forum

[Archived] Fullscreen mode, but actually Windowed

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rio-
Problem Details:
ok, so idk if this problem already posted or not... But since an update back in January. My Client run in fullscreen (Borderless) even if the Fullscreen mode turned on. Knowing this kinda a bit annoying since my PC lags as hell because of too much CPU process used by osu!.exe alone. Using compatibility mode doesn't help much because It makes the game has a lot of input lags even it doesn't use that much process.

Well, perhaps you can try replicate this by using the stable (latest) build, disable compatibility mode and use Fullscreen mode, and try alt+tabbing. It didn't minimize as it should like in the usual programs run in fullscreen (like most of the games for example). But instead it changes Windows like when You're using windowed mode but Borderless Fullscreen.

fyi, Running osu! on windowed mode are a lot of cpu-killer for me than with Fullscreen. So if anyone can find the fix for this that'll be appreciated?
(Tried Compatibility mode and Stable (Fallback) yeah i know. But I just want to point this out. And Running with other resolution just makes my Intel Driver stopped working because the driver has some issues with running a fullscreen program with different resolution used + I already updated the driver. )

tl;dr when using Fullscreen mode and matching resolution with monitor. osu! actually runs in windowed mode and borderless resolution, but it still shows fullscreen mode and Native resolution. Try replicating with Windows key or Alt+Tab and you'll see osu!.exe didn't minimize as it should be but instead It changing windows.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
I'll be glad if I can provide Video or Screenshot. But I can't do that atm. Showing the way to Replicate it is enough i guess.

osu! version: 20160403.4
Nyari
This seems to have something to do with the "confine mouse cursor" option, with "never" turned on, I get the same issue described. With the option "always", I am unable to replicate.