forum

How bad are you at Osu or any rhythm game for that matter?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Yuudachi-kun
If your skill level is what you claim it'd be you get to 1,000 without even trying.
DeletedUser_7520443

Khelly wrote:

If your skill level is what you claim it'd be you get to 1,000 without even trying.
Idk I'm spending most of my time atm trying to beat my 2nd 5 star map :v
I'll start making my priority pp once I beat my first 8 star map \:D/
Mahogany
I've wasted one and a half years on this dumb game and I'm still shit
Railey2
I used to think that I am awesome at osu, but for the range I am in (~5k), I am average. Huge consistency issues, still can't properly read AR10 etc.

People in higher ranges are usually faster learners or played a shit-ton more than me. With my current skill I'm still in the top 1% of course, so thats something.
Insyni

QuillGill wrote:

Khelly wrote:

Idk I'm spending most of my time atm trying to beat my 2nd 5 star map :v
I'll start making my priority pp once I beat my first 8 star map \:D/
Can you even get 98% on 3.3 star songs?
Alea
Well, when I play for first time , at the final of the song My hands were shaking a lot.
It's just that you need to get used to this game.
Deva

Khelly wrote:

This. Im someone who isnt bothering with pp and i have 2500pp. Im not even sure what the hell are you even doing trying to pass 5* maps.
That was also my plan, be able to pass hard af map and then grind acc after that. This game just doesnt work like that.
DeletedUser_7520443
I play however I want to play the game :v
Yuudachi-kun
And this is why you suck
Caenis
winber1
impressive
Yuudachi-kun
"For 2 years"

"Has a 1 year gap with hardly and plays and before that gap had hardly any plays"
Deva

winber1 wrote:

depressive
Deva

Khelly wrote:

"For 2 years"

"Has a 1 year gap with hardly and plays and before that gap had hardly any plays"
Just like me playing for a whole year
except the fact that i made like 5 one month breaks
Im totally playing for more than a year
Caenis
Yuudachi-kun
Yeah, of course you were for whatever reason. :roll:
Deva
What idiots still play offline??
Oh wait...
Caenis
Yuudachi-kun

Yuno Nikusu wrote:

Khelly wrote:

Yeah, of course you were for whatever reason. :roll:
nobully pls

the rankism is real
Rankism? I'm saying you're obviously lying or overexaggerating when you say you've been playing for 2 years because you have no god damn history and that you're using "offline play" as a lie of an excuse.
-Makishima S-
Lunatic Rave 2: Beginner Level 3-4 for like few months now, my brain cannot comprehend 7K for some reason.

Osu... bad as always but i am fine with my actuall progression.
deletemyaccount
this thread is triggering me
mulraf

Donatsu wrote:

Hello I am Donatsu I just started playing. When I finished the tutorial I got a D. I GOT A FREAKING D ON THE TUTORIAL. And when I tried the easiest 2 star map on easy, half, and no fail I still got a D. So I as YOU how bad are at Osu or any other rhythm games?
(I am quite possibly the worst!)
if i remember correctly at the time i started osu! it was still possible to fail the tutorial (maybe i have that wrong, has been long ago). at least i don't remember understanding anything at the tutorial. so i just had to find tutorials online on how to actually play this since i didn't understand the tutorial. after i got the hang of it i struggled very hard since i didn't understand where all the maps are?! (at that time you didn't get any maps with osu!. you had to download all of them and only got the tutorial). after i got that right i struggled really hard as well. after playing for about 2 years i finally passed my first 'hard' maps. (probably 3-4*) and felt like i was the best since i was in the top #5000 because of the old osu system and i played a lot -> a lot of ranked score. i just didn't advance at all. now, after taking a break for 1 year and finding tillerino i suddenly skyrocket within a few months.... moral of the story: /worship tillerino. a.ka. other moral of the story: play moe.
N0thingSpecial

[Taiga] wrote:

my brain cannot comprehend 7K for some reason
My brain cannot comprehend pressing 3 buttons to catch some god damn fruit
joi-
Horrible, I got tired of being horrible and not getting better which is why I stopped playing.

GG.
Mahogany

mulraf wrote:

Donatsu wrote:

Hello I am Donatsu I just started playing. When I finished the tutorial I got a D. I GOT A FREAKING D ON THE TUTORIAL. And when I tried the easiest 2 star map on easy, half, and no fail I still got a D. So I as YOU how bad are at Osu or any other rhythm games?
(I am quite possibly the worst!)
if i remember correctly at the time i started osu! it was still possible to fail the tutorial (maybe i have that wrong, has been long ago).
Possible. I know there are two tutorials. https://osu.ppy.sh/b/70050&m=1 < gameplay without explaining
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/3756 < what you get now
Endaris
Pls Maho, the second one is from 2010 and its meme storyboard refers specifically to the original tutorial.
If you don't watch the storyboard while playing, it's not even worth opening it.
gregest
I started playing 2 years ago and I'm still only 2.2k
Mommento

Endaris wrote:

Play more, you will learn quickly.
I got a C on my first play of the tutorial. After that I tried to play some other maps.
1 hour later I tried the tutorial again and got still a C...
feelsbadman

CptBlackBird wrote:

I started playing 2 years ago and I'm still only 2.2k
Pituophis
I think I'm rhythmically retarded. But my aim is ok - meh.
Buster
im playing for 7 months
and i think i got an A or B in the tutorial? idk that was my first time playing
but now im improving on std and i can get in top 50 with HDHRDT,HDHRFL,HRDTFL and HDHRDTFL
Runiel
I'm okay in osu!and other rhythm games
-Makishima S-
Update?

Dunno, i don't really care about farming pepe, considering i am able to high acc clear / fc maps like https://osu.ppy.sh/b/938390 or https://osu.ppy.sh/b/818252 I am still fine with my progression.