forum

Playstyle [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +248
show more
Neruell
In my opinion it's useless because there are plenty of ways to show it, so no support from me.
tyrael6192
Agree to disagree.
Karuta-_old_1
Normally I would only be curious about playstyles when I see
-Players who are awesome (Keeps quiet about it)*
-Players who can do very well in some aspect of the gameplay and lose out in others (Keeps quiet about it)*
-People whom I played it for quite a bit and started chatting with (As something to talk about)

And I wouldn't really bother to tell people how I am playing the game or what specs and stuff I am using unless
-The situation calls for it

What I would really care about when I play is to try my best to play without hassle.
So, this feature would be useless to me.
Nekomimi_badik

kuburaczek wrote:

Soo... in the profile of players (at the left, where are Age Interests Location etc.) i'd like to see "Playstyle" with choice Tablet or Mouse.
Pming to people to ask them about their playstyle is a bit hmm annoying? : 3
tablet or mouse or keyboard. i mean i clicking only mouse and some1 clicking only keyboard. and some mouse and key
Ijah_old
Seems a decent idea,
I was thinking it could look something like this?
Code
<tr><h2>Playstyle</h2>
<tr><td align="right"><b>Pointing Device:</b></td><td>Tablet</td></tr>
<tr><td align="right"><b>Input</b></td><td>Keyboard (Z/X)</td></tr>
<tr><td align="right"><b>More here...</b></td><td>Etc</td></tr></tr>

Or perhaps like this?

Code
<div class="profileStatLine"><b>Playstyle</b></div>
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0">
<tbody>
<tr><td><b>Cursor Input:</b></td><td><a href="linktoimage/site">Wacom Bamboo MTE-450 Tablet</a></td></tr>
<tr><td><b>Key Input:</b></td><td><a href="linktoimage/site">Razer BlackWidow Keyboard</a></td></tr>
<tr><td><b>Window size:</b></td><td>1024 x 765</td></tr></tr>
</tbody>
</table>

+ Support !
Bakario

Ijah wrote:

Seems a decent idea,
Code
<tr><h2>Playstyle</h2>

Or perhaps like this?

Code
<tbody>
<tr><td><b>Cursor Input:</b></td><td><a href="linktoimage/site">Wacom Bamboo MTE-450 Tablet</a></td></tr>
<tr><td><b>Key Input:</b></td><td><a href="linktoimage/site">Razer BlackWidow Keyboard</a></td></tr>
</tbody>
</table>

+ Support !
+1 *-*
Autonom
nice idea :!: i like the first image -SiKaRiO- posted
DelMann2
Hmm, is it for you really that important? Does it matter if i use mouse/tablet? Keep on asking.
Jzh Zehnichi

Ijah wrote:

Seems a decent idea,
Code
<tr><h2>Playstyle</h2>

Or perhaps like this?

Code
<tbody>
</tbody>
</table>

+ Support !
i like the 2nd image
its keep bothering when someone asking which mouse/tablet that suit for playing osu

+1 from me
hoLysoup

Ijah wrote:

Seems a decent idea,
Code
<tr><h2>Playstyle</h2>

Or perhaps like this?

Code
<tbody>
</tbody>
</table>

+ Support !
Awesome.
Jenny
Don't have much to say, me likes.
FurukawaPan
Don't expect people to automatically be truthful about this,

Then again, I don't see why anyone would lie either. It's a myth that tablet users have an advantage over mouse users. But, I've only ever used mouse. Lots of people use keyboard for streams, so that would be interesting to know.

I guess I'm neither for nor against.
Hark

FurukawaPan wrote:

It's a myth that tablet users have an advantage over mouse users.
I have to agree here, there seems to be quite a few people out there who think that using a tablet is easier/makes you better instantly/is cheating. I see others in multiplayer too, saying that they wish they had a tablet so they could get better, or that someone is only good because they have a tablet.

most of these people are mouse users (I'm not generalising here, it's just a small number of mousers think they are somehow worse off) and it can sometimes get pretty annoying to have your skill dismissed because you use a tablet. I mean, it's not like I'm the greatest player in the world, but i didn't just buy a tablet and could then instantly do everything easily.

I've tried playing with a mouse recently, and to be honest it is just as easy as it is with a tablet. if you are thinking of getting a tablet for the sole purpose of an instant skill boost, forget it; save your money and buy something else, or become an osu! supporter if you aren't already :D

back on topic though, i don't really see a need to implement something like this. playstyle is a matter of preference, and playing one way or the other shouldn't really need to be taken into account when regarding skill. if a player is good then they are good, end of story. people should be going "omg, cookiezi is awesome" not "oh, he uses a tablet, that's why he's so good". if a player is not so good, then chances are they just need a bit more practice, not new hardware.

bottom line: it's a pretty good idea, but not really necessary. I would probably lie and say I used a mouse so the small percentage of people who care don't think I'm just some mouth-breathing tabletfag. I'm not raging/pointing fingers here, just saying that there are a few people out there who care greatly
Suimya
go go support this 0.0
Tenacious J
Support! But I'd rather see this sort of thing in the leaderboards telling which input device was used to rank on certain songs. I would prefer small icons representing that next to the rank. I'm pretty sure osu! is able to distinguished certain devices.

I would've suggest color coding leaderboard rankings but it wouldn't look right.
Mythras
could it really distinguish between:

Tab only
Tab + KB (tab only moves)
KB for stream + mouse for single
Mouse only
KB + mouse (mouse only moves)
1 KB key + mouse for stream otherwise mouse only (friend uses this and is very good)
Touchscreen only
Touchscreen + kb (TS only moves)

I guess you could say all combinations of mouse + whatever could just be "mouse". TBH using the mouse by itself is by far the hardest thing to do in the game. It shouldn't be in the same boat as mouse + kb.
Pimpi
User profile pages maybe will look better with this new feature, they have received only a few modifications since the last two years.
I hope to see this idea implemented soon.
Support this stuff, good luck
SinDemonDragon13
+1 ^^
kriers
do want more epeen for using mouse only. Support rofl
DJKero
+1
-libili
+1
Octopus_old_1
This is a good idea. People who are curious can easily look at profiles to see how the user plays. I support.
XripztEr
bump?

support too!
Aoko
Interesting improvement for profile page. Support. :3
emonite
I guess I will support too,knowing how the users play is quite good.
Windoffs

Unkind wrote:

could it really distinguish between:

Tab only
Tab + KB (tab only moves)
KB for stream + mouse for single
Mouse only
KB + mouse (mouse only moves)
1 KB key + mouse for stream otherwise mouse only (friend uses this and is very good)
Touchscreen only
Touchscreen + kb (TS only moves)
Tablet+KB, Mouse+KB, Mouseonly, Tablet, Other (Touchscreen and etc.)

^I think it's best options
those
The only options really should be "Mouse only" or "Not mouse only".
Kanye West

those wrote:

Aoko
Or Optional.
Aqo
1 - Mouse Only
2 - Mouse + Keyboard
3 - Tablet
4 - Touchscreen
5 - Other

Doesn't this sum this up? Cover up the most common options, if somebody uses anything else just pick "Other" and ask them ingame.
I'd love this to be added. Please add this.
those

Aqo wrote:

1 - Mouse Only
2 - Mouse + Keyboard
3 - Tablet
4 - Touchscreen
5 - Other

Doesn't this sum this up? Cover up the most common options, if somebody uses anything else just pick "Other" and ask them ingame.
I'd love this to be added. Please add this.

those wrote:

dNextGen
fag
Aqo

those wrote:

That's too broad and doesn't really cover much... it leaves the person's preference as vague as is without this profile info piece.
Stefan
Too lazy to set in the Signature "Only Mouse Player" / "Tablet Player"?
Completly useless feature.
Nami
It would be nice if "playstyle" information could be displayed in osu!-client (icon or signature on player's info as it seen on "Community").
It would be even better if "playstyle" information could be gathered by osu!-client (eg. get information from input clicks/move) and update "playstyle" automatically. I don't know it it is possible but it will be so epic ^_^
After that it is possible to make special charts depending from playstyle (mouse+kb/tablet+kb/touchscreen/mouseonly). Wouldn't it be great?
SkyDevil
Nice idea~

Promote~
N A L U
I like this idea
those

Aqo wrote:

those wrote:

That's too broad and doesn't really cover much... it leaves the person's preference as vague as is without this profile info piece.
You clearly don't get the point.
fairuz117
Nice idea~~

but also add ranking for each playstyle :3
Tshemmp

fairuz117 wrote:

but also add ranking for each playstyle :3
This would be easy to cheat.
show more