forum

Poll 32: Do you map? Do you plan to map?

posted
Total Posts

Do you map? Do you plan to map?

I do not plan on mapping.
16.00%
I plan on mapping sometime in the future.
43.82%
I currently map actively.
35.12%
I no longer map.
5.05%
Total votes: 931
Polling ended
show more
XiMerx
I love to map, but I can't find nice songs and have time constraints so I don't really map actively
i want to map some songs in future, and i hope i can rank it. but i don't know how to map and rank a map
Nozhomi
Want to map more than I map right now :c
But still I map :3
dylansantosh
While I have seen quite some maps that ARE oriented towards triangles and super easy high star rating maps, I still think that mapping can be an expression of the song. Of course there's only so much you can do with circles and sliders, but that's where creativity comes in.

By all means i do not see myself as a good mapper, But some mappers out there are really good at showing what a song can mean with just circles and sliders and the additional spinner.

I myself want to map, Not because to get anything ranked really (not that i think ranked isn't good, because that'd be great, Ranked AND being a really good map) But so that I can make a beatmap that other players may enjoy.
Rizumu Tenshi
I was mapping a bit actively until this General Secondary Certificate came.
Just as plenty of users said: Need to improve my mapping style. I can map and hitsound, but if I want to get it truly done right, I need to improve my mapping style. So far I've got one song done well, but it was the Expert that was done well, and I need to get the other difficulties done as well as the Expert.

I was trying to map a Love Live song by the way, but I decided to scrap that since I quit Love Live. Now I don't know what to map to continue improving my mapping style... (that is not Fuzzy Future, since I'm already working on it as a means of improving my style)

tl;dr:
  1. Mapping style to be improved
  2. Need to learn to map other difficulties below Insane and Expert
  3. Relieve me of this General Secondary Certificate and I will continue improving
Ciyus Miapah
no longer map, because (you know right now what happen to me lol)
dionzz99

you can say that i mapped too much :^)

i do enjoy the mapping.. sometimes.. (there's this boring part where i have to put repeated SVs over and over manually. i wish the editor can have like program preset or something)
Arphimigon
Full-Time memer 24/7
Full-Time mapper 24/7
Nothin' better than letting lose those inner memes into circles and watchin' people click those memes, it's truly inspirational.
Anxient
do i map? yes
do i enjoy it? sometimes
do i like my creations? watch me love it for 1 week and then proceed to gradually hate it as time passes.
do i enjoy watching people suffer as i put unreasonable 300bpm jumps? yes

can i meme? 5/7 of the time.

do i enjoy looking for BNs? end me

but i seriously think people would go into mapping a bit more if the community was a bit less rude

A-kun wrote:

jesus crhist what is this overmapping

M-san wrote:

not enouhg triangles 0/10 pls remap

V-kun wrote:

l i t e r a l l y u n r a n k a b l e

B-sama wrote:

end urself

C-dono wrote:

caner map
meii18
Yes I am mapping and it's fun but sometimes boring xD
JBHyperion
Probably 90-95% of my time spent on osu is in the editor, either mapping, modding or testing. I really enjoy the freedom of creativity, and if, at the end, you have something you can be proud of, something that other people like, it's a great feeling to know that you contributed to the growth of the game.

Currently mapping mostly CtB as we lack in maps and modders but also some Std, plus that one all-mode set that I will rank eventually... stares into the distance
Secretpipe
mapping = all

mapping dnb = the best
Mahogany
I map when I feel like it, but don't find it worth it to try and push for ranking at any point
domSaur
i used to.

i still actually consider myself mapping. it's just that i can't find the song that motivates me alot..
Kamikaze
I'm relatively close to retiring from mapping, but I would count as active still
Weber
mapping standard is so fucking time consuming and the ranking process amplifies this struggle so hard

i'll start for real when this shit gets easier

#implementautomaticblanketing2016
-Tochi
I currently map actively :)
I still have goals to obtain, and i will keep making more maps until i don't have more time to play osu.
If i always have time for osu, then i will still try to improve and make maps!

It's fun to share my maps with people, and see them play them and hear their thoughts on them.
My friends are the reason to why i still want to map :)
ColdTooth
I wish I can pick the last two options, it's on and off for me
Rizen
No longer
Surono
Mapping for fun! or interesting on song...
Mao
I map \o/
Andrea
I no longer map, but I surely plan on getting active again.
Shiirn
wahahahahaha yep
Halogen-
This poll could have been expanded a bit more to accommodate for those who primarily map in one mode, but have intent on mapping in another. For example, I primarily map for mania, but I'm slowly tinkering around with mapping standard/Taiko as well, haha.
Kibbleru
another year goes by.

still placing circles on the monitor..

life still hasnt gotten anywhere...

orz....
Endaris
Can't call the shit I'm producing maps so I chose that I plan to map in the future.
Mismagius

Kibbleru wrote:

another year goes by.

orz....

my life atm
Bonsai

Kibbleru wrote:

another year goes by.

orz....
first year over for me \o/..
Makeli

Bonsai wrote:

Kibbleru wrote:

another year goes by.

orz....
first year over for me \o/..
few months and it'll be first year for me too weeeeee

EDIT: Actually just one month away from a full year
DarthBrainus
I'm trying to map, but i don't submit my beatmaps. I'm just sure they are total crap and noone will even mod them. Especially easy and normal diffs.
sakebi
Mapping is really fun, I just need to learn how to make my maps not bad.
Halliday

deetz wrote:

mapping is fun (sometimes)
Deetz nuts
DestinySonata
Mapping is really fun.

Ranking however... is a different story.
DeletedUser_4329079
I try to map as much as I can but I always end up getting stuck so I can never finish anything.
Grim Rapper
The only thing that prevent me for mapping (because I'm no professional)is mainly:
1. Manual BPM setting (so tedious, is there any alternative I wonder...)
2. Abbreviation and other things that I didn't understand(SV, 1/2, 1/3 I don't understand)
3. There's so many things to do, but can't really tell the actual phase of it (like step-by-step or something)
4. Unwritten rule about certain things (maintaining the flow, set a fitting AR, CS, and OD for each difficulty [FAQ is not related], and other)

Is there anything that can help me solve this problem, then I'll map right away
Rhonin
do you even map bruh?
Come[Back]Home
Well atfer school mapping is my 2nd life. I map whenever i have i some freetime and feel like it. Why do i map?
Because there are so so so many good songs out there which deserve a Map, and since there are so many japanese songs already im mainly focusing on House, DnB, Hardstyle etc.
Mapping can be really fulfilling as well, whenever you start a new map youre like "How the hell am i supposed to map that" then you map it like 2 times and just now how to map it. Its an awesome feeling. And the feeling to contribute something to the game itself is really amazing, and thats where all the fun comes from, as a mapper youre actually keeping the game alive. Mapping is love, mapping is life.
Yuudachi-kun
I never plan to map or interact with that terrible community.
[Paradoxum]
Tried to map back then. But because of the difficulty in fixing things, timing, etc, I gave up mapping. If i had the talent in mapping and if I'm just persevere I would have made lots of beatmaps. Edited:[Didn't even published my beatmaps cuz the community may pass by and give out critics, which I'm not good to handle.]
P.S. I think you need kudosu to advertise your maps or something like that and many in the beatmap threads don't accept newbie modders so you can't earn much. ? >.< I think[?]
[Paradoxum]

Grim Rapper wrote:

The only thing that prevent me for mapping (because I'm no professional)is mainly:
1. Manual BPM setting (so tedious, is there any alternative I wonder...)
2. Abbreviation and other things that I didn't understand(SV, 1/2, 1/3 I don't understand)
3. There's so many things to do, but can't really tell the actual phase of it (like step-by-step or something)
4. Unwritten rule about certain things (maintaining the flow, set a fitting AR, CS, and OD for each difficulty [FAQ is not related], and other)

Is there anything that can help me solve this problem, then I'll map right away
Gotta agree with this :D
show more