forum

Halozy - Kikoku Doukoku Jigokuraku

posted
Total Posts
show more
Makan1
please stop it. just please please stop it. im done with this bullshit. stop. please. stop.

get the fuck out
Shoga

mithew wrote:

just rank anything "playable" at this point
I agree, then |\/|!G|)3 's maps should get...
anna apple

Makan1 wrote:

can u not ?
Akasha-
lol
Comet
Going to give my thoughts on this early so there's less drama bullshit involved.

While I will admit I am no expert mapper (I barely know the core basics of "hey you place shit on white/blue/red ticks, go make a simple piece of art"), I can't resist publicly saying the fact that in an up-and-coming new era of mapping, where some people are doing kinkier and kinkier styles (monstrata's Delta Decision, this map, HW's other maps, Shiirn's Routing, Pomuta's Ryoushi no Umi no Lindwurm, spro's maps, akali's maps, etc.,) it's getting harder and harder to push these maps to qualified if desired because they still have to follow criteria (some of which is extremely questionable, and is written in such a way that causes many mappers to argue and spill controversy like a fucking open bottle of Sunny D,) that's (dare I say) outdated and/or far too strict. I could give this map to many players like Haxwell, White Wolf, Toy, probably even bahamete, Kynan, the list goes on, and they would ALL be very content playing this map, because while the difficulty structure is unique and uncommon in the world of osu! beatmaps, it offers lots of fun as a result of trying to figure out where to go on the sliders that people are going to freak out over.

Think of the sliders like a puzzle board, or a maze. While that concept is exactly what causes controversy, if you look at it from a fun standpoint, it's entertaining as all hell and induces people to try and have fun in a strategic sort of way, which is why I enjoy Hollow Wings. Her maps offer this, which is unique (quite possibly) only to her.

Another example is none other than Big Black. If you'll excuse the cringe, Big Black is styled the same way, although the "puzzle board" feel is diminished greatly, it still exists and can be understood on the spiderweb slider sections, which makes you go "ooo that was cool, pretty fun too". Case in point, with both playing and mapping: If you take things too seriously and limit yoursel(ves), then you'll tilt to all hell and go "THIS MAP IS FUCKING GARBAGE" when in reality, it might not be so. I maybe get the feeling this is what Akali would have said himself if he wasn't as lazy as he was when posting here at the time he did.

Switching the overview to a more general one, I really want to push for a community gathering somewhere (Discord, Slack, etc.) where (mostly) everybody can meet a middle ground and talk to each other about reforming the ranking criteria. Not just the dev team and moderators, but EVERY SINGLE loved mapper/BAT/QAT member that is currently active as well. If you (and by you, I mean we, we as a collective group of people, along with the staff) reform the criteria to be less restrictive, more admitting to unique styles like the mappers and maps I mentioned above, and generally recreated with FUN as the emphasized word (and I'm completely serious with the size of the criteria, if it's this massive wall of text spanning pages and pages then in my eyes we're not doing it right), then there IS very much a chance that it could allow for a refreshing change of pace, in both maps and mapping styles.

Again, this is my view in particular and it's super subjective, so take it with a grain of salt. But I'm tired (and I think a large chunk of the community is too) seeing drama arise simply because someone wants to be different.

Although this analogy is tense to the point of inappropriateness (or near inappropriateness), do the logical, smart, happy, and willing people of this planet put down homosexual/bisexual individuals, or individuals of a different skin color? Of course they fucking don't, and I think personally that the same idea applies to mappers like Hollow Wings. Just because her maps are very different (in playstyle and in execution), doesn't mean putting her down for it is a good idea, which is why, again, I wish to push for that criteria reformation. There's a definite harshness line between telling an individual to be open to subjectivity and telling them that their map is (essentially) fucking garbage and to just remap the entire thing (or large portions of it).

If I get a profile silence for this or something, then whatever; so be it. But I wrote this post with as much emotion and logical thinking as I could, and that's what matters to me.

I'll let people combat the flaws in this post or the post in it's entirety (or agree with the points i made/the entire post) now. Gonna go back and sit in my thinking corner and wonder why very fucking few people tend to speak up and/or agree with each other about the criteria or anything else that makes them uncomfortable, like an employee complaining about working in an unsafe environment

Thank you for putting your time in to read this everyone, good day to you all <3
Winnie
I'll sum it up. Quit being judgmental and just let it happen ya boosted faking animals. One more map wouldn't be the bane of osu! existence. I shall take my leave
orbital gun

Makan1 wrote:

please stop it. just please please stop it. im done with this bullshit. stop. please. stop.

get the fuck out
These sliders are by no means unreadable, they have very clear starts and very clear ends

As many times as they do cross borders, the blanketing is very clear and every border is visible.

I'm sorry but none of these images really represent anything that's massively confusing or massively hard to read.

And if you think they are then stop complaining mindlessly and actually try to find some objective reasoning as to why they're impossible to read, dont just refer to some rule that you dont fully comprehend and post images that you clearly dont fully comprehend as well

Akali wrote:

hello reddit
Comet

Kocari wrote:

I'll sum it up. Quit being judgmental and just let it happen ya boosted faking animals. One more map wouldn't be the bane of osu! existence. I shall take my leave
i like this guy
Coin
Interested to see where this goes
-Makishima S-
So many haters, yet i bet 99% of you will not even download this map. You still talk so much about this, hate, judge like you are in... idk... top100 gameplay level able to actually execute this map in the right way. Axa for example ekhm... almost FC this, had iirc 1 sliderbreak and 0 misses? Possible to FC? Possible.
Map doesn't break any ranking criteria rules, everything is in place.
Hate because this map is diffrent from normal farm tv sizes and you need insane precise to follow up sliders or use "catch slider point" strat to make it happend?
Mapping is not a bsns, nobody pays people for mapping. Mappers do this for players and if there are players who likes the map, more, if map is playable and doesn't break any rules, any words like "i don't want this ranked" is just stupid.

Stop being boosted animals, damn idiots with "sheep follow" syndrome and just enjoy your maps what you like.

If you don't like it - don't play it. Simple.

Ranked or not, it will not ruin your gameplay.

#SupportingThisMap
stryver12

[Taiga] wrote:

So many haters, yet i bet 99% of you will not even download this map. You still talk so much about this, hate, judge like you are in... idk... top100 gameplay level able to actually execute this map in the right way. Axa for example ekhm... almost FC this, had iirc 1 sliderbreak and 0 misses? Possible to FC? Possible.
Hate because this map is diffrent from normal farm tv sizes and you need insane precise to follow up sliders or use "catch slider point" strat to make it happend?

#SupportingThisMap
Krimsu

[Taiga] wrote:

#SupportingThisMap

It is really amazing how Koigokoro and Daidai Genome fanboys are talking shit about fun map
#HWFTW
Endaris
Try including a map-skin that contains giant flashing sliderticks so people know where they have to aim during those "sliders"
moya

Endaris wrote:

Try including a map-skin that contains giant flashing sliderticks so people know where they have to aim during those "sliders"
the sliders are perfectly readable and completely fine without a map skin
Monstrata
I think you're supposed to play the sliders xD. The slider-tick aiming idea is just a clever way to cheese the pattern.
Endaris
It was mentioned several times that the slidershapes have nothing to do with the song.
They're just eyecandy aside from "fast moving sliderball fitting" what I heard as the only pro-argument from a gameplayperspective. It moves fast regardless of cursor movement so whatever.
Aiming for the ticks is the only reasonable way to play the sliders as they have a lot of quickturns and the sliderball moves too fast to identify where you have to move as the sliderpath isn't clear on first sight due to the shitload of overlaps. Only way around it is to play the sliderpath from memory but that can't really be the consequence if the map is supposed to be ranked.
Shoga
Inspired by HW
fieryrage
alright i'm just gonna throw my two cents in here in a sort of mod but not really

personally, the hitsounds are great except for the sliderslide sound during the slow parts -- the sort of scraping sound that it has going is pretty irritating on my ears. obviously not a huge issue in terms of rankability, but considering some sliderticks are "mapped" to hitsounds it'd probably be better just to replace it with something less irritating. or i could be the only one who thinks this and i'm just retarded, that works as well

00:12:429 (1) - you could get away with extending this slider to the blue tick, it'd kind of look pretty cool imo but your choice
00:37:784 (5) - nc this, it's the only pattern like this that doesn't have this nc'd afaik

the only issues i was really encountering during the first two kiai fast slider parts were the repeat sliders, really. the difficult part about those is basically because you're trying to read an entirely different slider for the first time (second time, technically), which leads to a lot of breaks. however, it's part of the map's gimmick and it only happens twice. they're still more than playable the way they are right now, though, if not entirely sightreadable to everyone.

no other comments on the in-between parts, those are good as they are at the moment (and i'm too lazy to skim for more nc issues if there even are any).

for the ending sliders (04:58:881 (1) - to about 05:20:558 (1) - or whatever around that area) these are perfectly playable except 05:11:268 (1) - which is really the only "confusing" slider on sightread, mainly due to this area of the slider. if you don't believe me this is my sightread of the map. skip to about five minutes for the part i'm talking about. saying these sliders are unplayable is pretty clearly wrong, with that one exception i mentioned (which even then isn't a bad thing, do you seriously expect to sightread fc a map like this first try?). but then again, everyone's able to do different things; maybe some people managed to sightread that slider but not the others. who knows. point being, just because it's unplayable to you does not mean it's unplayable for everyone else. and if you say "oh but the slider's too fast it breaks ranking critiera and its ugly!!" like some people are apparently saying, then you might as well unrank this and this then (the former actually has more fast sliders than this map, by the way).

for a last point 05:48:042 (5,1) - sliderend of 5 doesn't overlap perfectly and i got triggered sory 4 nazi

yeah. that's about it. the map's definitely grown on me a lot since i first looked at it. looking forward to seeing the inevitable shitstorm post-qualification.
moya

Shoga wrote:

Inspired by HW
thx for the helpful post my friend
Fatfan Kolek

Makan1 wrote:

get the fuck out
where's your problem? 8)
orbital gun

Fyre wrote:

Shoga wrote:

Inspired by HW
thx for the helpful post my friend
thx for helpful post my friend
Akiyama Mizuki
Introducing sliders,
Mindwaves
"When the approach circle closes around the head of the slider, click and hold the trigger button... and FOLLOW THE SLIDER BALL to the end of the track."

Great job! you have potential.
Tarrasky
surrealism in osu
idke
all these sliders starting on BLUE TICKS
its killing me
Plutia

I'm definitely no expert but hey that map is pretty good
Caput Mortuum
not hating but

really?
-GN
add "wailing lamenting hell music" to tags? it's the translation of the title and the only thing i remember about the song

e: lol next post, you don't know how to play it =/= unplayable. know your damn limits
Zel
Notch Hell Mod
What are all these major SVs doing in a 5 star map?

01:51:526 (3) - Unplayable SV, change
01:53:074 (1) - ^
01:56:171 (1) - ^
01:59:268 (1) - ^
02:00:816 (1) - ^
02:01:590 (3) - ^
02:02:364 (1) - ^
02:04:106 (1) - ^
02:05:461 (1) - ^
02:08:558 (1) - ^
02:11:655 (1) - ^
02:13:203 (1) - ^
02:13:977 (3) - ^
02:14:752 (2) - ^
02:17:848 (1) - ^
02:20:945 (1) - ^
02:24:042 (1) - ^
02:24:816 (2) - ^
02:27:139 (1) - ^
02:28:687 (1) - ^
02:30:235 (1) - ^

You should probably change these if you want this ranked, any QAT with a normal brain wouldn't bubble this. Otherwise, fantastic map :D
Caput Mortuum
^ it's bubbled tho xD
Endaris
Maybe there are implications that Chaoslitz doesn't have a normal brain.
Aside from that: There's never a reason to not post a mod, regardless of bubble/qualification status or whatever.
moya

Zel wrote:

Notch Hell Mod

You should probably change these if you want this ranked, any QAT with a normal brain wouldn't bubble this. Otherwise, fantastic map :D
i can't move my cursor fast enough to hit the sliders so they are unplayable in general and everything should be changed to cater to my needs
SFGrenade

Fyre wrote:

Zel wrote:

Notch Hell Mod

i can't move my cursor fast enough to hit the sliders so they are unplayable in general and everything should be changed to cater to my needs
Then why don't you tell us your needs?

sarcasm/irony
Zel

Fyre wrote:

Zel wrote:

Notch Hell Mod

Considering its a 5* song the sliders are just unfitting and unexpected, they don't belong in this difficulty.
stryver12

Zel wrote:

Considering its a 5* song the sliders are just unfitting and unexpected, they don't belong in this difficulty.
You don't rate a song based on SR... orz
Zel

stryver12 wrote:

Zel wrote:

You don't rate a song based on SR... orz
So by this logic I could map a 4* song with 8* jumps 3 times through out the song and if it was "done well" it could be ranked? I think not :lol: People would be saying the exact same thing I'm saying, unexpected and unfitting. Something does not belong :o
stryver12

Zel wrote:

So by this logic I could map a 4* song with 8* jumps 3 times through out the song and if it was "done well" it could be ranked? I think not :lol: People would be saying the exact same thing I'm saying, unexpected and unfitting. Something does not belong :o
The problem is star rating doesnt take slider velocity and slider gimmicks as much as jumps. Thats why it's way underrated as of now. Nerfing all of the sliders to fit 5* would kill the whole concept of the map. (SB, aim track gimmick)

If star rating does take slider gimmicks into consideration and recalculated the map to 6.5* zone, will that solve the problem?
WORSTPOLACKEU
I am just wondering why the sliders end on strong beats for no reason, this is just mindfucking.
04:16:300 (2,3) - 04:17:558 (2,4) -
Why are some of these like this, this just plays HORRIBLY.

I like the fast sliders but jesus atleast if you make them make the parts between them actually flow well into those not gimmicky random placement. Like 03:47:461 (4,1) - That makes no sense, and is flowing horribly into that fast slider.
03:53:848 (1,1) - Not a perfect blanket but ot what is of concern. Why would it be that instead of the rhythm that was used before?
03:58:687 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This whole part just doesn't flow well and is more prone to sliderbreaks than the fast sliders, what was the thought behind this apart from making it look neat?

I'll mod this thoroughly soon..
Genjuro
very good map
CLSW
I'm noob at std with having 7 digit pp rank, but at least clearly I can see the direction of those sliders. I think they are readable enough.

People don't hate to change, just people are afraid to change.
show more