forum

Your "That one weird habit i have in osu!"

posted
Total Posts
show more
Shadowyuri
I forget how to hold my Pen every 1-2 Weeks and It drives my crazy till I don't wanna play anymore for 1-2 days.
enik

Shadowyuri wrote:

I forget how to hold my Pen every 1-2 Weeks and It drives my crazy till I don't wanna play anymore for 1-2 days.
Same here..
Kalle_old_1
When I'm doing fairly good, my brain insists that my eyes are dry and I need to start blinking.
Zakdawg
When going for a high acc score i catch myself constantly checking my accuracy in the corner, which often sometimes results in me missing the next note. >_>
Espy_old_1

Zakdawg wrote:

When going for a high acc score i catch myself constantly checking my accuracy in the corner, which often sometimes results in me missing the next note. >_>
This so much.

I tend to spin the cursor and/or quickly alternate keys and click in time to the music during breaks. It kind of helps me mentally prepare for the next section~
I've also recently developed a habit of occasionally spinning the cursor while following long sliders... if that makes sense.

Speaking of spinning, I actually press down onto the tablet itself when doing spinners rather than hovering the pen above the pad and using the keyboard like I do for everything else. As a result, I've got a lovely circular mark on the centre of my tablet from where I've worn down the surface thanks to spinners. xD
7H0R
Whenever I'm going for top 25~ scores, if I'm doing well I'll keep looking at my score and accuracy, and sometimes at my combo. I usually miss notes when I start doing this.

Also like a lot of other people, I spin in places with no spinners sometimes.

During breaks I don't go to chat, I usually just right/left click really quickly to keep my fingers moving (even though I don't even use right click. Left Click + X)

Also sometimes when I'm doing really well, I'll try to adjust my hand on my mouse a lot and scratch my fingers that are on my mouse and rub them on the mousepad and just generally fool around with my mouse hand, which usually results in my missing notes, then rage quitting.
winber1
i like clicking circles.

it's weird
brikepicness
My hand trembles when i get to a hard song... and then i get mad when i miss a single one
buny

winber1 wrote:

i like clicking circles.

it's weird
i like clicking dots.
Kanye West

_agm wrote:

I check the chat during every single break.
I used to do this. Then I realized the chat sucks and it's not worth reading anyways.
Oinari-sama

buny wrote:

winber1 wrote:

i like clicking circles.

it's weird
i like clicking dots.
It's like popping bubble wraps?
Zamura_old

enik wrote:

Shadowyuri wrote:

Same here..
Oh my god, me too. This has got to be the thing that frustrates me the most about trying to get better at this game; I have to relearn my tablet positioning every time I play even though I've been using tablet for half a year at this point.

As far as weird habits; I nearly FC songs way above my limit when I play them the first time, and then can't pass them again for several weeks.
Espionage724

Zakdawg wrote:

This
Yakuyan
I got a lot:

- I blink when I realize myself not blinking often :lol:
- I tap a little tad harder randomly in the middle of the song then it vibrates my desk and my mouse moves :lol:
- When I play a jump map, I tend to not move my mouse a little more than I regularly do.
- If I'm playing Multiplayer, The WHOLE time, I'm nervous.
- During I'm playing I look at the accuracy percentage and score, then I miss :x
- I keep changing my finger placement on my mouse which changes my performance

Biggest:
- I tense my wrist and whole arm when I'm spinning (cuz I suck) and then my fingers on my mouse move and I can't play that well
- I randomly, subconsciously, move my mouse just a tad out of the circle on some random occasions
- I look at the scoreboard, score, accuracy, and combo....During a song :x
_koinuri
Curling up the finger I'm not using so it makes it difficult to use the other one when I suddenly need it.
Using index finger in easy places but switches to middle finger when I need to alternate a lot because of speed.
I play better with video/SB on. I think it helps me memorize the map or something because I suddenly have no clue where the next note will be when I turn them off.

And all the common ones that I'm pretty sure someone else mentioned.
Lust
When outside of my house on my laptop I find myself using the touchpad instead of using an actual mouse even though if one is available.
Kami-nyan

Zakdawg wrote:

; _;

Also:
-doing unusual spins during breaks (making sure if there are incoming spinner)
kiteku
=Moving too fast on slow sliders even if I know they will be slow
=Going through most of a song and missing a note right at the end, which happens a lot more often than I thought
=Not using mods(probably not weird, but I do contradict myself, I want to aim for high ranks but I refuse to use mods, just can't stand using them)
=I never play a song more than once in a row, though coming back a couple songs later is fine, I just feel like I start missing more and more notes the more times I play a song in a row, this leads to me taking a while to beat some songs because I only come back to try every once in a while
=Only playing songs in my skill level(I guess this also isn't weird, but it's weird for me, I used to play songs above my skill level but now I just can't ever get my hands to feel comfortable, it feels like I have no control over the mouse at all)
=Using osu! as my music player, instead of other media players I just turn on osu! and let it do its thing. Besides, I seem to have trouble finding any of the music I want to listen to that I can easily find on osu!
endlessHorizon

Espionage724 wrote:

Zakdawg wrote:

This
this²
Axelyte
When I see a long stream I keep z/x'ing like mad and cause myself to hit the keys to early :S
Xhinryuu
Taking unnessecary turns with my pen on the tablet which makes it harder to hit notes and makes me miss a lot more, Mostly doing it when just derping on easier songs but still it's annoying xD
Ledemaz
When I somehow have my fingers on the zx keys to ready for spa,m ( i play with mouse only usually), during harder maps when i have to keep calm, I get this burning urge to press the buttons, which usually distracts me enough to miss xD
Narufable
Pressing z,x when music is not playing, get fingers stucked and *ked and leave the osu! open all the day 8D
Seadweller_old
I tend to blink a lot or hold my breath a lot throughout a difficult part of a song that I can't get. Or I unfocus my eyes for some reason. Also, my z pressing arm tends to get all stiff and it's difficult to move with the beat .
hinamizawan
I for no reason never put the damn tablet right next to the keyboard, but farther from the mousemat. Making my right arm extend too much and being uncomfortable.
Asx-H
In multiplayer I always tend to look down at what place I am in and end up missing something. Also I can't play with the scoreboard on the left hand side for the same reason.
loldcraft
for PC and especially for osu!droid: spin an invisible spinner while waiting (either for it to load or for the breaks)
winber1
i have a annoying tendency to suck at this game
Winshley
Plushies
I like to change my pen grip on every break, it sucks because I usually end up holding it so loosely it feels like it will fall out of my hand any second.
TakuMii
I have a tendency to change the angle of my wrist while I'm playing, causing my mouse to rotate slightly. This causes my mouse to drift away from its starting position as I play, making it more difficult to play long songs without breaks. It's not much of a bother after getting a mouse with no acceleration though, my DeathAdder would actually fall off my mousepad if I didn't re-adjust during breaks (which is unbelievable, considering my mousepad measures 45cm across).
Prancer
I mute osu! in deathstreams so that way I can hear the mouse clicking and I can go through it better.
buny

Winshley wrote:

(I borrowed my parent's wireless mouse as example)
why'd you have to take half a picture of yourself also?
winber1

buny wrote:

Winshley wrote:

(I borrowed my parent's wireless mouse as example)
because he thinks he's sexy.

BUT HE'S NOT! ahuehuehue
Winshley

buny wrote:

Because I only had to use my laptop webcam. It's the only camera I can find around that time. /straightforward

winber1 wrote:

because he thinks he's sexy.

BUT HE'S NOT! ahuehuehue
Right, I'm not, but I have no other choice. >=( /me binds winber1 with tentacles
Jenny
lately, I appear to randomly PM Daru just after he gets online without even knowing he did just come online 3 seconds ago

Spawnkill counter: 6 times in a row
Plus_old_1
Close my left hand (the keyboard one) while playing.
Phantasyy
I click repetitively when I'm spinning even though I have the keyboard key pressed down ;o
+ when I spin with my mouse my middle finger hovers in the air
bentyhunter
I have to have my tablet arm (i'm ambidextrous i sometimes play lefty) bent ever so slightly with my elbow raised and resting on something, Otherwise i can't be comfortable :S
Zalaria
During breaks, I find myself constantly tapping z and x to the beat of the song. And when I get close to fullcombo-ing a song, my hands shake and I end up missing a note 99% of the time. >.<

And sometimes I spin my mouse when there's no spinner lol ^^
show more