forum

Bravely Second: End Layer

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
-Maus-
Uh, even the trailer points out that you only control one of the Cavaliers, Yew.
You control the three only for a short time in the beginning. After that, Nikolai and Janne turn out to be traitors.
Yew has to fight alone, but then he's helped by Edea. who found him thanks to prof. Norzen They travel on and find Magnolia; then they travel to Eternia and get Tiz back (which is also seen in the trailer).

Opening movie (shows Tiz's awakening):

Also, Tiz's awakening features the only in-game 360 movie, in which your camera serves as Tiz's eyes.

I'd rather not write more about the plot simply because I'd have to put entire posts in spoiler boxes, and I'd rather you found everything out yourself; I'd like to settle on friend summons and boss strategies in terms of helping others, duh.
Justykanna
Ha, that explains it. My brother was pretty insistent that you use four brand new characters in the game. I did see the trailer with Edea and Tiz, so that threw me off.

Nooooo I like Nikolai. =(

Right. And that's from the extra in Bravely Default right? I saw that I think... xD

Can't wait!
...except the game comes out days before my final exams start. Guhhhh.
Topic Starter
-Maus-
The trailer for Bravely Second is in Bravely Default indeed, but both of the videos I've posted above are also available in the actual game, and can be rewatched at any time.

EDIT: It seems I've maxed out everything on the Moon, rip
Justykanna
You've made me more excited for this game... I hate you so much because I'm stuck waiting half a month for it. lol.
Topic Starter
-Maus-
US release date is today, hype
I might be absent on PC or an amount of time I cannot describe, may be 'till the end of the month, maybe longer
Anyway, when you buy the game, press X once you run it and if it doesn't show me on your list in X-> Tactics-> Friends, then go to the Traveller (the person in brown clothes in every city and dungeon) and pick "add friends", and the game should scan for people from your friend list who have the game. Then you can do Tactics -> Abilink, which allows you to link one of your friends with one of your characters; after that, the character will have access to all the skills and abilities the player has acquired; and thanks to me having the game since March, you'll be able to have any job you want at lv 10 (you'll have to get the jobs yourself, though). This also leads me to one thing- you still haven't given me your FC, have you?
Justykanna

Transformau5 wrote:

US release date is today, hype
I might be absent on PC or an amount of time I cannot describe, may be 'till the end of the month, maybe longer
Anyway, when you buy the game, press X once you run it and if it doesn't show me on your list in X-> Tactics-> Friends, then go to the Traveller (the person in brown clothes in every city and dungeon) and pick "add friends", and the game should scan for people from your friend list who have the game. Then you can do Tactics -> Abilink, which allows you to link one of your friends with one of your characters; after that, the character will have access to all the skills and abilities the player has acquired; and thanks to me having the game since March, you'll be able to have any job you want at lv 10 (you'll have to get the jobs yourself, though). This also leads me to one thing- you still haven't given me your FC, have you?
Just so we're clear here, I'm not American. =P

Well it all works the same as Bravely Default, right?
Oh right! Good call. It's: 3136-3831-3722. I will be on very sparingly in the next week though because I have exams until Thursday.
Topic Starter
-Maus-
Ah, I thought Canada shares US's release dates.
Duh, it says this code is incorrect.
Justykanna

Transformau5 wrote:

Ah, I thought Canada shares US's release dates.
Duh, it says this code is incorrect.
It does but I'm still not from the US. =P

Ha. I'm dumb.
3136-6831-3722
The fifth number was wrong. Whoops.
Topic Starter
-Maus-
Added ayy
Enjoy your lv 10's, I've got 2 jobs left but I'll max them out real quick
Giralda
NA release hype!

I haven't been able to play through a lot of my game today since I have to study for exams, but I'm going to add people who've posted their FC in this post already.

Here's mine: 2294 - 4721 - 4005
Justykanna

Giralda wrote:

NA release hype!

I haven't been able to play through a lot of my game today since I have to study for exams, but I'm going to add people who've posted their FC in this post already.

Here's mine: 2294 - 4721 - 4005
Oh, the deadly exams. Why must games come out now. D=
Topic Starter
-Maus-
1 job left, it's at lv 8 right now iirc
Added
Justykanna
Finished the Prologue, mostly for the purposes of being able to collect workers on the moon now.
And now the game goes away until I'm done exams... :(
Topic Starter
-Maus-
Wait 'till you unlock the buster ships (or have you?)
Justykanna

Transformau5 wrote:

Doesn't sound familiar. I've literally just finished the Prologue and unlocked pretty much nothing on the moon.
Giralda

Justykanna wrote:

Transformau5 wrote:

Doesn't sound familiar. I've literally just finished the Prologue and unlocked pretty much nothing on the moon.
Don't want to really spoil but there's storyline quest that you have to go through and it will eventually allow you to fight invaders to the moon. Their power and levels can vary so it's also important to note that as well.
Topic Starter
-Maus-
Ayy then get ready
My buster ship is lv 99 with 300 firepower, or 450 if your invader has a white symbol
Topic Starter
-Maus-
Forgive me if I take time to respond, will have to go back to using only my 3DS for everything, duh
Justykanna
You're doing a really good job at making me wish I wasn't studying and instead, playing this game. D=
Topic Starter
-Maus-
Trying to complete my bestiary, 145 monster species left rip
Also, a bunch of info:
-My 3ds ignores me pressing enter and it inputs plain text
-I've received an unlisted Ba'al (not noted in the bestiary at all)-Firstborn; if you have the proper feature unlocked, you should receive it from me
-I finished the post-game yesterday, twice
-Might be a bit of a spoiler, but the third game of the series is confirmed as hell
-Feel free to ask me anything, be it friend summons, job combos, enemies, strategies or the lore, I've got you guys covered and will try to provide help despite the difficulties a 3ds can provide when it comes to writing
Justykanna

Transformau5 wrote:

Trying to complete my bestiary, 145 monster species left rip
Also, a bunch of info:
-My 3ds ignores me pressing enter and it inputs plain text
-I've received an unlisted Ba'al (not noted in the bestiary at all)-Firstborn; if you have the proper feature unlocked, you should receive it from me
-I finished the post-game yesterday, twice
-Might be a bit of a spoiler, but the third game of the series is confirmed as hell
-Feel free to ask me anything, be it friend summons, job combos, enemies, strategies or the lore, I've got you guys covered and will try to provide help despite the difficulties a 3ds can provide when it comes to writing
I don't know half this stuff!
But to that last one: thanks! Appreciated! Will likely play the game next week. =)
Topic Starter
-Maus-
Note: When moving to a new location (be it the world map or a new dungeon), make sure you do random encounters until you complete the bestiary entries for all the enemies from the environment. It will save you lots of time and won't make you share my struggle of having to replay the entire game to get them all, rip

The replay is necessary, because the enemies change after Chapter 4, so there's no going back
Giralda
Almost done exams, I've just been updating data for invites to increase the number of workers I have and letting the game run on sleep mode while I do the reconstruction stuff for upgrades.
Topic Starter
-Maus-
Gud boi
A few tips regarding the moon reconstruction and special attack building:
-Upgrade everything BUT the bioplant (it's pointless unless you're gonna use catmancer and patissier jobs, which require special items acquired at this facility
-Upgrade the special attack trigger lab until you unlock the "brave" trigger; at this point you can cease the upgrade until there's nothing left, because brave is the best trigger and you'll benefit the most by setting this on all characters
-Keep unlocking upgrades for the special attacks- the more upgrades you get, the more changes you can do to your special moves, and this way, you'll be able to create moves that will be extremely effective against bosses weak to their elements

--Special move building--

-When you press X and go to the "Special" tab, you'll be able to modify the special moves for each of your characters; you'll also be able to see what moves they can use with their equipped weapons (each weapon should have 4 moves)
-The top-left tab is the "parts" tab; it contains 4 move categories: Offensive, Recovery, Enfeebling and Support; each weapon will have 4 moves, and depending on the weapon, they'll have different types; for example, firearms can use 3 offensive abilities and 1 enfeebling one
Offensive skills
-Offensive skills damage the enemy; their upgrades influence the attack's element (for example, setting "fire" will make the attack deal fire damage), its power (the power boost part increases damage dealt, with Power Boost Lv 5 increasing your overall damage by 50%), vulnerable enemy type (for example, setting "Demon Slayer" will increase damage dealt to Demonkind enemies by 50%), and the optional ailment that can be applied to an enemy if the attack hits (e.g. Blind Touch has a chance to blind the enemy)
Recovery skills
-Recovery skills replenish your HP, MP, BP or remove status ailments; their upgrades change the amount of HP, MP or BP recovered, as well as the ailment that shall be healed upon use
Enfeebling skills
-Enfeebling moves debuff the enemy, weakening their attacks, lowering defense or increasing their vulnerability to elements and ailments; their upgrades influence the duration of the effect (up to 5 additional turns), the enemy attribute lowered (physical and magical attack and defense, accuracy and speed), ailment to which enemy's resistance would be weakened (for example poison res down), and the same effect, but for elements (fire res down)
Support skills
-Support moves affect your allies and do the same thing as the enfeebling ones, but they improve your attributes instead
-Selecting one of these four sections and pressing A will redirect you to the upgrade tab, in which you'll be able to apply any modifications you've unlocked from the Moon facilities
Special move upgrades
-In this menu, on the bottom screen, there will be a list of all unlocked moves for all weapons of this category; for example, if you pick Offensive skills for your gunner ally, on the top screen there will be available modifications, and on the bottom screen- a list of all offensive skills for all weapons; tapping a panel with a move's name will display detailed info on the top screen (each move also has its base effects, which will be applied aside from the modifications you apply)
-The top and bottom-right panels in the special move menu are lists of available special moves for your left-hand and right-hand weapons, each with its separate skills
-The bottom-left section is the "Trigger" section; a trigger is an action that charges the special gauge and allows you to use the special moves; remember when I said that every weapon has 4 special moves? Each of them has a level, and each consecutive move level requires more triggers to be used, with the lv 4 move requiring the full gauge (25 triggers). For example, if you set the trigger to Brave, then this very character will have to perform 25 Brave actions to be able to use their final special move. On top of that, changing a trigger condition will set the counter back to 0. You can check your trigger number on the bottom screen in this menu.
-The panel below allows you to change shout-outs that appear when you use special moves, self-explanatory
-Pressing B in the special move menu and scrolling to the very bottom allows you to change the names of special moves, if you feel like it or stuff

Hope it helps in the future

This is gonna get awkward if you've already known this
Giralda

Transformau5 wrote:

This is gonna get awkward if you've already known this
In hindsight I probably should have mentioned this.
Topic Starter
-Maus-
Ayy lmao, no problem
Topic Starter
-Maus-
While farming for new specimen, I came up with an idea
Would you like me to turn the first post in the topic into an information megapost? It would contain all content of Yew's diary, plot events, strategies, bestiary entries, Q&A (given there will be any questions), loadouts etc.
I could begin the work this Friday, I guess I'll let you pick a monster group I should describe first.
Justykanna

Transformau5 wrote:

While farming for new specimen, I came up with an idea
Would you like me to turn the first post in the topic into an information megapost? It would contain all content of Yew's diary, plot events, strategies, bestiary entries, Q&A (given there will be any questions), loadouts etc.
I could begin the work this Friday, I guess I'll let you pick a monster group I should describe first.
Lol that seems like a lot of work. I'm not sure how much I'd read it unless there were specific pieces of information I need. And even then, I tend to like to search the game myself.
Topic Starter
-Maus-
That's the main goal of this- to gather all info at one place to make it easier to find stuff. I don't think I'm going to describe the plot in itw entirety- last time, it took me 4 hours rip
Topic Starter
-Maus-
Anyway, I've started making the database in the first post, I've already created its main outline. You're still free to ask for anything regarding the game or the compendium, as it's still WIP (be it specific info you need or how the formatting is done, I suck). Starting my work on the first batch of Humanoid enemies.

By the way, how far into the story are you, guys?
Justykanna

Transformau5 wrote:

Anyway, I've started making the database in the first post, I've already created its main outline. You're still free to ask for anything regarding the game or the compendium, as it's still WIP (be it specific info you need or how the formatting is done, I suck). Starting my work on the first batch of Humanoid enemies.

By the way, how far into the story are you, guys?
Wow, lol. I'm sure I'll be referring to your post when I'm closer to the end. I don't tend to like looking stuff up for games until I'm done or close to it. That's when I go for completion.

Uhm. I haven't played much, sadly. I just got to The Land of Learning and am about to head into the thief's hideout (optional quest).
Topic Starter
-Maus-
Oh, nice. Do you want a rundown of the quest itself, the dungeon or such? If it somehow has missed your attention, it's a Thief-Red Mage quest. Imo it was the second-hardest one when it came to choosing using your world-view rather than just the perks of the job. But if you only look at the job's stats- fight Jackal; Thief job can provide you with more cash, and its level 11 legendary skill allows you to obtain items from bosses, which can't be obtained otherwise. Some of these can increase your stats, which is really helpful in the end-game. As for the red mage, it surely helps you grind enemy encounters thanks to its BP recovery abilities, but other than that, it's easily outclassed by other mage jobs you can acquire shortly after that.
Justykanna
Wait, you can only obtain one or the other? That seems... extremely lame. Is that the case for later ones? I mean... I would have chosen thief anyways because I've always been an item collector in all my JRPGs.
Giralda
I've reached Chapter 6 for a long while already but I just haven't got the chance to play ever since I started my Hong Kong trip. Got the Templar asterisk though, but that last one isn't spoiler worthy heheheh
Justykanna: Don't be discouraged, New Game+ exists remember?
Topic Starter
-Maus-
"Bravely Second, the courage to try again"

@Giralda, have you tried the post-game yet? That thing takes some work to finish ayy
Giralda

Transformau5 wrote:

"Bravely Second, the courage to try again"

@Giralda, have you tried the post-game yet? That thing takes some work to finish ayy
I don't have access to post-game yet but I know someone who does. Yeah I know what you're talking about as well.

Also holy crap, new costumes after Ch 6 are super expensive. Some of them don't actually look all that nice either.
Topic Starter
-Maus-
I have my team wear:
-Tiz- Sagittarius garb
-Edea- Sky Knight garb/Chompette suit
-Magnolia- Planeswarden garb
-Yew- United Luxendarc Army garb

They're precious

I see, have a bunch of weaknesses of the bosses:
-Anne Ultimate Form- Bug/Humanoid, weak to fire
-Dat Boi- Demon, weak to wind
-Dem Boyz- Inorganic, weak to darkness

I can send you a finisher summon if you want ayy

@Justy, here's a list of all the side-quests:
  1. Thief vs Red Mage
  2. Summoner vs Swordmaster
  3. White Mage vs Merchant
  4. Black Mage vs Ranger
  5. Knight vs Ninja
  6. Valkyrie vs Monk
  7. Performer vs Pirate
  8. Time Mage vs Dark Knight
  9. Templar
  10. Yokai
Topic Starter
-Maus-
Started adding enemies fought in the Harena region so that Justy has it easier there. Added info about imperial desert units- stave, axe and shield (entries 24, 28 and 32 in the humanoid section) as well as a few insects and aquatic foes.
Justykanna

Transformau5 wrote:

Started adding enemies fought in the Harena region so that Justy has it easier there. Added info about imperial desert units- stave, axe and shield (entries 24, 28 and 32 in the humanoid section) as well as a few insects and aquatic foes.
Omg that list. xD

Wouldn't it be easier to put that kinda info in an external site, like a blog site?
Also, I think that many spoilerboxes are glitching the thread because when I click on any of them, they keep collapsing. xD

Edit: You, sir, have dedication. I admire that! Props. =)
Topic Starter
-Maus-
Ikr, though I don't know any standalone external sites that would accept the entire code of the post. It would surely be easier, but I'm not really keen on rewriting the entire post; it took me some time to decide what bbcodes to use to make it work lol

Uh, also, I've finally found the Amaterasu summon:

show more