forum

CtB: Hidden

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Snoopy
I tried many times to play CtB with 'Hidden' mode, but i can't read fruits. What should i do for improving my hidden skill?
Qiyana
Wait for kiai. The fruits will fade and you can see them falling.
Skybussa
Just use it more, you'll eventually get used to it. There are a lot of top HD players who struggle with nomod and vice-versa. The secret to becoming good at HD is simply playing HD.
FuZ
listen to hitsounds
Topic Starter
Snoopy
Thank you so much for your feedbacks guys. I'll try my best...
DxNightwave
Look at the center of the screen, and don't rely too much on kiai time as this will throw your timing off.

Just play with HD more but you should start by playing maps with HD that you have already completed with No mod, As this will give you a general idea as far as timing goes.

Let the map play you.... : )
Topic Starter
Snoopy

-itsy_v2- wrote:

Look at the center of the screen, and don't rely too much on kiai time as this will throw your timing off.

Just play with HD more but you should start by playing maps with HD that you have already completed with No mod, As this will give you a general idea as far as timing goes.

Let the map play you.... : )

Thank you for ur advice.
Lay
HD was the first mod I ever learnt and as stated above it really just comes down to
  1. Use HD as much as you can - The more you use the mod, the more practise you'll get and the better you'll get at reading
  2. Kiai time can be a help or a hinderance - Personally, it made reading harder as I was using HD to help improve timing, but kiai time will show the fruits as they fade away to the catcher so you can follow along
  3. Looking at the centre of the screen (right where the fruit disappears) - The average reaction time of a standard osu player is enough to see where the fruit has fallen, watch it vanish and move to its last known position. This is more effective with higher ARs as timing is a little easier
  4. Lastly, HD is not something you can learn overnight - persistence, determination and a willingness to keep trying and trying will see you come out the other end as a full on HD pro... Just expect to not be able to no mod for a while xD
autofanboy
Usually you have to predict the rhythm and catch right after you saw the fruits falling down.
Rhythm can be grasped once you played a variety of maps with different BPM.

You can also know the rhythm such as 3/4 sliders and 1/8 cluster notes by noticing the number of fruits or the big droplet (which counts as a combo too). By doing so you can easily grab the flow of the song and also the map, reacting more quickly.

Hence the golden rule is to: Practice more, and play more different kind of maps.
He Ang CTB
If you really want to be super good at HD, playing lots of awkward standard convert maps will massively boost your ability to read in HD. I don't think CTB maps are better for HD training, because you can heavily rely on the rhythm of the map instead of the visuals, the ears will do the eyes' work. If you are hardcore enough you can mute the speakers and play just by reading. Catching good spinners in HD is also important, as it trains the ability to read complex patterns and minimize control errors to achieve a good spin. Lastly playing small CS with low AR and PF mod will train your ability to read the delay and be able to move precisely enough to catch very small fruits and droplets.

Summary IMO:
1. Spam cancer maps.
2. Pay attention to spinners.
3. Drill AR8 CS5.
4. Always use HD.
5. Mute volume.
6. Aim for SS.

*not a good HD player myself :C Unlicensed advice*
sovy
I'd rely more on hitsounds. You'll find it increasingly easier to see the notes falling and hear the same amount.
Topic Starter
Snoopy
Thanks guys, for your interest and sharing your experience. This informations will help me a lot . ;)