forum

Playstyle [added]

posted
Total Posts
172
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +248
show more
Vext
It would be nice, don't see any reason this would be bad at all. +1
Mara
I guess you can put taiko binds in this too?
Pizzicato
i haz no votes left but iSupport
Sy[K]es
That sounds epic! really you can see what people choose to play, example high ranked players! :3Thank You:3 :P
gat1toneku
i support this
Yakety Saxer
+1 Support.
[Shiki]
Support.
Neruell
Hmm, and I thought for that kind of details about acoount/profile/playstyle/or any other detail there is a "User Page" section where you can actually write anything you want because adding more details to the left would just cost more space since you can't even write sentences in that small window for details to the left. It would be hard to make sections like playstyle with detailed information about "how you play streams" or "jumping while pressing 1 or 2 buttons".
Sir Minelli
Quite simple, yet it might avoid many annoying pms.

Nice one Kubu.
raxar
nice, would be better if it would list what kind of device(mouse:logitech Keyboard:Razer, or something like that) that the players use too 8-)
But if it can't, it's still a nice feature :D
Hika
If I had some votes, I'd throw them onto here but this is nice. c:
RhaiizoN
Support this!

should we added with a precision mode too? :P
gat1toneku

RhaiizoN wrote:

Support this!

should we added with a precision mode too? :P
no need to
OnosakiHito

LunaticMara wrote:

I guess you can put taiko binds in this too?
Sekai
so till when this gona be >3<
i support ofc
Omega
Guys, guys.
This feature is only requested so you can group people in an arbitrary manner related to their preference. Otherwise, why can it not be as shown earlier?

Please Enlighten me.
Neruell
There you go, just waiting for people to be used.

Click on edit and write anything you want.


Of course it is only for Osu Supporters but at least some motivation for people to support Osu.
tyrael6192

Neruell wrote:

There you go, just waiting for people to be used.

Click on edit and write anything you want.

[attachment=0:8b2b1]Sin título.png[/attachment:8b2b1]

Of course it is only for Osu Supporters but at least some motivation for people to support Osu.
Having a box that says 'put anything here' is not helpful. Sure, some players will use it to denote their play style, but the majority of people won't, because it doesn't prompt them to. If you have a box that says 'Location', you'll write your location (or some pseudo-humorous comment to do with your location.) Hence, if you have a box that says 'Play style', you'll be prompted and thus much more inclined to write your play style in that box.

What i'm saying is, if you give everyone a box with no specifications, they'll all put different things in it.

Furthermore, regarding the user page and provided that people WILL use it for that purpose (many user pages i've seen do NOT include play style at all), not everybody donates, and quite a lot of people don't have a means for donation or are otherwise unable to do so. It's all good saying it's an 'incentive', but what if there's no way for people to chase that incentive?

Yeah, i support this completely. Granted, it's not a hugely game-altering idea, but it's very convenient and fairly simple to execute.
Neruell
I don't see why that option is not helpful at all. If you really want to tell someone what you use or how, then you can and you will write what you use. If no one asks you and no one is interested in it then no one cares and is already useless to even write it anywhere. If you are too bored of that or too lazy then you also won't write that in any other specific window.

Also I am sure that as you said, it will end in people writing comments in that window with silly jokes especially stuff like "Location" where straight over that category there is your flag which already tells where you are from. (unless it is meant to write down your home town and adress with key location and money and so on...)

All I want is to remind people that there is not only osu-me.com and just 1 page but there are pretty much different possibilities to do what you want. If you don't write it in "User page" then you won't write it in any category window. If you don't want to donate, sure, you can always answer the question about playstyle to people in IRC. It's same as osu direct. Makes life easier.

To me I would rather even suggest deleting all categories on the left border of the profile and just allow to write that information in "User page" because it will make more sense and "User page" would benefit more from it, but it's not the topic of the thread.
tyrael6192

Neruell wrote:

I don't see why that option is not helpful at all. If you really want to tell someone what you use or how, then you can and you will write what you use. If no one asks you and no one is interested in it then no one cares and is already useless to even write it anywhere. If you are too bored of that or too lazy then you also won't write that in any other specific window.

Also I am sure that as you said, it will end in people writing comments in that window with silly jokes especially stuff like "Location" where straight over that category there is your flag which already tells where you are from. (unless it is meant to write down your home town and adress with key location and money and so on...)

All I want is to remind people that there is not only osu-me.com and just 1 page but there are pretty much different possibilities to do what you want. If you don't write it in "User page" then you won't write it in any category window. If you don't want to donate, sure, you can always answer the question about playstyle to people in IRC. It's same as osu direct. Makes life easier.

To me I would rather even suggest deleting all categories on the left border of the profile and just allow to write that information in "User page" because it will make more sense and "User page" would benefit more from it, but it's not the topic of the thread.
Sure, if you don't want to write something, then you won't write it in any window. However, you are still much more likely to write your location in a 'location' box, and much more likely to write your interests in an 'interests' box. It logically follows that you're more likely to write your playstyle in a 'playstyle' box, because it prompts you to do so.

As for the flag, that's exclusive to location, pretty much. There's no flag 2 inches above the box which denotes peoples' interests, age, etc. Hence, there needs to be a defined space; location has a box AND a flag, but play style doesn't have anything.

Lastly, you can never have everybody listening to you on IRC. One day you might tell people how you play, but the next day a whole new flock of people who weren't there when you answered the question will ask that same question again - and this will go on indefinitely, because there is no cap to how many people will decide to start playing this game and want to find out your play style.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply