forum

Your "That one weird habit i have in osu!"

posted
Total Posts
show more
GhostFrog
I normally alternate (badly on everything). On rare occasions, when I get frustrated enough with the start of a map that I think I should be able to FC, I'll try to singletap it. I can't singletap for shit but sometimes it gets me through the start of the map so I can break combo immediately after from my terrible singletapping. If that doesn't work, I'll turn on DT or FL for 1 or 2 attempts and feel demoralized when I fail really quickly.
Multtari

Xayne wrote:

I tilt my head forward, and during really hard songs I will sometimes slightly open my mouth. It's weird.
This. Didn't know i do this until my buddies noticed it at LAN while i playing another game and since that i've been finding myself doing this once in a while. Really weird.
Nakano Itsuki
Weird habits...

Always tilting my body to the right while playing. Not sure if it's a bone issue.
And... always fucking up my pen hand stability and broke combos around 100x before the song ends. T_T
E m i
1. I snap as fast as I can, putting speed above aim
2. Sometimes I just play with relax but tap anyways, pretending that it's my clicks causing the hits and that my hand synchronization is good.
tecu
I stain all the anime girls' mountaintops with smoke during breaks.
Nathan
I start licking my lips during an fc
kaetwo
My leg shakes always after a spinner
otoed1
I hold my mouse at an angle to the left and because of this are unable to consistently do jumps. Also my aim sucks D:. Aim is hands down the hardest part of this game.
E m i

otoed1 wrote:

I hold my mouse at an angle to the left and because of this are unable to consistently do jumps. Also my aim sucks D:. Aim is hands down the hardest part of this game.
>I hold my mouse
>my aim sucks

get it?
pls no h8
ZenithPhantasm
My weird habit is editting every map I want to play to AR10 because I can not read AR9 for the life of me. It's too confusing X_X
mbL1337

Plushies wrote:

I like to change my pen grip on every break, it sucks because I usually end up holding it so loosely it feels like it will fall out of my hand any second.
absolutely this! i hate it! >:(

plus:
when i know i overtook myself in score and the white flash appears on the left i get totally nervous and fail the FC :)
JonQuy

otoed1 wrote:

Someone gets it.
ZenithPhantasm

JonQuy wrote:

otoed1 wrote:

Someone gets it.
I do the same thing but I just never thought of it as weird.
eeezzzeee
Relax mod makes most stuff harder for me because I can't aim as well if I don't click

My brain is dumb like that :D
-sev

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I do the same thing but I just never thought of it as weird.
Because it's not, nobody I've ever seen holds a mouse perfectly straight. It doesn't affect jumps.
Xayne
I realized something when I was playing last night. I curl my toes up tightly and stress the muscles in my legs during high pressure situations. I guess in an attempt to keep me from tensing up in my arms/fingers/wrists, I subconsciously tense up other muscles. I have to say it's pretty successful. I can generally stay pretty loose in the areas that matter.
-sev

Xayne wrote:

I realized something when I was playing last night. I curl my toes up tightly and stress the muscles in my legs during high pressure situations. I guess in an attempt to keep me from tensing up in my arms/fingers/wrists, I subconsciously tense up other muscles. I have to say it's pretty successful. I can generally stay pretty loose in the areas that matter.
I actually do that too sometimes. I press the top part of my right foot against my desk. It somehow feels that by applying pressure on my foot, my hands stay more "relaxed" (?). It's weird, I can't really explain it. Maybe it's just a reaction to the nerves.
I Give Up
I clench my butt when I stream 420bpm.
Arnold0
Hitting my keys realy hard when I feel I can't keep up on streams. Hitting hard when jumping too.
Sometimes tapping to the beat using the two keys at the same time during breaks especialy on songs I realy like.
Readjusting my pen almost every breaks.
I like to spin my cursor everywere in the game and during breaks but on spinner I get slow RPMs.
Almost always lucky 100/50 hit notes after a spinner that seam to be the end of the map.
Checking combo/accuracy/position in MP... while playing and missing.
-Atri-
Moving in circles when snapping notes
xGx

-sev

slainender2013 wrote:

aka not snapping
Xayne

Kaienyuu wrote:

slainender2013 wrote:

aka not snapping
I didn't want to say anything, but when I read that I was like...wut? Then again I'm not entirely convinced that it wasn't sarcasm or a troll post.
Athrun
Everytime i play, i always have to re adjust my laptop and mouse position...
based god lil b
i can't play without having my thumb under my index finger like cookiezi
ikzune
boring map patterns cause me to almost fall asleep and loose combo i has too many wierd habits to think of ._.
piruchan
I tend to cough whenever I'm about to FC things.
-Atri-

Xayne wrote:

Kaienyuu wrote:

aka not snapping
I didn't want to say anything, but when I read that I was like...wut? Then again I'm not entirely convinced that it wasn't sarcasm or a troll post.
To be honest, I dont know what I am saying
Sh0keR
When I get a high combo, I glance at the combo counter and at the same time break it
- Marco -
on extra beatmaps i use HT+SD o.o
Treekii
I can't play osu with my legs on the floor. I have to put my legs in the chair crossed.
AivLiS
I randomly click my mouse once or twice during gameplay.
Yangu
I alternate slow parts and single tap fast parts
ZenithPhantasm
I adjust my mouse grip even if it means I miss if it starts feeling uncomfortable.
vivisiow
I tend to daydream/think deeply when I'm playing OSU....
When I'm bored.:P
Thus causing me to lose combo! :O
Or fail the map......
But 95% of the time I don't fail or lose combo~
So-i somehow can play OSU while daydreaming/thinking which is weird......
:/
:D
ZenithPhantasm

vivisiow wrote:

Or fail the map......
I do the same thing but rather than it being a weird habit I think its just my ADHD (wot attention span?)
NoScreename
I tend to want to S or SS everything when I get a good start.
L Hime
I tilt my head to the right whenever it gets hard for me, it usualy results in horrible neck pain :c

I wear my headphones even though I play with speakers on most times

I tug my shirt during every break even thought the song might be easy

I can't play unless i sit on my left feel and shake my right.
DeletedUser_4823407
When playing with AutoPilot, I always press the smoke key on a spinner.
vivisiow

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

vivisiow wrote:

Or fail the map......
I do the same thing but rather than it being a weird habit I think its just my ADHD (wot attention span?)
I don't have bad attention span tho :/
But wow!i never thought someone would have the same habit as me!:D
show more