forum

Confused about map status (such as WIP, Pending and In Progr

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hushu_old
Okay. So I started with my beat map making it a Help/In Progress submission, in the upload on the edit mode, there are only 2 types of submission - which are, if i'm not mistaken, on the left side while submitting saying 'Help/Work In Progress and the one below, which is Pending. Unfortunaty... I have no idea why I come across a word 'WIP' map... Please explain what it is or link me to a explanation of what it is, I searched for word and i came with over 500 results, I also looked up on 4 or 5 pages of the questions in this topic (Works In Progress/Help (General questions, probably that is what it was called). As someone said my map should be a WIP map...
Are there any other types of map 'types' I got to know about other than those three i named, of which one i am confused about? :|

Thank you for writing back and sorry if in any case there was an obvious post about this before!!
Derekku
[quote="The Terms Glossary":157a8]WIP
Acronym for Work In Progress, a beatmap that is, for one reason or another, deemed incomplete by its creator (e.g. incomplete difficulty versions, only one difficulty version, pending correction or suggestions on the timing etc.) WIPs can be submitted through the BSS to the Beatmap Help forum to get comments, feedback and help from mods and other users.If you believe that your mapset is complete, that the timing is absolutely correct, and overall is of a rankable state/quality, then your map should be in Pending. Otherwise, WIP is the place to start. You can ask for mods/help in the #modreqs irc channel or by posting your map in a few modding queues.
LuigiHann
Someday we'll look back at this and laugh. I know I will.
Topic Starter
Hushu_old

LuigiHann wrote:

You are Hopeless :|
James2250

Hushu wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

lol? >_>
Gabi

Hushu wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

hihi ^^
LuigiHann
Sorry, I thought you might have a sense of humor about the fact that you typed out the phrase "Work In Progress" multiple times in your post, and still hadn't come up with any good guesses as to what WIP stands for. I usually think it's kind of funny when somebody points out that an answer has been staring me in the face, but that's just me I suppose.
Deathrain_old
But.. In all seriousness..

WIP (Or "Work in Progress") is used if you're still working on the map. This goes hand in hand with Help. Whenever you are still working on your map, or need help with it, it goes under Work In Progress/Help.

The other option, "Pending" is used if your map is completed and you wish to have it reviewed for approval.

If that's what you're asking. I may have misunderstood the question.
Topic Starter
Hushu_old

LuigiHann wrote:

Sorry, I thought you might have a sense of humor about the fact that you typed out the phrase "Work In Progress" multiple times in your post, and still hadn't come up with any good guesses as to what WIP stands for. I usually think it's kind of funny when somebody points out that an answer has been staring me in the face, but that's just me I suppose.
Mm... you don't know me, and you don't know how I could take that joke, so maybe you shouldn't of written it? This must sound really lame but,... it is so easy to get people hurt mentaly by those kind of comments, even made by friends. That is why I don't think you should be so careless. Put ur self, not in their shoes, but in their mind.
I did get the joke and I've taken it as a joke. But I heard it before so I did not laught at it this time. Instead I made a comment... I said ru hopeless ( :| ) becouse that did not help me or contain an answer to my question, which is the point of a question.
And I don't like laughting at myself. Preferably laughting at things which I think are meant to be funny, but that's just me I suppose... :(
Ruwulo
WIP are Work In Progress
this appear when your beatmap need more work like difficult completion, more difficulties on a music or another more faults on your beatmap
take care of your beatmap
Rivals_7
i dont think you need to tell people from 8 years ago though....................
Veterenc
XD ya pasaron 8 años
Refills

Veterenc wrote:

XD ya pasaron 8 años

don't bump old threads