forum

I got this new keyboard

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Robozoid
I got a new keyboard

http://www.amazon.com/Havit-Backlit-Mec ... HZE2YBR76D

Issue is I bought it without thinking. And Now people are telling me the blue switches are terrible for mania. should I return it and get one with red switches or will I be able to get better with the blue switch keyboard.
DeletedUser_3905941
personal preference, unless you want to listen to the shills that keep shitting out red switches master race
Vuelo Eluko
blue switches aren't -terrible- for mania, just not the best

They're really more of a typist switch.
B1rd

RedPanda wrote:

personal preference, unless you want to listen to the shills that keep shitting out red switches master race
I guess it's just a coincidence that a large amount of the best players switched from blues to reds?

I get tired of this personal preference meme, some things are personal preference, others are just objectively better. And when I say objectively better, I mean for the majority of people, as it's possible that there are some special snowflakes that do well with unorthodox setups.
Vuelo Eluko

B1rd wrote:

RedPanda wrote:

I guess it's just a coincidence that a large amount of the best players switched from blues to reds?

I get tired of this personal preference meme, some things are personal preference, others are just objectively better. And when I say objectively better, I mean for the majority of people, as it's possible that there are some special snowflakes that do well with unorthodox setups.
he's not a mania player so it should have been taken with a grain of salt anyway.
pekkanto
B1rd
So if there was a keyboard that took 1000kg to activate it'd still be le personal preference?
pekkanto
B1rd
What possibly is the benefit of having a uneven activation force? If red switches weren't better, why do the majority of top players use red switches and change from red switches to blue?
Rurree

B1rd wrote:

So if there was a keyboard that took 1000kg to activate it'd still be le personal preference?
Keyboards really are more of personal preference. Some like blues, some like reds, some like clears.. While some may say that reds are the best for mania, it is true, but once you get really used to your preferred switch (let's say a blue), I don't see how that won't be as good as the more popular key switches.
B1rd
Anyone can get used to any switch. It doesn't mean that they wouldn't do better if they got used to another switch. There isn't much reason to support having a tactile bump interrupt your finger every finger cycle be a good thing. It just make it more difficult to ride the activation point as you have to use a greater force to get through the bump and then you have to reduce the force so you don't bottom out the key and use more finger movement than is needed.
Railey2

B1rd wrote:

RedPanda wrote:

I agree with B1rd, the personal preference meme needs to die already as it is just untrue for most cases.

I suspect that it is also untrue for keyboards, although I can't say what the best choice would be here (I just play on my shitty laptop anyways, which I believe is holding me back).
IppE

Robozoid wrote:

Issue is I bought it without thinking.
How about stop being retarded?

Also;

deadbeat wrote:

General Discussion is for non-osu! related topics.
TakuMii
Blues are objectively worse for gaming because of how they're designed. The 2-piece slider mechanism moves around, sacrificing consistency in order to create the switch's clicking noise. (The only other mainstream Cherry MX switch that has this design is Green, but they're less popular due to their stiffer springs)

This has nothing to do with personal preference. Blues (and Greens) are designed for typing, plain and simple.
pekkanto
TakuMii
I said literally nothing about it being tactile. The disadvantage doesn't really have anything to do with it being tactile. You can have a tactile switch that isn't inconsistent like MX Blue is.

If you want something tactile that won't put you at a disadvantage, go for something like MX Brown or Omron Romer-G.
Zymaz
B1rd
The difference between red and browns is small enough that it is personal preference; browns are basically mushy reds.
Zymaz