forum

how to start playing standard again?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheLonePiggy
A few weeks ago I decided to take a little break from standard so that I could explore the other game modes, and after playing a crap ton of ctb i've found that it's more appealing to be able to just hop right into ctb without having to warm up for extended periods of time like I have to in standard.
I want to get back into osu! standard but I just can't find the motivation to do so seeing as none of my close friends like to play osu! and I just find it boring to play for hours without talking to my friends but I also find it really distracting when they're screaming or yelling about another game, I have no idea what to do.

Any response is appreciated.
winber1

TheLonePiggy wrote:

I just find it boring to play for hours without talking to my friends.
bitch i've been here 6 years without friends

90% of any rhythm game is about solo grinding and improving. you will see minimal improvement, if any, playing on multi. even having people spec will often force you to play songs not entirely ideal for improvement.

playing the game for fun is a different story in which case u can just do whatever the fuck you want and suck ass and still be cool with it. if you are getting distracted because u want to play the games ur friends are playing, play that fucking game LOL. If you get distracted by other things that easily when playing osu, then there's not much of a reason to play osu unless for shits and giggles here and there. a certain few roommates are quite the ragers when it comes to particular games, but when i do settle down to map or play I do it until I get bored of it.

what is there to say? if u don't like the game u don't like the game. not much anyone can do about it. go to ctb, play another game, etc. if you like the game and are willing to put in hours of time, then do it. however by the looks of it you don't have that strive.
N0thingSpecial
Funny enough my friends find my tapping sound annoying (and yes non of my irl friends play osu)

if you want someone to play with you can always play in multi.
sayonara_sekai
how can you even hang out with people on voice while playing osu. i'd get kicked in 5 seconds flat because of the keyboard noise
Topic Starter
TheLonePiggy
I should've mentioned that I don't mean playing multi I just like talking to somebody to keep me sane from getting shit misses near the end of 4 minute songs
my mic doesn't pick up my keyboard clicks
also I do enjoy playing it and play for fun, i'm just not motivated