forum

[Archived] Osu Crash

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
QvT
Hi Since 2 day when i try to play osu that's start to uptade than told me "Osu! Crashed" I don't know what to that's the first time that happend to me.
I Already tried to reinstal Framwork but nothing change ='(.
Please help me ! Thanks <3
Dntm8kmeeatu
Hold shift when launching the osu! executable and try turning on compatibility mode. If that doesn't work, try switching release streams.
Topic Starter
QvT
Thanks but the prob is that I can't even go in the osu Menu that tell me osu crashed before i can go in that's at the moment i tri to launch the game
Pawsu
You should be able to access the recovery dialog. Simply hold shift and open osu!.
Topic Starter
QvT
How to do it? i'm totaly shitty for this kind of things =s
Dntm8kmeeatu
When you normally click the game to start it. Just hold shift then click it, Keep holding shift until a menu shows up.
Topic Starter
QvT
I hold shift than launch osu but nothing happend, it's still the same "osu crashed" but no menu pop up
Topic Starter
QvT
Please help me i want so much to play again T.T
Dntm8kmeeatu
No need to bump a post that's under 48 hours since last reply. You gotta be patient. I can't help you anymore so wait until someone who can shows up. If no one does. You might be poop outta luck.
Topic Starter
QvT
Ok,I'll try to be patient T.T Thanks for your help
Seijiro
Already tried re-installing osu!? I know it is extreme, but if the recovery dialog doesn't show up we can't do much.
Make sure to backup your skins and songs.
Topic Starter
QvT
I tried to re install too but when i try that tell me still "osu!crashed" i got something written when I click on the box who told me "osu crashed" but i don't know how to put screen shot here
Topic Starter
QvT
OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsModeException: Failed to retrieve GraphicsMode, no fitting configurations, error SUCCESS
à OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglGraphicsMode.SelectGraphicsMode(SurfaceType surface_type, IntPtr display, ColorFormat color, Int32 depth, Int32 stencil, Int32 samples, ColorFormat accum, Int32 buffers, Boolean stereo, RenderableFlags renderable_flags, Boolean fullscreen)
à OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglGraphicsMode.SelectGraphicsMode(SurfaceType surface_type, IntPtr display, ColorFormat color, Int32 depth, Int32 stencil, Int32 samples, ColorFormat accum, Int32 buffers, Boolean stereo, RenderableFlags renderable_flags, Boolean fullscreen)
à OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, EglWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext sharedContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
à OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
à OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
à Ok here is what i got on the "osu! crashed" window when i click in
Nya Nya Neko
open the osu folder.
and delete some files. i can't say which one specifically.
but it's one of these:
run the programm in the program called repair osu! and click on repair.
the game should start automatically, however you need to redo your settings

EDIT: You can probably just ignore the cfg files. this way you don't need to redo your settings.
Topic Starter
QvT
Thanks I have done what you told me but I don't have the "repair osu" button what can i do? =s
Nya Nya Neko

QvT wrote:

Thanks I have done what you told me but I don't have the "repair osu" button what can i do? =s
ok i have tested with the repair program abit, and i am pretty sure you have to delete the cfg files.
sorry for misleading you :/
aslong as you don't delete the osu.exe file you should be able to start "osu! repair" and click on repair osu!
you should also be able to start "repair osu" by holding shift and doublleclick on osu!.exe
just like you would normally open osu, you just need to press shift while clicking.

Nya Nya Neko

Nya Nya Neko wrote:

QvT wrote:

ok i have tested with the repair program abit, and i am pretty sure you have to delete the cfg files.
sorry for misleading you :/
aslong as you don't delete the osu.exe file you should be able to start "osu! repair" and click on repair osu!
you should also be able to start "repair osu" by holding shift and doublleclick on osu!.exe
just like you would normally open osu, you just need to press shift while clicking.

So the troubling file is the cfg file, which i crossed my name out on the image.
apparently some graphics settings make osu! crash and/or not save the settings
I tried to find it but couldn't.

I changed from cutting edge to stable and that seemed to resolve the crash situation.
if you want to save your personal settings you must do so in the osu!.(your pc's name).cfg file.

click on "open with" then click on "editor" and then you can manually change your settings.
when you are ready hit ctrl+s and close the editor.

now osu should have saved your settings.

(in the file some words or numbers represent something different:
1= on
0= off
D1=1
D2=2
D3=3
.)
i hope this helped resolving your issue, if not, just hang in there a bit.
Topic Starter
QvT
Thanks for the help , I did what you told me and deleted the CFG but when i click on "repair osu!" that's still tell me "osucrashed" what I have to do =s
Pawsu
For curiosity's sake, Try this: Reinstall the osu!.exe and replace it with your current in your osu! folder with this: https://osu.ppy.sh/p/download or simply https://m1.ppy.sh/r/osu!.exe
Topic Starter
QvT
I tried everything you told me but still the same
Topic Starter
QvT
UP =(