forum

Your "That one weird habit i have in osu!"

posted
Total Posts
show more
gyorin
Stefan
I refresh the osu! Forum ten times, even I know nobody wrote something new.
Kanye West
I always miss near the end when I have 100%
Winshley
I lift my chin up when spinner comes, because for some reason I can spin faster that way. :lol:
djjsixpack
I always look at my accuracy and how much time the map has left.

It usually doesn't end well -_-
Salvage
My first try is almost allways the best one, then i start playing worse and worse if i didn't fc it in the first 5 tries, and i start missing earlier everytime, till i miss in the first notes, that usually makes me rage a bit too much cause i don't find how it makes sense at all.
Kanye West
I find it hard to tell when to use a single mouse button and when to alternate. High BPM I always alternate and low BPM i always single tap but it's those ones in between where it's hard to judge
Aoko
When I play CTB, I always look at the accuracy bar and I end up retrying the song bec. of not looking at the notes and sliders. n.n
When I play taiko, I always smash the keyboard, like playing the piano imaginably. Like I know how to.
When I play osu! standard, I'm always like 'OH NO, the spinner is coming. PREPARE YOURSELF!' I sit up straight and spin the mouse like crazy .
Winshley

Salvage wrote:

My first try is almost allways the best one, then i start playing worse and worse if i didn't fc it in the first 5 tries, and i start missing earlier everytime, till i miss in the first notes, that usually makes me rage a bit too much cause i don't find how it makes sense at all.
I got that sometimes, though I rarely miss first notes (but still possible anyway). :P
AkiShizuha
I got extremely nervous at the end of a map with fast BPM, with that my hands start to shake._. And that often causes a miss or break of combos..
It's still happening sometimes D:
Pizzicato
my leg shakes when playing
during kiai, my head sways on a left-right motion
every break i wipe sweat off my pen and hand
every break i press F9
my neck gets stiff when playing high BPM maps
Nyu_old2
I always adjust my hand position with my mouse cause I'm never comfortable, which generally leads to me screwing up my combo.

I always tap really fast while not having any notes for a while, like in a break.
Aoko

- Pizzicato - wrote:

every break i press F9
ychao

Salvage wrote:

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one with this quirk.
Ramena
when i lose i just press escape and select quit instead of the fail menu loading. :/
Soly
Pizzicato

ychao24 wrote:

Salvage wrote:

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one with this quirk.
it's a curse to all rhythm gamers. be it guitar hero, technika, 1st try is always the player's best.
leepdesu
I get nervous for no reason and fail a map. If I'm not even trying to pass the map, I would do much better.
Minty Gum
Sometimes when breaktime comes I leave for a few hours and then come back and finish the song. During streams, if they're slow, I just tap with my tablet pen because I can feel the rhythm better that way, but if it's too fast for me to tap I just mash x+z/tapping
Ramena
also sometimes i tend to just push my mouse to the top-right corner without any reason (WHY?!)
giant panda
I force myself to play with the mouse left handed when im really just right handed.
Xau_old
wierd*
Maraiga
OMG IT'S WEIRD COCOCO GEEZ.

Back to topic. Sometimes I dont know how to place my hand and can't stream because of that. The more I think about it the less I know how to put it...yeh l:
Aqo
Only one weird quirk..?

1 - During breaks, mash ZXZX as fast as I'm capable of (regardless of whatever the map's speed is), while jumping between far points in the map's background image that can be "targeted" (like character's eyes, fingertips, etc), and if there are no points like this then just jump between the four corners on the screen in no particular order.

2 - When spinning, I raise my left leg until it touches the tablet's bottom, lean forward, and stay like that until I'm done spinning. Also while spinning, I scream "FIREEEE" inside my head, not in real life tho :p

3 - When playing multiplayer, after every spinner, quickly hit F8 and write how much I spun then F8 again and keep playing. I only type the shortest message possible i.e. for example "8k" without the "".

4 - If there's a slow part in a map relative to other parts of it, I jump to nonexistent places between beats. i.e. if there's suddenly a 1/1-1/1-1/1-1/1 section after a lot of 1/2s and 1/4s, I will a 1/1 -> 1/1 like a 1/2 -> 1/2 -> 1/2 with two jumps in the middle.

5 - If a repeating slider suddenly shows up and I'm not sure how to time it correctly (on very high bpm maps) I will just ZXZ the beginning of it before holding it down.

6 - I love playing maps that I couldn't clear normally with HalfTime. Dunno if this counts as a weird habit~. For example Lily - Scarlet Rose is really fun for me with HalfTime even though I have no chance to clear it normally right now :L

7 - If I'm still on 100% accuracy past the first 20% of a map, I will constantly be looking at the accuracy display, even though I know that eventually it will make me get a 100 in an unexpected spot.

Also I have the same problem as Salvage and ychao24... my best run on a map is the first run, if I try to re-play I get it worse...! wtf. So I just play many different maps, and bookmark maps that I liked to re-play some time later.
Eyenine
1.1 During intro, breaks, outro, even on map selection screen or chat, I tend to tap s/d vigorously (I use s/d for tapping).
1.2 I spend most of the time spinning my mouse (except during gameplay, unless it's a spinner)
1.3 Sometimes I move my mouse like I'm hitting some "invisible notes". Vigorous tapping will then follow.
1.4 I do the previous 3 all at the same time.

2. When I fail a map, I just press alt+tab unconsciously.

3. All that tapping I do when playing osu! actually affected my finger movements when I'm not using the computer. I now "tap" my left knee or any surface that would make some sounds.
Yarissa
I stick my tongue out to concentrate. I also twist my head sideways while spinning. I spin counterclockwise and tilt my head left
dNextGen
i hit retry for absolutely no reason,oh and i also having a hard time fcing a maps lol dunno why i always messed up at the end of the map

goddaman my weirdness sounds so common but who cares
xsrsbsns
Pausing right after hitting the last note of a map. and feel like a boss
RaneFire
I pretend I'm drawing on the characters in the background during breaks >.>
G0r
At the end of a song I click the eyes of the background character, or any round object when there is no character, or their eyes are closed.
Maneuver
Heart racing like running away from demon when my life in osu is almost depleted playing a songs which barely can pass. If pass then i rest a while, but when i resume playing the mouse feels like extremely heavy to move...
Jordan

Kaoru wrote:

I stick my tongue out to concentrate.
I'VE ALWAYS THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE <3
thelewa
I rage a lot.
Tsukimi Luna
I stick out my tongue too when i concentrate lolol xD
I also tend to chat in #osu all the time when im idle and i end up chatting more than playing
ReVeNg3r
^i wanna see :D :D...pleeeeeease
i dont think i have....
kriers
Sometimes, I start a song mouse only, swap to click/x and finish it full kb
CXu
U pr0
Yarissa

Jordan wrote:

Kaoru wrote:

I stick my tongue out to concentrate.
I'VE ALWAYS THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE <3
You're not alone, friend. We can be socially awkward while concentrating together!
Misao
My hand shakes when im close to finishing a hard map that i wanna FC Dx.. then i end up missing. </3
King Cupcakes
I put my feet on my chair and my head to my knees
show more