forum

Judges needed for upcoming Aspire contest (osu!standard)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Cherry Blossom
Finally, I will participate as mapper to this contest.
I don't want to be part of judges for this contest.
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
Good luck!

I'll be contacting the chosen judges within a fortnight or so to iron things out. There's a few things that I need to go through with people so that judging works properly and isn't a hellish slog for everyone involved.

Thanks to all who volunteered!
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
Still looking for a few more people (relatively small pool thus far), if you're interested, drop a line in here so I know!
Okoratu
i'm interested
ZZHBOY
Include me :)
Yuii-
i'm in!
ztrot
I would imagine judging for this would be a bit more relaxed, so if there is anyone on the edge of there seat because you think it will be too time consuming you shouldn't worry. Eph what would you say is the avg time for judging based on about 40 entires? I would think 5-10 mins per map it is a single set again right?
Yuii-
There are 66 entries already, though. That's quite a lot.
ztrot
well modding isn't really the focus here it is what plays best and what is fun so that could speed up the process
Mao
66 is few compared to the last Aspire contest where we had over 100 if I remember correctly, judging them shouldn't be as time consuming as judging a full set as well.
Kibbleru
epehemeral will u be judging again like last time?
ztrot
I would assume so :P
Irreversible

ztrot wrote:

well modding isn't really the focus here it is what plays best and what is fun so that could speed up the process
Isn't it about creativitiy or am I getting something wrong? o.o Maybe that stuff doesn't play well but suits the contest topic really good.
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
Judging has commenced! Thanks to everyone who put themselves forward - I've jotted all your names down for future contest judging and will notify any of you of any upcoming contests that have judging calls put out for them.

To unsubscribe from judging calls, please text NOJUDGE to Ephemeral
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
While optimistic, we're looking to release the results for this contest by Sunday, for anyone who cares.
Kibbleru

Ephemeral wrote:

While optimistic, we're looking to release the results for this contest by Sunday, for anyone who cares.
wait.. contest results? O_O or announcing the judges
Yuii-
I think he's talking about the results. Invitations were sent privately.
Natsu

Kibbleru wrote:

Ephemeral wrote:

wait.. contest results? O_O or announcing the judges
contest results
Kibbleru
that was faster than i thought
Okoratu
Results are out.