forum

[Archived] Can't input text into chat console

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kouzuki_karen
Problem Details: Sometimes if osu! runs for too long (or even for a while), the chat console will notsubmit anything on any public channel or private message. I can still type text, but the enter key will not work. Also keys such as escape do not close the console.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: the problem is pretty self explanatory, can't really show it in a screenshot. Don't have program to capture this.

osu! version: 20160227.3 (latest) stable fallback
Dntm8kmeeatu
Stable fallback isn't supported anymore. So unless you can replicate on latest or newer. Nothing we can do.
Topic Starter
kouzuki_karen

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Stable fallback isn't supported anymore. So unless you can replicate on latest or newer. Nothing we can do.
I see, that is a bit of a shame since I don't like the latest stable build as it runs too slowly on my system. Thanks anyway.
Cinia Arctica
What system do u have?

Idk osu had a lot of requirements
Topic Starter
kouzuki_karen
my CPU is only a core i3 with Intel HD, however I have heard from friends with higher-spec machines that osu! doesn't run well for them either.

I've tried to close background programs while using the latest stable build but it doesn't seem to improve performance (I can't add a graphics card to this, and I have upgraded RAM capacity/solid state drive for my other applications but I would definitely not expect that to help osu! run more smoothly).
Pawsu
I do recommend trying Conpatiblity mode in Options.
Topic Starter
kouzuki_karen
Hmm, I will try that and see if the problem is resolved. Thanks :3
Topic Starter
kouzuki_karen
update: well, it seems to happen in the beta build too, I will see if it happens in Stable Latest later.