forum

Need help on streaming

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
thefpspower
Hello,
So here's another one of those noobs that can't stream and come to the forums without doing any research about how to get better... NOT.
My case is a bit different and I'm kinda losing hope:
Right now I can stream for 135BPM on a good day and because its my max, its unstable, however the problem is that it's been 10 months since I've been playing this game, when I was 4 months in I made a BPM test and it was on 125BPM, so hey 6 months should be enough practice to get something like 180BPM streaming, however its not happening.
For this whole time I've been getting better and better at Osu however, my stream speed hasn't changed at all, even though my stability has improved.
Right now I'm getting to the point where I can do 4.5* Jump or fast beatmaps that have no streams or very little and my streaming isn't even getting to 3.5*, its ridiculous and I'm losing hope on this.
For the past month I've been training streams nonstop, I think just this week I got like 20 hours of Osu playing and most of it was spent training streams, with some stops ofc... Today I am doing 105BPM, its basicly unplayable, so I'm taking a rest.
I mean... I AM following what people say on the forums and videos and stuff and I see absolutely nothing, they all make it look easy, its like they were born for it!

Has anyone had this experience and got over it somehow? I really need help, I am either doing something wrong or my hand firetrucks.

If it helps:
I'm using a rubberdome keyboard, however its a quality one and is low profile, don't believe that is the problem
I can do 190BPM single taps on tests but I can stretch it to 200 on beatmaps
I tried doing a BPM test on my right hand, even though very unstable it got 170BPM and it does not even play osu clicking.
I use a switching style on every slider (don't switch on single taps).

EDIT: TL;DR: Can't stream past 130BPM, even after training for a long time, need help.
Endaris
Get good with 125bpm first.
Use RaneFire's list as a resource. Playing a lot of streams right below your max will make it easier to advance.
Increasing speed can be a very slow process(I got from 125 to 160bpm in 6 months but I'm a lazy ass).

For the start I would recommend this map:
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/25871
Try to get 97% on the LRJ-diff and 95% on the Canon-diff.

Tbh your profile doesn't look like you did a lot of streaming so far nor like you would actually need it yet.
Topic Starter
thefpspower

Endaris wrote:

Get good with 125bpm first.
Use RaneFire's list as a resource. Playing a lot of streams right below your max will make it easier to advance.
Increasing speed can be a very slow process(I got from 125 to 160bpm in 6 months but I'm a lazy ass).

For the start I would recommend this map:
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/25871
Try to get 97% on the LRJ-diff and 95% on the Canon-diff.

Tbh your profile doesn't look like you did a lot of streaming so far nor like you would actually need it yet.
Thank you for your recommendation!
My profile looks like that because I never finish the train maps, they are very long and I either get tired or give up and try again.
Believe it or not 90% of my A rank maps in 4-4.5* are not S's because they get interrupted by streams. There are also alot of beatmaps that are really nice once you get past the deathstream but if you can't you ain't playing it.
ithgyu
you actually have to play actively during the 6 months for it to actually count as practice...
_handholding
When you play at around 180 bpm can you do triplets? if so can you do 5 note streams? if the answer is yes, gratz work on your stamina to maintain longer stream patterns.

Practicing streams at low bpms is a really bad way to go imo
Yuudachi-kun

II Jelli II wrote:

you actually have to play actively during the 6 months for it to actually count as practice...
I love it when people say "I've been playing for a year" and it turns out that means they play for like 10 minutes every two weeks.
ithgyu
ikr :3
Topic Starter
thefpspower

Khelly wrote:

II Jelli II wrote:

I love it when people say "I've been playing for a year" and it turns out that means they play for like 10 minutes every two weeks.
Completely wrong, I actually played every day for the past 8 months, at least 1h per day, with some breaks for impostant school tests. You shouldn't judge before knowing.
Topic Starter
thefpspower

Kisses wrote:

When you play at around 180 bpm can you do triplets? if so can you do 5 note streams? if the answer is yes, gratz work on your stamina to maintain longer stream patterns.

Practicing streams at low bpms is a really bad way to go imo
I can do triplets at even 230BPM, but that's because I don't do ZXZ, I use my fast single tap for advantage and do ZZX, however if there is a followed triplet, I can't do it, maybe at lower BPM's. I can do ZXZ triplets at under 150BPM.
With that said, I can do 5 note streams at 180BPM BUT I will have to start early and will still end up almost failing the last one.
As I said, I can't do streams, but all these months of playing I had to find ways arround it or I'd have left the game already.
DeathHydra
Learn zxz. Force yourself to do zxz on triples
ithgyu

thefpspower wrote:

Completely wrong, I actually played every day for the past 8 months, at least 1h per day, with some breaks for impostant school tests. You shouldn't judge before knowing.
Less than 2 mil hits in 8 months of at least 1h every day? Thats nothing, have you been playing the tutorial the whole time?
Sayorie
play this simple 185bpm map full of triples https://osu.ppy.sh/s/161526
Topic Starter
thefpspower

DeathAdderz wrote:

Learn zxz. Force yourself to do zxz on triples
I can do ZXZ too, in fact, I will do them instead of ZZX if I can, its just instinct already.

For Everyone:
I don't think you got what I ment by "I'm doing 4-4.5*", it really means its what I can do well, its not just because I need streams that I'm starting to get into maps that use streams, I already got there long ago, that's why its getting frustrating not being able to stream.
To get a better idea of my skill level, here's 2 quite overkill beatmap replays I did just now, first try of the day each:
Jeff Williams - Time to say Goodbye - REPLAY - BEATMAP
Memtrix - All You Are - REPLAY - BEATMAP

Jeff Williams is overkill in BPM and Memtrix is overkill in difficulty, especially by the end, its also the first of the day, the accuracy isn't anything especial.
Deva
Your tapping is all over the place. Go back to something like 3.5* and learn to do single notes properly first.
sayonara_sekai
ur unstable rate is all over the fucking place on a map thats OD7, nothing but sliders and singles pretty much. you aren't actually reading anything just reacting. good luck with your chosen path.

for reference: i've played this game 10 times as much as you and i'm just now learning to stream properly, 5* maps are an extreme challenge to read everything and play properly

go back to 3.5* AR8 hards is my advice to you or dont and stay a reacting masher

93% on a map thats nothing but jumps in simple patterns and triples and extremely easy to read is abysmal
- Milhofo -
It feels like you're not enjoying the game and simply taking it as a "grind". By your replays it seemed like your accuracy wasn't quite there yet, mostly because of reading, but neither of those is a stream heavy map so we can't really judge if you're doing something wrong or it's just lack of experience.

The way you do triples is pretty weird, that probably doesn't really help with streaming because you barely ever alternate that way, I started learning streams by just taking them as "extended" triples, then improved my stamina. You can learn your own way but if you never alternate it will be harder, since you can't single tap streams.