forum

A Slight Modification to Score v2

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +12
Topic Starter
AngeLMoogumin
I'm proposing a rather simple change to the actual score aspect of score v2.

I suggest that rather than have score max out at 1,000,000 regardless of max combo or map length, that it simply be multiplied to match the score v1 SS score.
It would make longer maps feel much more rewarding, whilst not compromising the basic principle of score v2, that being to remove variations in score based on where 100s and 50s occur. By doing this, it would be possible to continue to have the current "Total Score" statistic on profile pages still hold some meaning, even if the calculations aren't exactly the same.

For example, if SSing a map under score v1 would result in 10,000,000 points, under my proposed score v2 system, accuracy would account for 3,000,000 and actual combo would account for the other 7,000,000. This would make things much more interesting and enjoyable as a player. Most people don't like barely seeing the numbers increase on a multiple-thousand note map. It takes away from the fun of getting a high combo, and kind of ruins the experience of playing.

This should not impact outcomes of tournaments or the like, since it would essentially just be a static multiplier placed on everyone's score.
this1neguy
Pretty cool idea. I've thought since the announcement of scorev2 that one of its biggest shortcomings is that getting good plays on long maps would be incredibly unrewarding score-wise (3k combo getting you the same score as OK DAD? dude nice!) and this sounds like a good way of solving that issue to some extent. And since it's literally just score it's not like it would affect anything - not to mention that if the current leveling system stays in place, implementing scorev2 WITHOUT a change like this would mean no one can ever level up at all since you'll be maxing out at 1 million points per song. Good luck trying to go from level 100 to 101 with that!
Seat Ibiza TDI
I really agree with the v2 scoring system but the only thing that bothers me is the 1M cap. This game would be less rewarding and there would be no pleasure fcing a marathon map for example. It's like there isn't any combo at all and will be more like mania mode. Please let us have the joy of seeing big numbers.
Bara-
I agree with this. I always rather disliked mania's score cap. Sometimes, when you hit a 300, you don't even get 300 points. You get 160 or such. That makes little to no sense imo