forum

Poll 32: Do you map? Do you plan to map?

posted
Total Posts

Do you map? Do you plan to map?

I do not plan on mapping.
16.00%
I plan on mapping sometime in the future.
43.82%
I currently map actively.
35.12%
I no longer map.
5.05%
Total votes: 931
Polling ended
Topic Starter
Nyquill
While the main draw of osu! as a rhythm game is the allure of slamming your cursor into circles at supersonic speeds, some of us are here to let loose our inner triangles artists through beatmapping. We want to know if you are one of the people who take part in our wonderful mapping community! If not, have you mapped before? Do you plan on doing so? Either way, be sure to let us know why you are going to map, you are, or are no longer mapping in the thread.

The results of the poll will be featured in the last weekly of the month! I'll look to also take some interesting cases and possibly feature them either in the weekly or through some other medium.
pkk
Just wanted to let you know that I do, in fact, love memes mapping

but I will be retiring soon since it's getting boring and definitely not because I'm going to draw shitty doujins full-time
S k y B l u e
i would map more std if it would be easier as stepmania used to be for me in a past.
Sonnyc
map actively currently I
7ambda
I'd rather not learn to map.
ac8129464363
mapping is fun (sometimes)
Underforest
I'm currently mapping, just that find guys that can help me with those maps is very hard
Nathan
mapping serves as an outlet for my love of music
Deneb
mapping is love, mapping is life

sadly, I suck at mapping
Ahri

Kizuna wrote:

sadly, I suck at mapping
Kingkevin30
The only thing that keeps me from really starting is that i can't give my imagination "form"
Since I'm someone who mainly wants to get into CTB mapping the main problem
i have is to grasp the conversion of Hitobjects from STD to CTB.. i mean, i know their positioning
but i can't for the love of god get it in my brain how long the slider has to last to give me the curvature and length i want..
plus if i have to tidbit every object in Test-mode to see their positioning&Shape then it just fells like a waste of time for me..

If there'll be a CTB Editor in the future then i'll probably really start to invest time in learning how to map propperly
P i k u

Kingkevin30 wrote:

plus if i have to tidbit every object in Test-mode to see their positioning&Shape then it just fells like a waste of time for me..

If there'll be a CTB Editor in the future then i'll probably really start to invest time in learning how to map propperly
So true, we really need a proper editor!

The main reason why I am mapping is simply because I love music and also because mapping CtB is a lot of fun for me.
Tho yeah, the current editor is probably "meh" for people who are thinking about mapping CtB. The best thing is when people tell you that they enjoyed your map xd
Noctali
I've always wanted to map songs that I love or find myself fond of after some time listening to them.

I've actually tried to map a few times, but it has always ended with me giving up... That's because, once the notes are on the timeline, I'm not imaginative enough to create patterns, or I'm never satisfied with what I do.

I wish I'd be able to.
Lanturn
Still actively mapping to this day.

For those planning to one day, make sure you choose something you personally like! Start out with the basics and work your way up.
Natsu
I currently map actively~ still is fun for me after several mapsets~
Lavender
I will be back on vacation, busy with school things for now:(
Renrane
I am mapping currently. But sometimes I get bored of mapping.

I am currently training my mapping skills.
Ayesha Altugle
I balance my mapping skills with my playing skills so I can also improve at testplaying.
BeatofIke
I still make maps today, but I don't really play osu! anymore (unless I'm bored or test-playing)
AncuL
i usually map maps that is on my level (5.5-6.5* mania maps) so i can rate it personally. but sometimes i can go crazy :^)
show more