forum

map pack question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NoAccFound
i don't know if this has been asked already but is there a map pack listed with all the short maps in length? for example maps under a min all in one map pack. 2nd question Why isn't there a option to look up maps based on their length, like in category section it has every thing but length of map to be picked. thanks in advance
Deva
http://osusearch.com/

Good luck with zero consistency.
nrl
You can type length<120 at the song select screen to only see maps less than 120 seconds in length.

It works for all the other numbers too, obviously.
Endie-

HK_ wrote:

what HK_ tried to say was that only playing short maps might ruin your consistency. Its a thing you should be aware of
dung eater

Endie- wrote:

HK_ wrote:

what HK_ tried to say was that only playing short maps might ruin your consistency. Its a thing you should be aware of
what he tries to say is that when you don't practice something you don't get good at it

brains don't forget old ways of doing things if you learn a new way, you might just have to dig for the old way for a while
-Makishima S-
I expect OP to come here in a while and cry like a baby why he shake / get nervous while getting 400 combo.

Good luck with zero consistency, don't cry when you will be unable to play long maps which are a HUGE part of higher stars.
nrl

[Taiga] wrote:

long maps which are a HUGE part of higher stars.
Length doesn't actually affect star rating, fyi. Maybe you meant to say pp?
Deva

nrl wrote:

[Taiga] wrote:

long maps which are a HUGE part of higher stars.
It does actually however not very much, that's why tv size maps have diff spikes and full size maps are mostly balanced.
Try placing a simple pattern in editor and then just copy-paste it to see how diff increases slightly the more times you place it.
-Makishima S-
By SDK it does in minor way.

I just mean there is way more long maps in higher star rating pool than shitty ass tv size garbage.
Yuudachi-kun
TV sized maps are too low in star rating for their difficulty, guys. Longer maps with higher stars are generally easier for most of the map.
-Makishima S-

Khelly wrote:

TV sized maps are too low in star rating for their difficulty, guys. Longer maps with higher stars are generally easier for most of the map.
Generaly yes, they are harder in matter of complex patterns density but i wouldn't place them in high star rating since, let's be honest, skill + nerves + consistency to keep up over 2k combo in 5m+ long maps >>>>>>>>>>>> skill + nerves (if ever) + consistency for 1 min map.

All ofc depends on map, somehow there are 4-4,5* tv size maps way more difficult than for example best friends long version.

1min map is waaaaaay easier in matter of being farmable than 5 min map, cmon.
N0thingSpecial
can we just agree that TV-size and marathon maps are hard in their own way and get over it.
-Makishima S-

N0thingSpecial wrote:

can we just agree that TV-size and marathon maps are hard in their own way and get over it.
The hate created by "producers of maps" cannot be calmed that easiely.
WTB 4 min 2k combo TV-Size map and i forgive them everything 8-)
Yuudachi-kun
Does an extended opening shown on TV count as a tv size?
-Makishima S-

Khelly wrote:

Does an extended opening shown on TV count as a tv size?
Good question huh. Point for you.

On serious note - yes, long size + marathon are different from tv-size but to be fairly honest - tv-size will carry you only till certain point and without ability to properly and consistently play long amp/marathons you will just get stuck there.

From other side - long maps / marathons can carry you way higher than only tv-size, at least it looks like that for me since my osu song collection contain in 90% only long maps and marathons and it's still shittons of maps starting from 2* and ending on 8*.

Double time dedicated players can be carried a lot by tv-size since short length being fairly easy to farm up and not draining stamina like long maps.
Yuudachi-kun
Why don't you just play everything
Deva
btw one thing that was never really clear for me
Are all maps >5mins counted as marathons or just really long maps?
-Makishima S-
At least for me it looks like:

Long maps: 3 - 5min
Marathons: 5min+

Below 3 min there are still some random tv-size and short size maps. Long starts normally around 3:30+ and 1k+ combo
Deva
ty ty
N0thingSpecial
I don't think we need a wall of text to distinguish short maps and long maps, just listen to this guy