Red switch Keyboards.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
krobeN

sebimon wrote:

krobeN wrote:

i dont really care about leds and eye candy in general :)
Cherry MX Board 3.0. Best mech for cheap w/o fancy stuff. ~60€(~65$, dunno the prices where you live, might be more.)
one guy who actually answered my question thx. and its going to be the mx board 3 :)
Topic Starter
krobeN

[Taiga] wrote:

Gave this guy a extremmely good keyboard for 78 euro and it's still bad.
Top kek

One of "this" germans.
1. i never had a keyboard for 78€

2. Germans are spoiled ik. too much money in our bags.

4. Polish ppl are "those" guys who are brainlagging in almost everygame <3
TakuMii

[Taiga] wrote:

"A bad workman blames his tools." - literally.
I don't know what you do with your keyboard that you break keycaps.

http://www.maxkeyboard.com/products/par ... ycap-sets/ - here you find full set for 6,5 spacebar.
You are welcome.
1. I've shattered at least 8 keycap stems on my Logitech keyboard simply by playing osu! with it, due to the brittle plastic they used.
2. While the CM Storm keycaps aren't as brittle, they still use ABS plastic, which causes the texture of the keycaps to wear out quickly and makes the keyboard look all gross and shiny within even a month of use.
3. Even ignoring those issues, the idea of simply being able to customize your keyboard is a very appealing feature. Having a non-standard layout significantly reduces your options.

And yes, I've browsed that website before. None of the keycaps they offer have backlight-compatible key legends, which kinda ruins the point of having a backlit keyboard in the first place. Nice try though.
Yuudachi-kun
What does a shattered keycap look like?
TakuMii

Khelly wrote:

What does a shattered keycap look like?
A bit like this, except with about 2-4 more plastic bits:
This thing won't even attach to the keyswitch any more.
Yuudachi-kun
After about ~13,000,000 hits with my right arrow key I haven't had this happen yet. But they look all shiny now with my finger grease and I can pull them off really easily.
TakuMii

Khelly wrote:

After about ~13,000,000 hits with my right arrow key I haven't had this happen yet. But they look all shiny now.
It probably happened because I attempted to remove the keycaps without a keycap remover. But I haven't had this happen even once with the two CM Storm keyboards I've had, and I've completely stripped each of them at least twice without a tool (to install/uninstall O-rings).

Oh, and even before they shattered completely, some of the keycaps were just flying off of the switches upon release. I've lost quite a few FCs on that keyboard because of it.
-Makishima S-

krobeN wrote:

Call me brainlagging while you don't make any efford to read my post:

You had mech... for 76 euro. I posted link.

You must be not only spiled but also special...
Topic Starter
krobeN

[Taiga] wrote:

krobeN wrote:

the guy that you meant is from canada, not from fcking germany. and you said "germany gave this guy an extremly good keyboard for 78€ and its still bad. one of "this" germans."

yeah right, in canada.
DeathHydra

krobeN wrote:

the guy that you meant is from canada, not from fcking germany. and you said "germany gave this guy an extremly good keyboard for 78€ and its still bad. one of "this" germans."

yeah right, in canada.
What? Please read his post very carefully. He did give you a link for that CM Storm QuickFire TK that costs 76€, yet you didn't seem to be happy or something.
Topic Starter
krobeN

DeathAdderz wrote:

krobeN wrote:

yeah right, in canada.
What? Please read his post very carefully. He did give you a link for that CM Storm QuickFire TK that costs 76€, yet you didn't seem to be happy or something.
i'd love to get the cm storm quickfire TK, but here in germany it costs 120€. So i said i cant afford that.
TakuMii

[Taiga] wrote:

/snip

I don't understand why you feel the need to be so hostile. Newegg does not ship to Germany, and even if they did, the taxes and import fees would be pretty expensive.
-Kanzaki
Eh why not just buy OSU keyboard for only 30 dollars with whatever switch you want?
The Gambler

-Kanzaki wrote:

Eh why not just buy OSU keyboard for only 30 dollars with whatever switch you want?
Osu! keyboards are niche. OP might want a general keyboard usage upgrade instead of a specific osu! upgrade.
Saphirshroom
Instead of looking for a new 80 euro keyboard during 4 days, couldn't you help out some neighbour or something and earn like 30 to 70 euros within an afternoon?

Just askin'.
lolcubes
In terms of build quality, steelseries is pretty good. There is actually a red switch version of 6GV2, and it costs exactly 80€.

From personal experience with a 7G (black switch though), I started to experience duplicate inputs, however considering what I was doing with it, I would say that's not even that bad (it was only "L" and "H", didn't use them anyway).
Strange anomalies appear after several years if you use it a lot anyway (goes for any keyboard). Duplicate inputs appeared about after two years of heavy use for me.

As for the cherry board 3.0, I actually could test it myself. It has slimmer keys than a regular mech keyboard (less travel time yay), however the cable is damn abysmal. The cable is surely the weak point as you can disconnect it manually, so if you move your keyboard a lot, expect your cable to lose contact from time to time, even if it's connected and not moving. It's cheaper though.

Pick your poison.

P.S. if you manage to find a cheap corsair K70, avoid it like the plague. I know several people who are experiencing dropped inputs where keys randomly wouldn't register (myself included). It's kinda late for me to return it though.
/rant off.
The Gambler
Or you can go the other way and try and build your own keyboard and spend a fortune :)

Datamancer has you covered
Topic Starter
krobeN

-Kanzaki wrote:

shipping it to germany costs around 60€, not worth.
Topic Starter
krobeN

Saphirshroom wrote:

Instead of looking for a new 80 euro keyboard during 4 days, couldn't you help out some neighbour or something and earn like 30 to 70 euros within an afternoon?

Just askin'.
good idea, but nobody in my neighbour hood needs help in a garden or smth like this :/
Topic Starter
krobeN

lolcubes wrote:

In terms of build quality, steelseries is pretty good. There is actually a red switch version of 6GV2, and it costs exactly 80€.

From personal experience with a 7G (black switch though), I started to experience duplicate inputs, however considering what I was doing with it, I would say that's not even that bad (it was only "L" and "H", didn't use them anyway).
Strange anomalies appear after several years if you use it a lot anyway (goes for any keyboard). Duplicate inputs appeared about after two years of heavy use for me.

As for the cherry board 3.0, I actually could test it myself. It has slimmer keys than a regular mech keyboard (less travel time yay), however the cable is damn abysmal. The cable is surely the weak point as you can disconnect it manually, so if you move your keyboard a lot, expect your cable to lose contact from time to time, even if it's connected and not moving. It's cheaper though.

Pick your poison.

P.S. if you manage to find a cheap corsair K70, avoid it like the plague. I know several people who are experiencing dropped inputs where keys randomly wouldn't register (myself included). It's kinda late for me to return it though.
/rant off.

where can i buy the 6gv2 with reds? i love ss but never found one with reds. idk how blacks feel so i dont want to take the risk...
lolcubes
Well, I just searched amazon.de. Maybe if you can check in some german online stores and ask them directly?
6GV2 with reds are also rare here, but you can find some available, at least and they cost the same.
The Gambler

lolcubes wrote:

Well, I just searched amazon.de. Maybe if you can check in some german online stores and ask them directly?
6GV2 with reds are also rare here, but you can find some available, at least and they cost the same.
CanadaComputers has the 6Gv2 in stock. Just good luck with shipping though.
http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_ ... _id=053286

If it looks expensive, its because the Canadian rupee isn't doing too well.