forum

Super Meat Boy

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mashley
Since like everyone has this game, and the level editor's coming out soon which will be GREAT, I thought we should have a thread for it.
How far have you completed it? Number of bandages? :P
Two_old
Couple of levels until I could no longer tolerate the horrible controls.
adam2046

Two wrote:

horrible controls.
:/
rust45
I only played the demo, which had a lot of content, and I unlocked Gish, but I thought he was pretty useless compared to meat boy. I would buy it but I want to save money atm. But I didn't really find the controls that bad at all, I found almost all of my error came from myself.
Loginer

Two wrote:

Couple of levels until I could no longer tolerate the horrible controls.
The controls are absolutely flawless. If the game's too difficult for you, just say so without making up excuses.

I'm currently at the world 6 boss. Still can't find the motivation to finally clear the game after being stuck on 6-5 for what felt like hours.
MistaCloudStrife
N is more fun. SMB does make it more interesting by adding in different game elements though. N+ was just amazing because(after the learning curve) you can pull off some amazing moves, look like a badass despite dated graphics and have fun doing it. SMB is tons fast, which is cool, I don't mind, it's just when you make it that fast you take away strategy from the game and you're forced to use trial and error and learning timed patterns. I don't like that much.
awp

Two wrote:

horrible controls.
yeah that is actually kind of a funny statement

I've only played the first world+dark world and world 2. Missing one bandage from world 1, which I haven't checked the Internet for.

The game will chop for me once every 2 minutes or so, which will pretty much end the current attempt, but since the average lifespan of a character in that game is 12 seconds it's not much of a drawback. I just haven't been playing it a whole lot, but it's good.
Mara
World 4, I think. 5/5.
CheeseWarlock
Funny how I find this thread immediately after beating the Light World

Now for all the post-game content. ;___;
xerxes_oli
this game is too hard for me, i wish there was a weenie, or sausage mode lol
awp

xerxes_oli wrote:

There is, it's called New Super Mario Bros Wii

actually I love NSMBW but some of the people I love playing it with think they're somehow "above" it because of Super Meat Boy

but SMB came before SMB so SMB is really just a wannabe
Mara

awp wrote:

but SMB came before SMB so SMB is really just a wannabe
Super Mario Bros came before Super Mario Bros so Super Mario Bros...

or

Super Meat Boy came before Super Meat Boy so Super Meat Boy...
Lesjuh
At the final boss of the game, also completed dark world 1. And I only grabbed about 15 bandages :'D
-Xero-

xerxes_oli wrote:

Super Tofu Boy
Topic Starter
Mashley

-Xero- wrote:

xerxes_oli wrote:

Super Tofu Boy
No dude, tofu boy is impossible mode :o
0_o
So I'm pretty sure the final boss is physically impossible.

EDIT 10 minutes later: WOWWW, I've been at this for the last two days and I JUST figured it out now. GO ME.