forum

Hover vs Drag - Equipment

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Makishima S-
Map: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/230523
Replay: http://puu.sh/nYK1i.osr
First part fully hovered, misses are totaly random due lack of control etc.
Second part fully dragged (except spinners, jumps are hit by hit on tablet).

I am using CTL-480, i can cleary say this tablet is somehow made from steel or something because it survived shittons of this tortures.

Now - experts from tablets - i have 2 options:

1) New tablet - here i need recomendation for tablet with very good nibs and good surface which will survive dragging a lot + hitting in points (jumping for me is like... when you click on tablet - single hit and stay on point till move into next one). Preferable something for max $150 USD and nothing more than A5 size.

2) Wacom pen nibs shipped to poland. Amazon does not ship to poland, Wacom site have only white standard once (the thing is, i need some kind of strengthened material) and tablet surface special cover. Simple printed doesnt work for me, tryed and it ended up being scratched as fuck. Anyone know if there is any kind of "glass" type surface cover?

To cut one thing - fuck you, no, i will not play moe hover to learn, idgaf while i can play efficiently dragging 8-)

Cheers
Deva
If you dont want to hover just shut up and give monies to wacom for new nibs/tablet/skill
Topic Starter
-Makishima S-

HK_ wrote:

If you dont want to hover just shut up and give monies to wacom for new nibs/tablet/skill
Cannot buy skill, i am not seiko / "memes" crai who bought their skill 8-)

I am more than happy to pay wacom for their great equipment but i am not THAT experienced with their products to know how it is made.

IIRC Bauxie had some diffrent (metal) nibs or something like that.
Tbh this kind of thing + "glass" kind of surface cover could made me happy.
Deva
I dont even understand why do people drag, I mean theres so much unnecessary resistance to pen movement...
Mahogany
For stability

I know because I lack it and it costs me
Topic Starter
-Makishima S-

HK_ wrote:

I dont even understand why do people drag, I mean theres so much unnecessary resistance to pen movement...
Gives way more stability while streaming / playing gimmick patterns also very important - eliminate into minimum posibility to miss caused by shaking from nerves.
Deva
Well i have pretty stable aim even while hovering so i guess ill never understand...

But still i have seen some pretty good players with shaky aim.
Bauxe
I drag and the resistance has never been an issue, even on 300+ bpm.

Maybe buy a really thin sheet of plexiglass, put an adhesive on the back, and stick it to your tablet. No idea if that would work though.
Topic Starter
-Makishima S-

Bauxe wrote:

I drag and the resistance has never been an issue, even on 300+ bpm.

Maybe buy a really thin sheet of plexiglass, put an adhesive on the back, and stick it to your tablet. No idea if that would work though.
Resistance isnt a problem for me too, i am more worried about tablet surface since it looks terrible now, center area is just urgh....
Plexi sounds good, will check this out for sure how pen feels on it. I think i can get around 1,5mm thin one.

Bauxie, what where this metal nibs what i saw sometime ago in your stream and do you recommend them?
ithgyu
you can use the line that you use in edge trimmers as pen nibs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ONtK_f ... nonymousxo

Another thing you could do is A) Not replace the nibs and not care because they dont affect gameplay much 2) get a pen with an eraser and use the eraser end
Bauxe
Yeah the stainless steel nibs. They are pretty cool, they don't really wear down at all. Issue is they seem to (can't confirm though) shatter the internals. Might be due to how much force I use, but two of my pens broke in around 6 months.

They still scratch the tablet though, but the ballpoint one's weren't as bad as even wacom nibs. I've changed to wacom ones again though since I have like 30 nibs from all the pens and tablets I've bought.
nrl

HK_ wrote:

I used to hover, and now drag. The resistance isn't an issue, and grounding the pen gives me a better feel for where I'm actually moving, mostly in corners. I started doing it accidentally one night, and I like it enough to keep doing it.