forum

Manoeuvres - Mad World (Station Earth Remix)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Yohanes
Congratz!!
Ascendance
boosted animal
Enon
Doesn't it matter if this mapset still using background that never related to the song even though it's in qualified section?
-NanoRIPE-
Grats!! ~
vick
wo congrats !! ♥
Winnie
I thought you'd map better than this rofl.
Topic Starter
Bearizm

iWinnie wrote:

I thought you'd map better than this rofl.
sorry I never claimed to be a good mapper.
Secretpipe
noice
BounceBabe

Enon wrote:

Doesn't it matter if this mapset still using background that never related to the song even though it's in qualified section?
✓ Inserted random animu background
Topic Starter
Bearizm
my god u guys.. this song has no source whatsoever I believe I have the freedom to choose. The composition and colors in this picture seems perfect for this song. I look at these pictures as artworks, not necessarily anime or whatever u weebs watch lul.

I cba to requal if it gets dq'd cuz some people moans too much about the bg.
Enon
the bg is overly colorful compared to the mood of the song in my opinion............
Topic Starter
Bearizm
it's like 85% sky blue - white...
BounceBabe
General

> BG image is random and completely unrelated to the song. Researched a bit, seems like the BG comes from a digital novel. Idk japanese tho so just leaving this here: http://www.lose.jp/maitetsu/story/ So yes, it does not fit.
> You mapped less than 80% of the song and the intro is really long. You should size down it's length as no difficulty mapped the first 25% of the song and you also have no video or SB that would explain why you started mapping at 00:33:173 - and not 00:11:104 - for example where there also are vocals. Every difficulty starts at 00:33:173 -except the hardest that has a spinner 00:30:414 - which is a weird introduction too.
> The difficulty level gap between Hard and Insane is big due to the Insane having so many spacing variation, changes and partially randomly placed elements to create none fitting jumps. Not to mention the inconsistent spacing in Insane. Compared to the Hard difficulty, the Insane is a lot more vibrant in gameplay, whereas the Hard is really consistent. The Insane makes the Hard look too easy. This should be polished up a bit more before this goes ranked.

Easy

00:39:552 (2,3) - Rhythm is weird here. It's mapped to the violin and guitar. 00:38:690 (1,2,3) - It's difficult to distinguish when to click and when to pause because it doesn't quite match with the violin only. I expected that this is mapped to the violin only. The violin stroke is from 00:38:690 - to 00:39:552 - . This would be a more appropriate rhythm http://puu.sh/rhG5G/ec0c35df7a.jpg as it's more readable for beginners. The guitar in the BG is also very faint in relation to the circle at 00:39:552 (2) - that matches it. I wouldn't recommend mixing them as it's really hard to discern when to click next / what instrument to follow, especially for beginners.. Beats also start at 00:44:207 - which makes it easier to follow the song. Same here 00:33:173 (1,2,3) -
Doyak

BounceBabe wrote:

General

> BG image is random and completely unrelated to the song. Researched a bit, seems like the BG comes from a digital novel. Idk japanese tho so just leaving this here: http://www.lose.jp/maitetsu/story/ So yes, it does not fit. Yup, he could try to find a more related one.
> You mapped less than 80% of the song and the intro is really long. You should size down it's length as no difficulty mapped the first 25% of the song and you also have no video or SB that would explain why you started mapping at 00:33:173 - and not 00:11:104 - for example where there also are vocals. Every difficulty starts at 00:33:173 -except the hardest that has a spinner 00:30:414 - which is a weird introduction too. Actually "You should map at least 80% of the mp3" is only about the outro if you're referring to the RC. It's kind of a waste of mp3 to not mapping the first part for that long, but still I think preserving the whole mp3 doesn't hurt much, as some people would like to have the full mp3 even if it is not mapped. About the first spinner thing seems weird to me too, so we can listen what the mapper says about it.
> The difficulty level gap between Hard and Insane is big due to the Insane having so many spacing variation, changes and partially randomly placed elements to create none fitting jumps. Not to mention the inconsistent spacing in Insane. Compared to the Hard difficulty, the Insane is a lot more vibrant in gameplay, whereas the Hard is really consistent. The Insane makes the Hard look too easy. This should be polished up a bit more before this goes ranked. imo it's fine in my eyes. I think the spacing variation is what makes the difference between Hard and Insane. Each difficulty has its own 'dimension' that's noticeably easier/harder than other diffs, and I think this spread is doing that fine. Hard has mostly consistent ds but still has some variations like 01:05:585 (6,7) - 01:11:103 (6,7,1) - 01:38:689 (1,2,1) - etc and I think that's enough introduction as a Hard. Its base ds is pretty high as well. Insane has inconsistent spacing, but it's not like fullscreen jump or anything. Is it hard to read because of that, for players who would play Insane? I don't think so.

Easy

00:39:552 (2,3) - Rhythm is weird here. It's mapped to the violin and guitar. 00:38:690 (1,2,3) - It's difficult to distinguish when to click and when to pause because it doesn't quite match with the violin only. I expected that this is mapped to the violin only. The violin stroke is from 00:38:690 - to 00:39:552 - . This would be a more appropriate rhythm http://puu.sh/rhG5G/ec0c35df7a.jpg as it's more readable for beginners. The guitar in the BG is also very faint in relation to the circle at 00:39:552 (2) - that matches it. I wouldn't recommend mixing them as it's really hard to discern when to click next / what instrument to follow, especially for beginners.. Beats also start at 00:44:207 - which makes it easier to follow the song. Same here 00:33:173 (1,2,3) - I know what you're trying to say but the example you gave is not easily readable for beginners at all. The hardest rhythm that can exist on an Easy diff is 3/2 rhythms, because that's hard to expect and requires rhythmic transition to players. When it comes to a gap, it becomes much much harder. Even maintaining basic 1/1 beats is pretty hard for newbies, and by using 3/2 gaps (and even using a circle for the next note) would really throw their accuracy away. There's no way they can read them properly only using approach circles and spacing.
BounceBabe

Doyak wrote:

BounceBabe wrote:

00:39:552 (2,3) - Rhythm is weird here. It's mapped to the violin and guitar. 00:38:690 (1,2,3) - It's difficult to distinguish when to click and when to pause because it doesn't quite match with the violin only. I expected that this is mapped to the violin only. The violin stroke is from 00:38:690 - to 00:39:552 - . This would be a more appropriate rhythm http://puu.sh/rhG5G/ec0c35df7a.jpg as it's more readable for beginners. The guitar in the BG is also very faint in relation to the circle at 00:39:552 (2) - that matches it. I wouldn't recommend mixing them as it's really hard to discern when to click next / what instrument to follow, especially for beginners.. Beats also start at 00:44:207 - which makes it easier to follow the song. Same here 00:33:173 (1,2,3) - I know what you're trying to say but the example you gave is not easily readable for beginners at all. The hardest rhythm that can exist on an Easy diff is 3/2 rhythms, because that's hard to expect and requires rhythmic transition to players. When it comes to a gap, it becomes much much harder. Even maintaining basic 1/1 beats is pretty hard for newbies, and by using 3/2 gaps (and even using a circle for the next note) would really throw their accuracy away. There's no way they can read them properly only using approach circles and spacing.
Swapping from 1/1 to 1/2 isn't either :P The sliders would end on the half beats and the circle are on full beats so it would be playable. I'd even suggest reversing the sliders. That would fit as well. It was just an example but it's too weirdly mapped for it to be properly playable with how it is now.

And for the mp3 crop, i know it's more related to the outro but when the intro is 25% of the song that isn't mapped, it's too much.
Monstrata
3/2 gaps on Easies are fine tbh... they just cause spacing inconsistencies. They're usually avoided due to spacing/aesthetic reasons rather than rhythm-difficulty related reasons :P.

That said, I don't see a need for any changes here...
Doyak
I'm not against using 3/2 gaps if the song really calls for it, and the next note is a slider. But reading every notes by the approach circle and spacing is really hard for a newbie to read correctly, so it's better to not use them if possible.

When a slider ends on a red tick, it already gives a red-tick feedback to the player and the player's focus moves on to the red ticks. So even if the next note is on white tick, it's hard to re-adjust their focus to the white ticks again, only by reading the approach circle and bigger spacing.

And also I think the notes are following the strongest sounds, so even though they might be a little inconsistent, they give pretty alright feedback to the players imo.
Topic Starter
Bearizm
Sorry for this shitty attitude I'm about to show you, but I feel that it's necessary since you're being quite stubborn atm. Is there any reason why you only posted here instead of others maps?

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/453221 where's the sunset?
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/468418 where's the diary?
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/485903 ?????
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/446332 where's the rainbow?

It doesn't matter what you use as a BG as long as it fits since our context is a map with no god damn source. What fits is 100% subjective, if you honestly think it doesn't fit then that's honestly on you. I believe that this fits because of the blue sky, the girl is looking towards i don't really know what but it looks pretty dramatic imo. Imo this suits the song because this song gives similar vibes to Cold Green Eyes and the male's vocal; along with the instruments used feels like it's slightly giving countryside vibes, which is the main reason to why I used this to begin with. No, I'm not going to use a photography artwork because I simply fancy digital paintings more. Don't get me wrong tho, I do understand where you're coming from since the picture itself has a source of its own. I'll explain why it fits below. However, if this still remains an actual problem, feel free to DQ @ QAT.

BounceBabe wrote:

General

> BG image is random and completely unrelated to the song. Researched a bit, seems like the BG comes from a digital novel. Idk japanese tho so just leaving this here: http://www.lose.jp/maitetsu/story/ So yes, it does not fit. Thanks for giving me a more accurate source tho, good job! Yes it is from a visual novel, and therefore it doesn't fit? These are artworks, regardless of where it comes from. Just because it's not made with a camera doesn't mean it's not suitable. Just because it's drawn within a Japanese art style doesn't mean it's not suitable. Tell me BounceBabe, what is related to a song where it doesn't have a source to begin with? That's right, it's completely subjective. Although yes I admit, a better BG may exist out there that is sourceless, but I don't think this one is a problem since it fits.

> You mapped less than 80% of the song and the intro is really long. You should size down it's length as no difficulty mapped the first 25% of the song and you also have no video or SB that would explain why you started mapping at 00:33:173 - and not 00:11:104 - for example where there also are vocals. Every difficulty starts at 00:33:173 -except the hardest that has a spinner 00:30:414 - which is a weird introduction too. whoa since when do I have to make a video or SB for maps? "That would explain why you started mapping at 00:33:173 - and not 00:11:104 -" lol nope, I've explained this to Mako Sakata the other day. Go find that post. The only reason to why Divine has a spinner and the rest don't is because Easy and Normal has this restriction where objects after spinners must have a specific amount of gap for newbies to react, and the spinner that I introduced in Divine can't be placed in those difficulties. As for Hard and Insane, those are not my difficulties and I have given them the freedom to map this song however they want. Yes my difficulty is the only one with a spinner in the beginning, but this is my mapset. I feel that it fits because of my complimentary hitsound + it prepares people so that they know there's a 1/1 gap after the spinner ends. It's like the thing that you see in val's map (I forgot which one, it was very high bpm and quite a popular one.) tl;dr it's to prepare players for the notes.

> The difficulty level gap between Hard and Insane is big due to the Insane having so many spacing variation, changes and partially randomly placed elements to create none fitting jumps. Not to mention the inconsistent spacing in Insane. Compared to the Hard difficulty, the Insane is a lot more vibrant in gameplay, whereas the Hard is really consistent. The Insane makes the Hard look too easy. This should be polished up a bit more before this goes ranked. What? Hey, no offense but, this isn't 2013 anymore. People have gotten better and this difficulty gap is acceptable. The star rating may not show that but there are some changes in the DS on hard such as 00:54:194 (5,6,1) - Think of Hard difficulty as an introduction to the insane. HootOwlStar did perfectly fine in balancing the spread as the hard difficulty has a high DS and several jumps. How can you tell the supposedly "massive" difference between hard and insane when u can't even play them? lol

Easy

00:39:552 (2,3) - Rhythm is weird here. It's mapped to the violin and guitar. 00:38:690 (1,2,3) - It's difficult to distinguish when to click and when to pause because it doesn't quite match with the violin only. I expected that this is mapped to the violin only. Sorry for not meeting your expectations. You can map it yourself if you want to :p The way I map lower difficulties is that I indicate a rhythm from the song that I can slightly simplify on and make a tap rhythm based on it; and the strong sounds that I choose to follow is the guitar.. notice how 00:33:173 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - and 00:38:690 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - have the exact same rhythm? I want that to be systematic because it's an EASY difficulty. The violin is different everytime, therefore I didn't choose to map it. The violin stroke is from 00:38:690 - to 00:39:552 - . This would be a more appropriate rhythm http://puu.sh/rhG5G/ec0c35df7a.jpg as it's more readable for beginners. The guitar in the BG is also very faint in relation to the circle at 00:39:552 (2) - that matches it. I wouldn't recommend mixing them as it's really hard to discern when to click next / what instrument to follow, especially for beginners.. Beats also start at 00:44:207 - which makes it easier to follow the song. Same here 00:33:173 (1,2,3) - I am literally just mapping the strong sounds and there is nothing wrong with that... I don't really get your point at the 44s mark of the map, but from 00:44:207 - I started to map the drums because it's a newer instrument that suddenly pops up in the song. It's for build the build up. Keep in mind, at the end of the day, this is DnB, not pop, or whatever you perceive it to be.

BounceBabe wrote:

And for the mp3 crop, i know it's more related to the outro but when the intro is 25% of the song that isn't mapped, it's too much.
Look, I'm a big fan of Natteke and his DnB maps. Why don't you tell him that since he made only 74% of this song? https://osu.ppy.sh/s/87509

Just in case if you're too lazy to find the post i directed to Mako, I'll quote it here.

Mako Sakata wrote:

1. On every diffs, why skipping the vocal on first 1/4 of the song? yet the vocal here 00:11:119 - until 00:30:429 - seems mapable, that part better be mapped imo, try not to waste the song;; it becomes repetitive if it were to be mapped. Also, the violin starts at where the drain starts so yeah. The beginning is kind of dull to play out as well if the vocals were to be mapped.
Topic Starter
Bearizm
On a separate note: thank you Monstrata and Doyak for voicing your opinion on this. :) I appreciate it, whether if you agree or disagree with some of my choices.

Just gotta say thanks cuz I appreciate the time and effort from you guys put to check on this.
BounceBabe

Stjpa wrote:

And while we are at it, comparing your map to others isn't and will never be a valid argument for anything. That's like allowing tons of memes maps just because a few maps got through the qualified section when they shouldn't have.
I can't even
Topic Starter
Bearizm
That statement from Stjpa is only valid towards the logic behind each individual's mapping, not the map's decorative/supporting elements. Even if I do compare it with other maps, I basically use the same idea behind it and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Enon
greatz bearizm
Izzywing
Good stuff! Fun mapset.
Topic Starter
Bearizm
Ayy thanks guys :) xd
Natteke desu
lul aniem backgraund unrenk

gz
Surono
Tea(r)RAIN with grill AHAhahh. , ha ah a