forum

I cannot replay. There is no "Watch Replay" now.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iUltim4te
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/4856240
Like this. It started when it updated. :cry:
mulraf
same thing here. but this doesn't belong in 'gameplay & rankings' but in the help & bug whatever forum :x
sayonara_sekai
this happens if you exit the song too fast after finishing, the replay wont save
Fex
I think you're unable to replay your own plays after 1 month have passed, I am not quite sure, but Sayonara_Sekai may be right :D
Endaris

Fex wrote:

I think you're unable to replay your own plays after 1 month have passed, I am not quite sure, but Sayonara_Sekai may be right :D
Wrong.
They're saved on your local harddrive so there's no reason for it to get deleted.

Make sure you access the play through your Local Rankings, if you access it through Global Ranking or one of the Supporter-only Rankings the Watch Replay-Button won't show up unless your replay is also saved on the server.
Rurree
This is true, even the rank 1 plays on the global rankings don't have any "Watch Replay" on them.
Pawsu
I think we've established that the new update caused this. I think it will get fixed soon.

You can view your local replays in your osu! folder as seen here: osu!>Data>R - Note that it is a hidden folder.
Please refer to Help if you have a question like such... Not Gameplay and Rankings.
sayonara_sekai

Endaris wrote:

Fex wrote:

Wrong.
They're saved on your local harddrive so there's no reason for it to get deleted.

Make sure you access the play through your Local Rankings, if you access it through Global Ranking or one of the Supporter-only Rankings the Watch Replay-Button won't show up unless your replay is also saved on the server.
no its not wrong because it has happened to me dozens of times when I exit immediately after finishing a song.
"They're saved on your local harddrive so there's no reason for it to get deleted."
it doesn't get deleted lol, it just never gets saved.
Endie-
I've experienced something similar after the new update. Just stay put
N0thingSpecial
it happens every time the game decide to refresh it's maps for no apparent reason
-Makishima S-
no its not wrong because it has happened to me dozens of times when I exit immediately after finishing a song.
"They're saved on your local harddrive so there's no reason for it to get deleted."
it doesn't get deleted lol, it just never gets saved.
Never experienced this kind of thing and while playing normally i don't even check scoreboard unless it's some good kind of play - so i leave without triggering scoreboard by spamming esc, yet all my replays are there, working perfectly.
I think you should buy better toaster 8-)
sayonara_sekai
my computer prolly cost more than your entire setup including monitors and table
-Makishima S-

sayonara_sekai wrote:

my computer prolly cost more than your entire setup including monitors and table
I don't see anything to be proud of if your "so omgwtfbbq pc" cannot even handle saving replays from osu!.
Apperently my setup is better 8-)
sayonara_sekai
yeah im sure its my pc, a game cant have bugs after all. maybe i should install linux and play tuxracer3D & code instead :D
-Makishima S-

sayonara_sekai wrote:

yeah im sure its my pc, a game cant have bugs after all. maybe i should install linux and play tuxracer3D & code instead :D
I think it's not the game when you are in high minority of players who experience this (you are alone with this one specific issue of not saving replays? seems like :D)
And now Astromenace > Tuxracer.
Linux is love, linux is life.
I don't deny that i use windows if i must tho.
The Gambler
Pretty sure F2 is a solution to your problems.
winber1

Endaris wrote:

Wrong.

I have no idea how long replays will last, but they do get deleted. I have many many MANY songs from songs I've obviously played and have ranks on that the replays have disappeared from. Some local plays don't even show up on my list anymore, but most just show up without the ability for me to watch them again. Of course as said above, pressing F2 in the results will actually save the replay for good, but if you don't replays just come and go, unless that replay is one of the top plays of the scoreboard.

Or peppy changed how replays worked, but from what it seems nothing major has changed.
Endaris
Well, my oldest working replay is this one:

So idk.
Unless you're on CE and your scores get wiped due to some shit or you reinstall osu! your scores won't get deleted.
The only reason I don't have replays from 2010 available is that there wasn't a replay feature included in the game back then. (and i didn't play in the meantime)
Your replays are saved in the (invisible) Data/r/ inside of your osu!-folder. Just order by Date Changed to see what your oldest replay is and doubleclick...
And no, none of my 2013 were saved via F2, I didn't even know about that back in the day.

/edit:
There's a bug about Replay-Buttons merely not DISPLAYING on older skins(fixed on CE now). So you should still be capable of clicking the spot.
Or just switch to a hot and new skin like the default one.
Topic Starter
iUltim4te
it works now with new update and i was using a differebt skin that was a skin bug