forum

Keyboard players : what's your keyboard ?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Naikaze

Saint wrote:

Laptop keyboard. If I get a real keyboard will I stream faster?
Nope, laptop keybs best keys <3
Blaziken
Flat-ass (like the mac ones..) keyboard.
Ranzeus
I'm using laptop .__.
lazy to play on my pc :|
Xylem Beer
BlackWidow with Cherry MX Blue mechanical key switch, feels great for me
ixsq
I use a Razer Nostromo (http://a.tgcdn.net/images/products/addi ... _inuse.jpg)

It's a bit on the expensive side, but I got it as a gift and it works great. I find it a lot more comfortable than using Z&X on a keyboard.
Yin
I use a Ducky with cherry MX brown switches.
AWESOME-SAMA
My keyboard is a piece of shit.
Espionage724
IBM Model M with dyed keycaps and painted body (not really too impressive work on the body though):

I'm getting a CM QuickFire Rapid (Blue) soon :)
Nazo_old
I just use my trusty old fashioned keyboard from liiike

3-4 years ago?

It's gotten me through the worst of struggles and situations and the like.

I'm too cool for a high-tech keyboard. :B
Kanye West

Espionage724 wrote:

IBM Model M with dyed keycaps and painted body (not really too impressive work on the body though):

I'm getting a CM QuickFire Rapid (Blue) soon :)
Nice! The Model M is such a cool keyboard, totally jelly.
Cylencer
Microsoft Sidewinder x4. Not a mechanical keyboard, but the keys are nice to press and its anti-ghosting feature helps in osu!mania
DX5536
I'm using Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard. It's pretty good but expensive.
Rokk
Using the Logitech G110 here. Basically a standard keyboard as far as pressing them goes. No red or blue switches. Works great, but it makes very fast streams pretty hard, so I sometimes plug in an old PS/2 IBM keyboard with blue switches. (I think that was the one where the keys really click down, you're not pushing down on air like red switches)
dMaxb
Mechanical cherry MX reds
noppoo choc mid
Giralda
Started out with default keyboards, moved to Razer Lycosa at one point. Then got tired of it (in less than a year), moved to Razer BlackWidow. My parents are rather annoyed at the loudness of the BlackWidow :c so no more late night osu! for me *sigh*
Staiain
My keyboard is a QPAD MK-80 with brown switches, I've gotten som legendary stepmania scores on it so its ability to have perfect response and durability is unrivalled, I can definitely recommend one if you're loaded with cash
fab89
I use the Zowie Celeritas, it has cherry MX-Brown, i like its sober design and its performance aswell. Is not that cheap but if you're on budget it's a good choice :)
EmperorBB
DAS Professional Keyboard. MX Blue switches. It's way better than any keyboard I've used before (I like blue more than black), got it last year mainly for osu!.
TakuMii
Just got a Logitech G710+ (MX Brown). Pretty expensive keyboard, but I got it for half off. Amazing deal.
I took off the pre-installed O-rings as the reduced travel distance of the keys has caused extra strain on my fingers.

Teraku wrote:

Using the Logitech G110 here. Basically a standard keyboard as far as pressing them goes. No red or blue switches. Works great, but it makes very fast streams pretty hard, so I sometimes plug in an old PS/2 IBM keyboard with blue switches. (I think that was the one where the keys really click down, you're not pushing down on air like red switches)
The colors refer to Cherry MX-brand switches. The old IBM keyboards had buckling-spring switches, which feel different and require a bit more force compared to blue switches.
Kiriino

Trust GXT 18

Sucks though, need a better keyboard
Futurola
Dont use my kb for osu, but it's a great keyboard. Filco black switches.
Liondecker
Sidewinder X4, I can stream fast on it and the LEDs are pretty. I wish it was louder though, whilst keeping the same feel.
Illkryn
MiDNiGhT2903
CM Storm QuickFire Rapid with MX Red Switch.
Woohooo
Aka
laptop keyboard lol
theramdans
HP Mini keyboard lol
hinamizawan
Looks like amazon.uk doesn't seem to get CM QuickFire TK red switches in stock, not sure if I wait for re-stock or buy a red switch Filco Majestouch, although I'm afraid of getting a Filco keyboard just for osu! and then breaking it in few years.
sunnywkn
SteelSeries 6GV2 (red)
qlum
Steelseries G6v2 (black)
Just to add it in there even though the black cheries where the only ones available at the time with this keyboard. reds and blacks are not that different, reds are just a tiny bit light which really isn't that big a deal if you smash already smash the keys much harder then needed.
Oinari-sama
Oh I got a question for the owners of 6Gv2. I read quite a few complaints about the key cap printing fading away rather fast. Can someone comfirm/deny the problem?

A current photo of your 6Gv2 keys + how long you've owned it will be much appreciated!
mathexpert
I use a Xarmor u9plus keyboard~
qlum

Oinari-sama wrote:

Oh I got a question for the owners of 6Gv2. I read quite a few complaints about the key cap printing fading away rather fast. Can someone comfirm/deny the problem?

A current photo of your 6Gv2 keys + how long you've owned it will be much appreciated!
Well I can tell you at least for my version those claims are bogus because the print is laser edged instead of just printed on they should not fade of for a very long time (it could be that they changed that in later versions), I have mine for about 8 months and see no fading at all. I have had other keyboards where they did start to fade quite fast so I know what to look for. One problem I do have but that's something almost all keyboards have is that the plastic starts shining quite fast, after a few months they already started shining and now all my somewhat commonly used keys have it. I also heard Steelseries is quite nice when its about replacements so if you even have fading key prints you can just go through their support and they will most likely just send you new keys.
Full Tablet

qlum wrote:

Oinari-sama wrote:

Well I can tell you at least for my version those claims are bogus because the print is laser edged instead of just printed on they should not fade of for a very long time (it could be that they changed that in later versions), I have mine for about 8 months and see no fading at all. I have had other keyboards where they did start to fade quite fast so I know what to look for. One problem I do have but that's something almost all keyboards have is that the plastic starts shining quite fast, after a few months they already started shining and now all my somewhat commonly used keys have it. I also heard Steelseries is quite nice when its about replacements so if you even have fading key prints you can just go through their support and they will most likely just send you new keys.
Why people don't like when their key caps start to shine with use. I usually use the different texture in my X key to find it faster just before the end of a break in the middle of a song.
Babukus
I'm using a Logitech G19 keyboard and have been using it for about 2 years. It's nice but whenever my computer sleeps the backlight resets to white and I can't change it again, so I have to restart my computer (if anyone knows a solution please tell me).
Onozu
Black Hornet MKA-3 Mechanical Keyboard, Cherry Blue switch
Antero
i change them on a weekly basis

Pizzicato

Antero wrote:

i change them on a weekly basis
wow.
Kalas_old
razer blackwidow tournament edition
the tounament edition doesnt have those useless number pad, which is good for me because I dont have much space on my table.
Also its very loud ( I dont hear anything if I put my headsets on and play osu!) I wake my whole family up if I would play this at night lol
FrzR
just a standard acer laptop keyboard. Practically my system is a laptop. :3
Built-in keyboard of M18x, It's pretty hard to place such a huge laptop and an extended keyboard together on a desk in a university dorm...
Besides the type of keyboard doesn't affect me that much.
show more