forum

[Archived] My sound is not in sync with the beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Angwar
WARNING STORY TIME AHEAD! If you just want to help me and are not interested in the backgrounds skip the novel below.

Lately i had the feeling that my beatmaps were not in sync with the music but i always blamed it on me being bad because i hadn't played for a long time. However a week ago i went to visit my family and took my keyboard and mouse with me to play on their computer. Now here i want to point out that i was obviously expecting to play much worse on their pc because their monitor was WAY smaller and the game ran barely above 60 fps with way higher delay than on my own pc. I am also that kinda guy that needs to be around what he is used to so if i will play on a chair in a position that i am not used to i will play worse than usually. And last not least i didn't take my headphones with me so i just used the in-ears i use for my phone aswell. Well i first started playing a song that i had only 90% accuracy on despite having achieved ful combo. And to my own surprise i played through that song no problem with 96% accuracy. I started playing other songs where i had struggled with my accuracy. For example one that i had only played with NF so far with 65% accuracy. Bam i managed to beat it with 89% accuracy. Another one that i could survive but never got above 83% accuracy. Bam first try 95%. Long story short every map i played i had 5-20% accuracy incresements. I managed to achieve pretty high combos with around 93% accuracy on 5 star maps that i so far never had dared to play. I told my friend about it and he was sceptical saying that it's probably just because i had a 3-4 day break before playing and placebo etc. I considered this an option so i thought well i will see as soon as i get home to play on my own pc again. Got home today and started up some of the songs that i played quite often at my families house usually with 97% accuracy. I could barely survive any of them with roughly 80% accuracy and those were not really hard maps. Just 100s everywhere and nothing i could do about it. And now i could actually HEAR that the sound was totally out of sync. I had never noticed it before probably because i had gotten used to it already but now that i played on a pc where the songs were in sync it was really noticable.

Okay story time is over now to some things that might help you in helping me:

My PC:

GTX 970

i5-4670k

monitor is benq xl2411z at 144hz

Keyboard is a Corsair Strafe with Cherry MX Red

Using the Finalmouse 2015

Headset is a Logitech G430

Using Realtek HD-Audio Manager

Graphic drivers are up to date and as far as i can tell audio drivers are aswell.

Things that i have tried:

Deinstalling Razer Surround. I've had problems with this in the past however disabling it while playing osu seemed to have fixed it.

Reinstalling Osu.

Using fallback or experimental version.

Using a different skin (i am desperate okay?)

Help this is preventing me from playing the game :c
SadisticSenpai
In Osu! in Audio settings you have got Offset Adjustment

It adjusts your sync with music in game but you have to do it manually and from what i read you didn't tried it yet. Try adjusting it till you get a perfect sync. Hope it helps and by the way is it only happening in osu?
Topic Starter
Angwar
Ah dammit i knew i forgot something. My universal offset is at 0 and changing it doesn't seem to impact the sound being out of sync. And no as far as i can tell this only happens in osu. Maybe i just don't notice it in other games as much though.
SadisticSenpai
Seting the Offset to -40 or something should have fixed the problem, but well.. :o.

In your friends house you used the headphones from phone. Have you tried the same on your computer to see if it is perhaps your headphones problem but i doubt in it. Perhaps you have wrong settings in your HD Realtek drivers that makes sound out of sync, you will have to find them by yourself as i don't know much about HD realtek :|.

I also found your other tread with the same problem and I even saw the video. And damn, the sound is really out of sync but when i reduced the video speed it seemed to be okay. I even checked if it was because of beatmap and for me it was a little bit out or i'm not used to hard's. Perhaps see if you can play better with louder effects and music quieter
as for me it's weird to play without sound effects of clicking and it can make me miss a lot. I don't know anymore what you should do, I'll try to search more about your problem.
lolcubes

Angwar wrote:

Headset is a Logitech G430

Using Realtek HD-Audio Manager
Is your headset USB? If so, it might have issues with it's sound card. Try something that's not USB.

If it's not usb then see below:
Usually if you have the full software package from realtek (and enabled some options), you will experience really weird things, including the one you described.

If you have any sound effects or equalizers enabled, disable them completely. You should also try uninstalling realtek software and just leaving drivers installed and see if that helps.

On one of the PCs I had, I had to uninstall the realtek software and just use the driver only, else my universal offset would be something weird like -90 and I would have really insane input lag (probably the same 90ms I had to shift the hitsounds for).
Topic Starter
Angwar
My headset is not USB but your idea about the Realtek Audio Manager seems to be right. However it doesn't let me only deinstall the Audio Manager instead i have to deinstall the realtek drivers completely :/
Topic Starter
Angwar
Update: Deinstalled the Realtek Drivers, didn't fix the problem.
Topic Starter
Angwar
bump? :/
Topic Starter
Angwar
Update: Bought a new dedicated soundcard but it still isn't fixed