$) but as i said, it just doesn't seem to work for me :/ but i think doomsday got a steelseries and uh... amai hachimitsu? has got the zowie g-sr. so i kinda feel like i'm doing something wrong or something idk.
The Gambler
Qck Mass and Qck Heavy if you like thick cloth pads.

If you want a nice hard pad, find a shop that can sandblast a sheet aluminium piece for you. The kind of finish you want should be similar to a Macbook Air-type finish.

I only say this as my beloved Manticor isn't big enough for my needs. (I still put both tablet and mouse on the pad; I used to have the Qck XL and that suited me perfectly until it wore out)
Sayorie
/thread
Endaris
video not mentioning how color affects tracking performance gg
Endie-
I use a "ninjas in pyjamas" mouse mat made for "gaming". Its actually not that bad. Great quality and size. Other "made for gaming" mouse mats may dissapoint tho.
silento
Never had to change my mouse pad when I go back to mouse every now and then, and it's some generic cloth promotion thing that I don't know anything about.
FrzR
I've been using my Steelseries QcK for more than 2 years. It has good cloth material so it's alright being washed every once in a while to get rid of the dust that makes it grippy. I had a Logitech G440 before which is a plastic hardpad. While the glide is great and all, it doesn't have that good longevity since the textured surface wears in just a few months.