Bara- wrote:

This map is a masterpiece
Signum

Bara- wrote:

This map is a masterpiece
This map's storyboard is a masterpiece
Congratulations
Circle
Shouldn't number of ticks increase to discourage merely following slider ticks? I'm guessing that the playstyle's not what HW intended.
Endaris
Considering that most of the sliderspecific shapes have no immediately intended gameplayvalue but a lot of visual value and as some people said also the "fast sliderballmovement matching the song" there is no inherent reason to think that the amount of sliderticks affects the idea of this map in any way.#
Given how penible HW is I don't think that this would've been missed.

Then again, it's positive that this got ranked and also very positive that this stayed in WIP for ages considering its popularity (for one or the other reason).
Blitzfrog
This is a masterpiece, we need more mappers like HW.

Dunno what you guys are mad about, it fits the song, the song is fast, the storyboard is made TOO perfect

In fact...

He is exploring an area in osu! that hasn't been explored, I don't understand what people are being so mad about. If there was a "defined" way of mapping, peppy would've just done it himself. He didn't do this because a)More beatmaps are made this way and b)Osu! community can come up with ideas that he doesn't have. This is how you revolutionise a game, by doing something like this. People only hating because they are not used to it. In the future, this might be one of the "common ways" of mapping, and when it's so, we should call it "Hollow SV mapping" ,lol, because he is the one who took the first step of courage to change.

When I joined osu! start of this year, I saw an update which made SV less significant for star and pp calculations. This is exactly the type of map I wanted to create at that time just to mock that update.
Circle

Endaris wrote:

Considering that most of the sliderspecific shapes have no immediately intended gameplayvalue but a lot of visual value and as some people said also the "fast sliderballmovement matching the song" there is no inherent reason to think that the amount of sliderticks affects the idea of this map in any way.#
Given how penible HW is I don't think that this would've been missed.

Then again, it's positive that this got ranked and also very positive that this stayed in WIP for ages considering its popularity (for one or the other reason).
I'm sorry, but it's hard to understand what you are saying here.

What I get from your statement is that slider ticks have no effect on what HW is trying to portray through this beatmap (please correct me if I'm wrong).

However, I find that statement hard to believe. I'm sure HW placed those sliders in shapes that portray the idea of the beatmap. For example, the zigzag pattern slider is seen everytime a cat meow is heard. I find this setup very fitting. From this, I infer that HW expect players to find the flow of the beatmap by following the slider shape patterns. As you may already know, the lack of slider ticks on each corner of the slider shape caused some players to try out a different playstyle called "slider tick cheesing." There's a play by Mafham that shows how this can be done. What I've seen from the play is that it blatantly ignores the flow of the map that HW tried to create. Of course, the play by Mafham is not the most serious one and is supposedly intended to mock the system that allows such play. I believe that similar plays that do not follow the flow of the beatmap can be avoided if we add more slider ticks. With more slider ticks, players would have to follow the slider shape, directing them toward the flow of the beatmap. While slider ticks indeed do not have an effect for players following the sliders, it would change the playstyle of players choosing to use "slider tick cheesing" playstyle.

I looked at the map with tick rate of 2 instead of 1 and the ticks follow the slider shape a lot better.
Pachiru
so much hating out there that god could become a devil too lol
hi-mei
Still better than Monstrata's maps I assume.
Kayla
congrats on ranking your gimmick map without aspire
Zetera
Congratulations!
fieryrage
fuck yea
Arphimigon
Epic
LigerZero
*grab pop corn with watching drama*
Bara-
It happened
Kathex
wow nice, now sliders like a chinese character at super speeds are rankeable, good news to get out of PP meta style
Rilene
sarcasm
Taj
­ ­