Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro
=]
La Cataline
k
ziin
good map.

[general]
I would really like to see a fully mapped insane of this. The song is so slow that the 32nd note trills are doable and I would find it fun.
AImod is really terrible on this song. If it's giving you a ton of errors, it's wrong.
I'm not feeling the kiai times, but this isn't really a kiai song. I don't know where I would put them.
You've got 3 nearly identical colors of green as your combo colors. There's TONS of greens out in the woods, how about you make them a little different?

This would be an excellent map to storyboard or make a video of someone playing.
make sure you delete the osb before it's ranked if you don't do a storyboard.

[easy]
only sliders need to be made pretty, and that's only selfmod stuff. There's none that really stand out, so it's certainly optional, I just prefer to have the end node in the center of the slider so everything snaps better.
Things like this would look slightly better if the sliders curved around the hitcircles a little more and covered them up a little less.
this is just polish, everything else is good.

[hard]
sliders again (even more optional this time) except for:
00:17:339 (8.5-10) fix the line or make it a curve.

star~
It will be very nice if you get another difficulty in there.
Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro
I would rather not do SB this time. Though if someone want to do it, i would be glad.

Colours are slightly diferent, but i like it that way.

I don't want to make an Insane diff, because as you said, it's a slow song. Hard is good enough.

ziin wrote:

[hard]
00:17:339 (8.5-10) fix the line or make it a curve. Intended.
Kuroneko-sHerald
[General]
Source: Add "Super Mario RPG"
Tags: Remove "Super Mario RPG"

Remove this file and do a full-submit --> Super Mario RPG - Yoko Shimomura - Forest Maze (AdRon Zh3Ro).osb

[Easy]
01:57:212 (1) - I suggest to add a timing points and lower the volume a bit.
01:59:736 (1) - Lower or silence this spinner (I prefer silence).

[Hard]
01:57:199 (1) - or 01:58:150 (6) - Like easy.
01:59:736 (1) - Same here.

Why don't you map another diff? I think that it would be better. But it's up to you ;)

Star~
Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro

Kuroneko-sHerald wrote:

[General]

Well, this song was made for the game, but it's not necessaraly the source.

Remove this file and do a full-submit --> Super Mario RPG - Yoko Shimomura - Forest Maze (AdRon Zh3Ro).osb

Alredy did.

[Easy]
01:57:212 (1) - I suggest to add a timing points and lower the volume a bit.
01:59:736 (1) - Lower or silence this spinner (I prefer silence).

[Hard]
01:57:199 (1) - or 01:58:150 (6) - Like easy.
01:59:736 (1) - Same here.

I think this is just a detail. Not necessary.

Why don't you map another diff? I think that it would be better. But it's up to you ;)

As i stated before, slow song. :P

Star~
Thanks.
MathiasXII
Surprisingly fun beatmap for that song :)!
Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro
=]
cesc
Perepè qua qua qua qua perepè

[General]

Only this o_o

..but I don't like the finish at the end of the last spinner in each difficulties ~ (what about use a normal finish? or mute it?)
Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro
Meh >.>. So source it is...

If someone tell me to move to tags... I'll kill. You've been warned.
miva2
any difficulty:
The sliders at the end feels unnecessary imo.
Like mentioned before, the colors do look very much alike. Making clear when a new combo starts with a different color would be cool.
It starts getting repetitive just at the end :)

easy:
I like it the way it is. It's fun and easy, like it's supposed to be.
Something unimportant to anyone with a little experience: at 0:43:337 and 0:46:191 the hitcircle gets hidden behind the 300 of the score at the end of the slider. It's a little bit hard to see with different things close to eachother. New players might get confused there.
But I tested, and even if they miss, they should be able to continue the rest of the song without failing, so I don't think it needs changing.

hard:
I finished it on 2nd try so i guess it's good.
Sometimes a bit unclear but that's because my lack of skill. (the sliders during kiai times)
But it's more clear than most of the other few 5 star maps i managed to beat.

I'm not an experienced player or mapper so do with my comment what you think is best :)
Good job! starred.
Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro
Changed colours a little, but i want to keep them alike.
deadbeat
BG is too big. max allowed is 1024 x 768. yours is 1228 x 767. also maybe use a different background...that was is kinda one colour dominent and looks a bit dull..doesn't leave much room for a variety in combo colours

also the Easy seems more like a normal imo. also 1.7 slider velocity seems to high for a Easy anyway

2.8 slider velocity is a bit fast for a Hard

the bpm is under 100 though..but u might wanna consider lowering it a bit and then respacing
Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro

deadbeat wrote:

BG is too big. max allowed is 1024 x 768. yours is 1228 x 767. also maybe use a different background...that was is kinda one colour dominent and looks a bit dull..doesn't leave much room for a variety in combo coloursWhy would i want to change the BG just because don't have "too much colours"?

also the Easy seems more like a normal imo. also 1.7 slider velocity seems to high for a Easy anyway I wanted a higher spacing, and raising slider velocity seems pretty effective. Seriously, it's an easy.

2.8 slider velocity is a bit fast for a Hard ^ it's a ahrd, and not even close to Insane

the bpm is under 100 though..but u might wanna consider lowering it a bit and then respacing What?
deadbeat

AdRon Zh3Ro wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

BG is too big. max allowed is 1024 x 768. yours is 1228 x 767. also maybe use a different background...that was is kinda one colour dominent and looks a bit dull..doesn't leave much room for a variety in combo coloursWhy would i want to change the BG just because don't have "too much colours"?because the BG is single colour dominant and looks a bit dull

also the Easy seems more like a normal imo. also 1.7 slider velocity seems to high for a Easy anyway I wanted a higher spacing, and raising slider velocity seems pretty effective. Seriously, it's an easy.

2.8 slider velocity is a bit fast for a Hard ^ it's a ahrd, and not even close to Insanenever even mentioned it being a insane

the bpm is under 100 though..but u might wanna consider lowering it a bit and then respacing What?meant the slider velocity..just didn't word it very well ><
Nakagawa-Kanon
I can hear some strange sound in 01:23:287 - ,00:10:521 -

please find better quality mp3 file

I think better you delet kiai time
because this is slow and no highlight
XD

[Easy]

oh, fast easy
but bpm is slow

fine

[Hard]
00:38:894 (2) - add clap at first?

This song is too slow

so I can't find many wrong this

I know this song

this is good song

+star ^^
Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro
I'll see if i can find a better, but no promises...
ignorethis
pretty nice :)

AR+1 on easy if possible.

and...
I can hear some strange sound in 01:23:287 - ,00:10:521
Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro
If someone can aid me ._.

EDIT: Nvm i think i found a good one here.

EDIT2: Changed, resnaped, done.
AgentYous
GREAT GREAT 8-)

Star
Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro

AgentYous wrote:

GREAT GREAT 8-)

Star
Hmm... you forgot to actually star it. :P

But thanks.
Lilac
Wonderful.

Also, IRC modded.
-Lennox-
Hey :D

[Generall]

I prefer those colours

Combo1 : 50,51,34
Combo2 : 105,100,63
Combo3 : 167,167,84

[Easy]

Pretty good ^^

01:59:607 - Remove finish? Quiet ending is better

Fine~

[Hard]

Wow.. nothin wrong in my eyes..

No kudo..

Star~
Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro
Eh... Sorry... No kudos...

I would rather stick with the same colours. I don't like soft ones.

I too, rather stick with the finish, as it is used on all the map.

Thanks anyway. =]
Cyclohexane
Okay, here goes!

[General]
Keep those custom HS, they sound very good.
No Breaks ? Oh well, it's not too much of a problem, the song is only 2 minutes long.

[Easy]
This is going to be short since there will not be a lot to say.
Overall I like it, however you might want to avoid things like this 00:15:282 (1,2) - Not too much of a problem but it can mess some players up.
Maybe curve a little more your sliders? Again this is just a suggestion, you did a good job on them, but sometimes there is a row of straight slider lines. Just for the pleasure of the eye.
Other than that, very good.

[Hard]
00:08:284 (4) - Ow, this spacing's a little off, isn't it?
Apparently you don't appreciate stacking the streams, which is okay, but sometimes it gives kind of a "repeated pattern".
Also too bad I don't see more jumps in this map, only streams. I am myself not too fond of streams, so maybe that's just me, but maybe you could either use more sliders or use more of this kind of combo : 01:06:172 (1,2,3) -
This map could actually use some jumps, not an obligation, but that would've been fun!
I guess you tried to stack 01:55:473 (5) - with 01:56:427 (7) - but it is slightly off. Sorry if it feels like nazi but people actually notice that a lot from what I've seen.

So yeah, sorry if this mod is not incredibly awesome, I can't really help it, you've done a good job, I wish your map great success!

Star!
Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro
Nazi, yeah.

Others, rather not. :P

This is a slow song, and i'm not a fan of jumps in slow songs, it don't make much sense.

Thanks.
Selee
[General]

• Source: "Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars" ? http://www.mariowiki.com/Forest_Maze

Tags: Add "Hanachan no Mori" for the japanese name of the music?

BG resize? (Otherwise the thumbnail would be filled with white, kinda ugly imo ._.)
    Try this?
[Easy]

• 00:29:277 (5) - Because you use a start and end with a clap, I think it's better to shorten this for 1/2 beat.
    00:52:177 (1,1) - Remove new combo?
    01:16:350 (1,1) - soft whistle?
    01:42:750 (3) - Clap?
    01:45:294 (2) - ^
[Hard]

Nice~

The hitsounds fit the music well.

Star, good luck finding a MAT/BAT then.
Haneii
Nice job

~Twinkle twinkle little star~
Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro
=]
MoodyRPG

Selee wrote:

[General]

• Source: "Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars" ? http://www.mariowiki.com/Forest_Maze

Tags: Add "Hanachan no Mori" for the japanese name of the music? the tag is not well known to say, therefore could be "super mario nintendo"
    BG resize? (Otherwise the thumbnail would be filled with white, kinda ugly imo ._.)
    Try this?
    BG
    [attachment=0:32902]Super_Mario_Wallpaper_by_Desidus.jpg[/attachment:32902]
[Easy]

• 00:29:277 (5) - Because you use a start and end with a clap, I think it's better to shorten this for 1/2 beat.
    00:52:177 (1,1) - Remove new combo?
    01:16:350 (1,1) - soft whistle?
    01:42:750 (3) - Clap?
    01:45:294 (2) - ^
[Hard]

Nice~

The hitsounds fit the music well.

Star, good luck finding a MAT/BAT then.
xinhe
NICE MAP~~~
STAR :)
y u c a
hi(・∀・)/

Easy
i think...this diff 'Normal' is better.
you can add more clap hitsoud
00:00:651 (3) - add clap
00:03:195 (2) - ^
00:05:740 (1) - ^
00:08:284 (2) - ^ ect....

00:00:000 (1) - 1grid right(nazi sorry)
01:39:251 (1) - new combo
01:40:523 (1) - remove new combo

Hard
00:01:923 (7) - add finish
00:04:467 (6) - ^
00:07:012 (9) - ^
00:09:556 (10) - ^ ect....

good map~★
and poor english sorry Q.Q
Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro
I prefer not to add nor more claps nor more finished, as they may seems too odd.

As to normal... U MAD?

Thanks. :D
wmfchris
before any modding I wanna ask do you need taiko diff :D

Forest maze is one of my favourite~

If you're going to take this for ranking just ignore and go on~
Kite
General
BG max 1024x768 yours is 1228x767
IMO Offset is too early, I suggest +5-10 on offset

Easy
Nothing wrong, just feels a bit too fast for an Easy diff.
Nice

Hard
01:51:666 (6) - remove clap on slider end?

Fun to play and nice diff.

Overall a nice mapset, nice use of hitsounds and combo colors (even if they blend in witht he background picture a bit)
Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro
Don't know if i'll rank that fast... ~.~

Kite wrote:

General
BG max 1024x768 yours is 1228x767
Hmm, i'm pretty sure my BG is 1024x768

Kurai
Like Kite said, your background is 1228x767 and the max size is 1024x768. you should resize it.
Hum... I think it will be better if you rename "Easy" as "Normal"

Star~
Topic Starter
AdRon Zh3Ro
I think i forgot to full-sub :<

600 posts ftw...

EDIT: Full-sub win.
Pokie
Can't mod these days, sorry. so leave a star here :D
show more